Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 513 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #26551
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Bugger. So wanted to go out myself but here I am sat waiting for a bloody phone call
Sorry to hear that. Missing out on a day like today in Dec is almost criminal.

M
Old 12-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #26552
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Sorry to hear that. Missing out on a day like today in Dec is almost criminal.

M
Agreed. Feckers never called so they can go fuck themselves, I'm riding tomorrow (if the weather cooperates that is).
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #26553
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

I can't say I went for a run 'cause there was lots of stopping and going on 'cause my co-hare and I were 'planning' Sun's trail, but I did jog a bit today.

Not the same as riding. Not at all!

M
Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #26554
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,433
Winter might be here soon. It's pissing down rain for the second day this week since Monday. Arrgh. At least I got out yesterday for 11.4 miles of single track... in shorts. It was 63 degrees.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #26555
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Winter might be here soon. It's pissing down rain for the second day this week since Monday. Arrgh. At least I got out yesterday for 11.4 miles of single track... in shorts. It was 63 degrees.
Rain/snow mix, here. Dropping to 19deg F, by nightfall, with 1"-3" overnight.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #26556
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 19,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
I wish you the best.

I don't have problems until I go above 190bpm. At that point, I feel like I can't get enough air. I guess that's my "red zone".
That was easy.

They rolled me into the cardiac cath lab at 0825 and I was back in the recovery room at 0905. They found no blockage which is a great relief.

I need to watch my cholesterol and we need to determine why I get dizzy when my HR goes over 175 or so but, with a family history of heart issues and atherosclerosis, it's great to have confirmation of no blockage and no structural issues.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #26557
Ridge
Sinister Kid

Oddometer: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
That was easy.

They rolled me into the cardiac cath lab at 0825 and I was back in the recovery room at 0905. They found no blockage which is a great relief.

I need to watch my cholesterol and we need to determine why I get dizzy when my HR goes over 175 or so but, with a family history of heart issues and atherosclerosis, it's great to have confirmation of no blockage and no structural issues.
That's great news; congratulations! Now, go get a ride in and keep that ticker exercised.

Edited because I can't seem to type when Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ridge screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 08:46 AM
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #26558
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
You can start by taking off that silly HR monitor Gerry. That and a glass of red wine a day. Keep on keeping on.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #26559
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 19,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
You can start by taking off that silly HR monitor Gerry. That and a glass of red wine a day. Keep on keeping on.
The wine suggestion is one that I'll strongly consider. I'm not much of a pill person so it's a better alternative. Thanks!
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #26560
filmfan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
This link is probably 205, but it's still fun to watch.
Happy holidays everybody;

http://www.specialized.com/bc/microsite/holiday/
filmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #26561
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,332
So I finally got my ride in yesterday and now that I have my REI jacket (forget the model but it rocks) the only part of me that is cold is my feet. I have booties and I wear thick wool socks but my feet are still freezing.

Suggestions ? Will something like silk and/or goretex type liners help do you think ?
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #26562
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,838
Quote:
So I finally got my ride in yesterday and now that I have my REI jacket (forget the model but it rocks) the only part of me that is cold is my feet. I have booties and I wear thick wool socks but my feet are still freezing.

Suggestions ? Will something like silk and/or goretex type liners help do you think ?

I can ride down into the teens with the winter shoes and chemical warmers. There are ones that just stick under your toes, and another that covers the footbed. Both work great. Those and booties should work for you.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #26563
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:

Feet sweat too. Maybe it isn't too cold, but too warm?

I have 3 pairs of booties. From the insulated Gore booties, to the Pro Tarmac booites, to the 'Belgian' booties (ie thick socks). I'll pick which fits the weather best. Oh, and keep an eye on chainlove. They're running specials on the Mavic booties with the chemical warmer pocket in em off and on.

Me? I've got a serious case of the screw-its. Its cold (ish), windy, and overcast. Good day to not ride.

M
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #26564
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,834
An old team I was on, had a Russian guy who rode everywhere, any weather, around Denver Colorado. He used a larger pair of shoes in cold weather, so he could wear thick wool hiking socks. From what I could manage to understand his feet never got cold.
I had been complaining about my feet being numb from the cold on a ride.
He was quite the character too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Feet sweat too. Maybe it isn't too cold, but too warm?

I have 3 pairs of booties. From the insulated Gore booties, to the Pro Tarmac booites, to the 'Belgian' booties (ie thick socks). I'll pick which fits the weather best. Oh, and keep an eye on chainlove. They're running specials on the Mavic booties with the chemical warmer pocket in em off and on.

Me? I've got a serious case of the screw-its. Its cold (ish), windy, and overcast. Good day to not ride.

M
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #26565
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:

You need an insulated, cycling boot. Take a look here and here.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: