Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Ask Baldy, blame AceRph
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Rutabaga OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
How to save a thread while working on it?

Having a difficult time trying to post a new Day Tripping thread. Need to save my work and be able to continue it later. Am I missing seeing that option somewhere on the screen? Tried googling an answer and reading this forum but coming up empty. Just inadvertently posted and then had to edit it as a retreat from prime time.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 33,241
There is no draft function, so you did the best thing possible for your situation.

You could also create the post and when you run out of time copy everything to a document you save on your computer and exit advrider.

When you return, copy/paste it back into advider and continue with the post.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
Rutabaga OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks. I'll try that method.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,329
What he said. You can write much of it in Microsoft Word off line, do your proofing and spell check, copy and paste, and then you retain a ""word" copy for yourself, for that day you make a coffee table book for your friends...

I will say that I use Photobucket on a near daily basis. I have tried to copy Photobucket image "code" into Word documents so I could later copy and paste it while running ebay or Craig's list ads for things for sale, with lots of detail and photographs. That being said, the hangup I ran into was, Word did not seem to like the "code" when I pasted it in. Initially, it looked ok, it's just code, right, but when I copied and pasted it again from Word into forums, Craigs, ebay, etc., the code for my images would be polluted and not appear correctly.

MY fix:

I open a blank Windows Live e-mail screen, like I was creating an e-mail to send to someone. I skip the header information cause I am never going to send it anyway. I "compose" my Craigs, ebay or ADV forum text in the body of the e-mail, and it can be saved as a draft and re-opened later. I can also paste "code" from Photobucket, etc., easily into that screen, and when I copy and paste from Windows Live, the code/photos and text does not fight with each other and it comes out just fine.

The other way to look at it is, you typically have an e-mail program up and running in the background somewhere anyway, right?

Just a thought. Below is a screen shot from an open Windows Live screen, you can maybe see that in addition to having the e-mail program open in the tabs at the bottom of the "screen", that I have a tab open to ADVrider and to my Image Hosting choice, Photobucket. You can also see the image code. That screen of data was ready to be copied and pasted into an ADV forum posting, etc.

Unstable Rider screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 04:47 AM
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Rutabaga OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Rider View Post
What he said. You can write much of it in Microsoft Word off line, do your proofing and spell check, copy and paste, and then you retain a ""word" copy for yourself, for that day you make a coffee table book for your friends...

I will say that I use Photobucket on a near daily basis. I have tried to copy Photobucket image "code" into Word documents so I could later copy and paste it while running ebay or Craig's list ads for things for sale, with lots of detail and photographs. That being said, the hangup I ran into was, Word did not seem to like the "code" when I pasted it in. Initially, it looked ok, it's just code, right, but when I copied and pasted it again from Word into forums, Craigs, ebay, etc., the code for my images would be polluted and not appear correctly.

MY fix:

I open a blank Windows Live e-mail screen, like I was creating an e-mail to send to someone. I skip the header information cause I am never going to send it anyway. I "compose" my Craigs, ebay or ADV forum text in the body of the e-mail, and it can be saved as a draft and re-opened later. I can also paste "code" from Photobucket, etc., easily into that screen, and when I copy and paste from Windows Live, the code/photos and text does not fight with each other and it comes out just fine.

The other way to look at it is, you typically have an e-mail program up and running in the background somewhere anyway, right?

Just a thought. Below is a screen shot from an open Windows Live screen, you can maybe see that in addition to having the e-mail program open in the tabs at the bottom of the "screen", that I have a tab open to ADVrider and to my Image Hosting choice, Photobucket. You can also see the image code. That screen of data was ready to be copied and pasted into an ADV forum posting, etc.

Wonderful suggestion. I just tested that and it works on my mac. Gotta love these work arounds!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: