User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #646
badbs101
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Ice Air Arrives.

I ordered mine on 7/6/12 and it arrived today in the mail (5 1/2 months total wait time). Currently 10 degrees F outside with more Winter to come so I won't be able to test it for about 3 months. I knew it would be a while when I ordered so I am not bitching, rather letting everyone know how long it took to get mine.

badbs101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #647
caljw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbs101 View Post
I ordered mine on 7/6/12 and it arrived today in the mail (5 1/2 months total wait time). Currently 10 degrees F outside with more Winter to come so I won't be able to test it for about 3 months. I knew it would be a while when I ordered so I am not bitching, rather letting everyone know how long it took to get mine.

Need to move south
2005 DRZ400s
caljw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #648
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,410
Got mine as well. Might install it Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #649
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbs101 View Post

I'm sure you'll like it once you dig out into Spring. Either way yes, the wait on your batch will to be hard to beat! Not that I'm trying or anything.

Happy Holidays folks!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #650
torquerat
just getting started

Oddometer: 66
Poolside,

So less the fast approaching holidays, are your computer problems all taken care of and getting back on track and to a normal build schedule? 10 deg might be cold as Badbs101 said but 32 is game on
Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #651
GS Dave
Chicken Farmer

Oddometer: 2,891
i got a package from santa today

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? Gimli Lord of the Rings
GS Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #652
MrPickle
NP Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 601
Got my July order, installed it, and credit where credit's due: The bike runs smoother and more robust across the entire tach on the default jumper setting. The spare was a nice touch, thanks for the effort.

I only saw references to 'really hot' and 'really cold' regarding jumper settings. As these are relative, can you provide the air temperatures you believe should trigger jumper setting changes?

Thanks,
Ethan

MrPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #653
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,188
Well below freezing and in the desert, in summer, in the daytime.

But to be sure, try them and see for your self.

JJ
Old 12-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #654
SloDon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Ok. Been cipherin' for days.....read everything......placed my order!

The first post said 11 left.......maybe old news......don't care......I feel it will be worth the wait.

BTW....good luck on the job lead!

SloDon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Don't grow up.......it's a trap!!
SloDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #655
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPickle View Post

Got my Aug order, installed it, and credit where credit's due: The bike runs smoother and more robust across the entire tach on the default jumper setting. The spare was a nice touch, thanks for the effort.
You bet Ethan! I had a question though, what do you mean by "the spare"?

Edit: Ah! I see what you meant. I shipped your second order along with the first order. (And I owe you a shipping refund.)

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 09:26 PM
Old 12-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #656
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquerat View Post
Poolside,

So less the fast approaching holidays, are your computer problems all taken care of and getting back on track and to a normal build schedule? 10 deg might be cold as Badbs101 said but 32 is game on
Yes, I think so, and thanks for sticking it out with me. And yes I have to agree, 32deg is still rideable. According to Amazon S3, the data in my S3 account is backed up at many separate locations, that should be enough. (Note, Dropbox file sync service is an Amazon S3 reseller. They're doing ok for not having any servers of their own.)

Really though, the delays were simply because this IICE Air started out as a spare-time project. I mean, it's more than we ever though it would be, but the work I put in on it is still the same. For example, imagine finding 500+ spare hours over the course of a year. I mean, I got things to do. See a movie, work on my tan, you know.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #657
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Got my Aug order, installed it, and credit where credit's due: The bike runs smoother and more robust across the entire tach on the default jumper setting. The spare was a nice touch, thanks for the effort.

Thanks,
Ethan
Ah! I see what happened. I shipped your second order along with the first order. (And I owe you a shipping refund.)

Poolside screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 08:42 PM
Old 12-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #658
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Regarding the Jumper Settings

Quote:

I only saw references to 'really hot' and 'really cold' regarding jumper settings. As these are relative, can you provide the air temperatures you believe should trigger jumper setting changes?
Another relative way to say that is when it's nearly too hot or to cold to be out riding. I'm not trying to be obtuse, merely hoping to lower the perceived importance of the settings. The 'really hot' and really cold' settings do make a difference, try them and see. There is no risk in trying the different settings. No risk to the bike in any way. It might be that you like one setting over another.

As JJ says, many riders like to experiment with the different settings regardless of the outside temperature. According to their reports, a few riders prefer one setting over another even during pleasant temperatures, but almost everyone leaves the jumper at the -20C factory setting.

A more fundamental reason for the jumper settings is to maintain compatibility with the future IICE products.

-20C is the factory setting.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #659
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,410
Allow me to just say...... The iice air was completely worth the wait. I got mine installed today, and it's like I have a new bike. Smoother and better throttle response, no more surging forward, and the bike even seems to shift better..... What can I say..... Worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #660
sanapo
n00b

Oddometer: 8
just paid ....for the smal box !!!

hello I just read little bit of this (I read every page , but dont understand english that well , so ....) , and now i just order one ..... :-) , have a GS 1150 2000 model and think it will do some god on my bike also , but after what I can understand there is a list i have to put my name on , cant understand how to put my name ion it , and hope you also can send this "box" to norway also .... and if you can explain how to put my name on waiting list and about what time you think I can expeckt to have it , it ould be nice , thanx .....
sanapo is offline   Reply With Quote