Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #56866
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkridergc View Post
Hi all and Merry Christmas!
Apostle2 and I tool a newbie rider out today and I rode sweep while recording with my Contour Roam. Great day for a ride but when I got home, I found that I had the Contour's lens rotated about 90 degrees off. I guess that's ok if you want to stand the computer monitor on it's side but I'd rather just rotate the vid like you can a picture in a photo viewing program. Problem is, Story Teller (Contour's video interface) doesn't seem to have that function. I'm hoping some of you other Contour users or otherwise video savy of the collective might be able to help a brother out. I did take a few still photos and will upload those over in the rides reports thread soon but I caught a couple of bike naps in the video (mine included) I'd be willing to post up if I couuld get these vids fixed.
Thanks and ride safe,
Gary
Hi Gary, I just put a small piece of transparent scotch tape around about half of the lens and camera body when I first got mine lined up and it has never moved. Bad design they should have some detents with markings but don't. Merry Christmas too!
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #56867
arkridergc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Hi Gary, I just put a small piece of transparent scotch tape around about half of the lens and camera body when I first got mine lined up and it has never moved. Bad design they should have some detents with markings but don't. Merry Christmas too!
Hey Mike! Glad to hear you're on the mend. I understand the reasoning behind allowing the lens to rotate because I use it on 3 different helmets and none of them allow the camera be indexed the same but in this case I just forgot to check the laser alignment. Once it is set, I've never had it inadvertently move while while riding. That they didn't allow an edit in thier software for the eventuality that the user might misposition it IS a bad design!

On a brighter note, it looks like you Fayetteville'rs may get a white Christmas. One winter after the sun came out, I rode up to Petit Jean while the snow was still on the ground and it was a beautiful ride. We'll probably get a nice coating of ice here! No going in that!
Two Brothers on Two50's ride Colorado
'09 Yamaha WR250r, '08 Harley Davidson Road Glide
arkridergc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #56868
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,918
I'll be thinking of all of you and the white Christmas from afar. I will be in Rio Vista, Texas for Christmas then off to Big Bend Ranch State Park for four days of riding in the Chihuahuan Desert. Not supposed to be very warm at night but days should be comfortable. I will try to get lots of pictures while gone.

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 12-22-2012 at 08:23 PM
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #56869
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
I'll be thinking of all of you and the white Christmas from afar. I will be in Rio Vista, Texas for Christmas then off to Big Bend Ranch State Park for four days of riding in the Chihuahuan Desert. Not supposed to be very warm at night but days should be comfortable. I will try to get lots of pictures while gone.
Have much fun....
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #56870
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Gus, I am looking forward to Christmas with my brother in law doing all the work...haha. I can't wait to ride at Big Bend. Brad and I went in 2009 and I loved it.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #56871
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,789
mornin fellers

bye charlie have fun buddy...miss you already
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #56872
JaiDee
Petrolhead

Oddometer: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Sounds like a great trip Charlie! Hope you have a great time but...wouldn't you rather be heading north to Iowa for a visit?

-JD
- Robert Frost
"Charter Member of the T.O. Club" '08 WR250R, '05 F650GS Dakar
JaiDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #56873
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDee View Post
Sounds like a great trip Charlie! Hope you have a great time but...wouldn't you rather be heading north to Iowa for a visit?

-JD
Ummmm, not only no but HELL NO. The Iowans are headed to Texas for Christmas this year. Next year Iowa is on the rotation though...blech.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #56874
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkridergc View Post
Hi all and Merry Christmas!
Apostle2 and I tool a newbie rider out today and I rode sweep while recording with my Contour Roam. Great day for a ride but when I got home, I found that I had the Contour's lens rotated about 90 degrees off. I guess that's ok if you want to stand the computer monitor on it's side but I'd rather just rotate the vid like you can a picture in a photo viewing program. Problem is, Story Teller (Contour's video interface) doesn't seem to have that function. I'm hoping some of you other Contour users or otherwise video savy of the collective might be able to help a brother out. I did take a few still photos and will upload those over in the rides reports thread soon but I caught a couple of bike naps in the video (mine included) I'd be willing to post up if I couuld get these vids fixed.
Thanks and ride safe,
Gary
Little Feat, underappreciated in my view.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #56875
HUBBA BUBBA'S #1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
hey fellas its a great day to go for a ride ... if yall comin through or by elkins ... we got Ma's homemade spaghetti dinner for this sunday... if this dont cure cancer boy i dont know what will haha ... come in and see me fellas
HUBBA BUBBA'S #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #56876
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
In the 30+ years in this house, we have NEVER had Christmas Carolers until tonite..shame they couldn't carry a tune, but the fruit basket they left for my aunt was sure nice.
They carried some fruits that should make you happy!!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #56877
stuckin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Anyone doing any 90-100% dirt riding tomorrow? Need to get out before the chance of snow

stuck
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #56878
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin View Post
Anyone doing any 90-100% dirt riding tomorrow? Need to get out before the chance of snow

stuck
Hmmmm..I think I just got me a kitchen pass for tomorrow...be glad to take ya down to oark if you want..JD, wanna tag along??
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #56879
stuckin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Hmmmm..I think I just got me a kitchen pass for tomorrow...be glad to take ya down to oark if you want..JD, wanna tag along??
Where&when would you like to meet?

stuckin screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 04:09 PM
stuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #56880
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,700
Get some pie for me.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote