Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Hey anyone who is doing straight off roading next week hit me up. My son is back in town & wants to ride. Him and the guys he races with are riding an indoor track in Cleveland this weekend then heading here. Even tho slashes is close to us, he would opt out of that ride, doesn't want to have to punch so idiot in the face, for doing something stupid out there.

Training grounds are an option but would prefer that place by Berkeley plantation. We are not members but might become one if he transfer to school in VA. Let me know, and it's after 06:20 am and we are still here. Shit now I have to go pay bills!!!
  2. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Its been at least 10 years since I have ridden at Slades. Back then it was off the chain...two way traffic, drinking, rowdiness and from what I hear, it hasn't changed much...too bad. The last season I rode there, I heard that they had to air lift a kid out of there to Norfolk General who had gone head on with either another bike or quad.
    So far, I am very pleased with the Charles City Dirt Riders track. They seem very professional, it's clean, it's family friendly, no booze allowed, the older/better riders give Gabriel space on his tiny PW50 and no quads allowed. If Gabriel keeps this level of excitement up, I will do the "unlimited riding plan" route next year for $700 and buy a dedicted, hard core, motocross bike before I kill the DRZ.
  3. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of Slades. One of the last times I was there a kids ran into the side of my parked truck way away from any trails. The father beat the kid bad, it was not a good day.

I have never ridden at CCDR track out there, but it does look well kept. Can members have the occasional guest? If so I know my son would love to ride out there. I have no desire to abuse my body anymore. I know if I strapped he gear on & hopped in the saddle of a capable bike, I would not hold back and it scares me for some reason. It's just like hopping on the track at VIR.

I think I'm scared of getting sucked back in. I will stick with the big GS for now.
  4. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, no. Strictly members only, no exceptions. $75 will get you a member sticker until 12/31/13 and then you pay $25 per rider each visit. There can only be one adult rider, any other riders must be a minor. All adult riders 18 and up need to have their own membership.
  5. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Old, Brittle and Have to Work on Monday Club! :gerg
  6. schlitz

schlitz the slow one

Oddometer:
    Totalled in @ 500 feet huh? Wow. Oh well. :1drink
  7. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Dang. This is what I get for sleeping in late. I need to go to NY too, to pick up a nice XR650L that I'm buying from an inmate. :clap Step 1 of the 2013 TAT prep is about to happen!

Fortunately for me the guy has agreed to bring it south and meet me in southern NJ near the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

jeff
  8. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess some things aren't too good to be true. Just picked her up! I'm so excited. I will need help lowering the bike in stock for as I'm way too short.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Nice bike!!! Congrats!
  10. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:

:happay

love that new bike feeling!

Now pay attention to the road and quit looking at it in the mirror. :D
  11. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    That looks very nice! one skid plate please....what's up with that Uhaul moto carrier, never seen one with a built in wheel chock and all....
  12. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:
    Congrats! That thing is WAY too clean! Bring her home, we can fix that! :getiton
    You sure do have a fascination with BLUE! Blue WRX, blue SV650 and now a blue WR250!

It's painfully S-L-O-W. Nobody wants to be seen today unless they are really hurt or sick. I ran some errands, bought all the office staff lunch at Mexico and picked up a couple gallons of Chic-Fil-A lemonade to wash it all down. The combination of a carb and fat filled lunch, all of the cookies, fudge and chocolate in the office and the lack of patients has almost gotten the best of me. I am doing "educational research" on all of the new 2013 models, scanning CL, eBay, ADV Rider and anything else I can to stay awake until 5:00. Yawn...

Woo Hoo, my 1500th post...Guy, I may catch you one day! Only 6000 to go, lol!
  13. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice.

Dude, it even still has the toolkit. It really has never been off road. I don't think those survive the first bump without falling off.

To lower the rear, unbolt the rear shock at the bottom. The bottom clevis and lock nut can be loosened and threaded further up the shaft to get you about an inch. Don't thread them up the shaft until the hit the rebound adjuster. It can be a real pain to get the nut loose. For the front you can just lower the triple clamps on the forks. It is still pretty tall after that though. Makes my DL feel low.

Also don't be alarmed if it seems a lot louder after you put a skid plate on. It will echo all the engine noise right up to you. Also use plenty of blue locktite or bolts will find a way to loosen.
  14. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    I paid for a $50/yr and pay $25 to ride each time etc. Haven't been over yet since just got my decal the other day. May take a lesson or two on the smaller bikes.
  15. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:
    Your's is a single membership ($50), Gabriel and I have a "family membership" ($75)
  16. burtonrider3889

Oddometer:
    It's an actual motorcycle trailer. It was only $15 to rent. I don't even know how they made money on the transaction.

:lol3 Yea Blue and Gold really...

I'm looking forward to dirtying her up with you guys.

I will try this by myself, but I may be asking for help from one of you guys if I fail miserably.

Also, is it okay to have the stock baffle out of the exhaust? It doesn't mess any of the fuel mapping does it? I thought I read that it's fine, but I just want to double check since he had taken it out.
  17. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't have an issue helping with the shock. I had to do the same on mine. As far as the baffle, I'd leave it in there. It won't make a difference unless you are looking to make it louder. I had a fmf, now running stock. No real difference with out header and air box mods. Stock is quieter though.

Ride stock for a bit before you look at modding it for power. You might be surprised. Also changing gearing is the biggest bang for the buck.
  18. burtonrider3889

Oddometer:
    Well the baffle is already out of the bike. I was just wondering if I needed to put it in for any reason.
  19. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't know the baffle was removable.
  20. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    One post I read indicates that the baffle and SA are one piece. You may want to put it back. The other mods to look into are disconnecting the EXUP valve and something to do with removing a flap in the air box. Can't tell you much about those because it was already done to mine when I bought it.