Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #331
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS77 View Post
Placed an order on Monday and got my stuff today. It all looks outstanding, Merry Christmas to me! Thanks
No. Thank YOU!

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #332
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Looks like a great product Michael!

It looks like it could also be used as a makeshift splint if needed... What do you think?

Definitely.

BritKit LLC
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #333
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,981
Got your PM Mike. Thanks a million! Your customer service is simply outstanding!

Pete
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #334
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
Got your PM Mike. Thanks a million! Your customer service is simply outstanding!

Pete
Awww... geee... shucks... thanks!

Let's blame it on Barley. Who can resist a dog in a sidecar!?

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #335
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,136
Mike,
do the rack loops only include the loops and hardware? ie: you need to also purchase the alloy hook straps?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #336
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Mike,
do the rack loops only include the loops and hardware? ie: you need to also purchase the alloy hook straps?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #337
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Mike,

Hi levain,

The Rack Loops are a stand-alone product, so what you see in the photos on the site is what you get i.e. this:

Alloy Hook Straps are included with all US packs of 10 liters and above, and are also available to purchase separately. The older US packs without Alloy Hook Straps will still work with the Rack Loops, but they are a little less conveninent (you'll need to remove one of the male quick-release clips on each straps and thread they through the Rack Loops, then reattach it).

This is no big deal if you're not going to be wanting to ride without the bag attached very often, but the Alloy Hooks are a tidier solution.

The only exception is the US-5, which need to be attached with a set of our Cam Straps (due to the standard straps being designed to be bolted directly onto the bike and are therefore too short for a Rack Loop application). Like so:

That said, you can attach pretty much attach anything you like with any appropriate 25mm straps. Comme ça:

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #338
traveltoad
Aaron S

Hey Michael, are the straps slightly different between the US30 and the US20? And if so... why?

I am looking at these two photos on your website:

US30:

US20:
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #339
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Hey Michael, are the straps slightly different between the US30 and the US20? And if so... why?

I am looking at these two photos on your website:

US30:

US20:
Hi mate,

The strapping system on the US-10 and US-20 is now identical that that on the US-30. It's just that Kriega has yet to update the official photos of the smaller packs, which is why the old 'compression strap' system is shown in some photos on the website.

I got your email about the other things - I'll give you a call in a few.

Cheers!

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #340
4TooMany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
I just got an R35 and a US-20. And I have a US-5 on the way thanks to the Kriega rebate. Wonderful bags so far!

I do wish there was another mounting option if you're using a rack. Something a bit more permanent looking. The webbing loops are OK, but they ended up being a bit too long for my use. And when the bag is off the bike, the loops hang down pretty far and flop around.

So I ended up making my own solution, at least for now. Seems to work OK. This is an SW-Motech rack on an F800GS.

Thanks again for making such a wonderful product. There was no second choice.

4TooMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #341
C/W
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Looks good! For a minor aesthetic you could put the loops on the underside of the rack (leave the button head bits on top).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TooMany View Post
I just got an R35 and a US-20. And I have a US-5 on the way thanks to the Kriega rebate. Wonderful bags so far!

I do wish there was another mounting option if you're using a rack. Something a bit more permanent looking. The webbing loops are OK, but they ended up being a bit too long for my use. And when the bag is off the bike, the loops hang down pretty far and flop around.

So I ended up making my own solution, at least for now. Seems to work OK. This is an SW-Motech rack on an F800GS.

Thanks again for making such a wonderful product. There was no second choice.

C/W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #342
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Or get some of these......................

http://www.kriega.us/rack-loop-endur...uggage-mounts/

I am in the process of trying to figure out the best position for the Rack Loops on my ProMoto Billet rack that is installed on my KTM 640. The Rack Loops will look similar to your install when I am done.

Cheers
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #343
4TooMany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/W View Post
Looks good! For a minor aesthetic you could put the loops on the underside of the rack (leave the button head bits on top).
I would like to do that, but it's not as easy as it sounds. The holes I'm using are actually threaded, so I'd have to run the bolts up from the bottom. Two problems with that. First, the bolts would stick out, though I could probably find shorter ones. Second, and more importantly, the threaded ferrules that are welded to the rack extend beyond the bottom surface of the rack. So there's no surface to "clamp" the webbing. I could maybe use two washers to clamp the webbing.

Droptarotter, I like that idea, and they're beautiful, but they're pricey. And again because the holes I'm using are already threaded, I'm not sure they'd work. I could potentially use some of the other holes that aren't threaded. Hmmm.
4TooMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #344
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,799
Hey Mike, you know what I like, or think would be cool?

I have been using the heck out of the little rectangular stuff bags, the Kubes It doubles as either the tire kit, or toilet kit, depending on the trip

But importantly, I think it definitely keeps things from going loose in the backpacks. If I had three of them, there wouldnt be any loose stuff. The backpack becomes a stuffsack for smaller, nested ones. And each pack could be used independtly, without going spelunking in the pack just to find one thing.
I could either pull out the toilet kit OR the tire change kit, OR the maps, compass, keys and phone.

Just a word out to you guys looking to get a backpack. get two or three of the Kubes. It just helps my organisation a lot, because I tend to get a little spread out
Old 12-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #345
traveltoad
Aaron S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Hey Mike, you know what I like, or think would be cool?

I have been using the heck out of the little rectangular stuff bags, the Kubes It doubles as either the tire kit, or toilet kit, depending on the trip

But importantly, I think it definitely keeps things from going loose in the backpacks. If I had three of them, there wouldnt be any loose stuff. The backpack becomes a stuffsack for smaller, nested ones. And each pack could be used independtly, without going spelunking in the pack just to find one thing.
I could either pull out the toilet kit OR the tire change kit, OR the maps, compass, keys and phone.

Just a word out to you guys looking to get a backpack. get two or three of the Kubes. It just helps my organisation a lot, because I tend to get a little spread out
It's funny you mention that... I just ordered a Kube 1 to check out for just that reason.