User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
wannabe1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Reflex Sport vs Reflex question

Do any of you know if a windscreen for a Honda Reflex will fit the Sport model of the Reflex? So far the only differences I have read about between the two is the sport has a backrest seat hump for the pillion and no rear rack provisions and of course the short windscreen. I have found a sport for sale, but know I couldn't live with the lack of a taller windscreen, but need to know if that can be done.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,150
Yes the screens are interchangeble and the swap is pretty easy

Ogre_fl screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 08:08 AM
Ogre_fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
wannabe1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Ogre, the one I am looking at is yellow and the sportscreen has apparently been painted. Sure wish it were another color, anything but yellow.

I am digging your hack too, awesome looking rig.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,150
Thanks, but we don't have it any more. Shouldn't have sold it.

I liked the sport screen, my wife preferred the tall one.

FWIW The rig would go a bit faster with the sport screen on.
Ogre_fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Also, the standard rear wing and the Sport model grab rail with back rest are interchangeable as well. The rear wing works a whole lot better if you decide to add a top box (or milk crate if that is all you can get) to your Reflex. In fact just about all of the parts are interchangeable except when it comes to different model years. 2004 through 2007 have a higher output electrical generating system with a larger stator along with a larger case cover for it along with a different voltage regulator/rectifier. I can not say with certainty whether or not that the wiring harness connector is the same in that area. My guess is that it would be. It could probably be discerned by looking at the wiring schematic. (Gee, I have 3 and soon maybe 4 Reflex scooters, but never have needed to be concerned about that and so I have not checked into it.)

The other difference would be between ABS and non-ABS Reflexes. The wiring harness IS different with wiring and connectors for the ABS sensors and braking modulator and the ABS warning light located up with the tachometer whereas the non-ABS does not have the extra wiring and the different ABS brake plumbing.

Any other differences are mostly cosmetic ie; grab rail/wing, plastic handlebar cover/ open chrome handlebar, chrome or standard side stand, short "Sport" or standard tall windscreen, wheel color, body panel color. The inner box, floor step/tank tunnel, underside cover and lower front cover were a dark gray for some models, but most are just black.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
bandito2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe1 View Post
Sure wish it were another color, anything but yellow.

You wouldn't believe how many comments I get on the visibility of my yellow Reflexes! Car drivers and bikers alike tell me the color really stands out in traffic.
BTW, enjoy your new ride.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
wannabe1 OP
Studly Adventurer

I haven't gotten it, just shopping since I sold my zuma 125. May go dualsport or just try to be content with my HD electra glide.