ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #226
oldenuf
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Oddometer: 410
rack ?

I thought about replacing the rear seat with a flat piece attached to the seat hinges, as I don't ride two-up anymore. But then I would only want to use it a couple times a year so it is not big on my list.

Anyone else had thoughts about such a mod?

Art
oldenuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #227
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 6,323
Is that a tw200 tire on the front?
If so, that is a mistake.
Anything works better on the street or in the dirt than that tire.
Its rough and noisy on the street and has no grip in the dirt.
The nubs are not tall enough to give grip in the dirt, and they are spaced to make life unpleasant on the street.

I rate it as a 10-10-80 tire, 10% street, 10% dirt, 80% garbage.

The BIKE looks like fun though...




Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDABIKEPRO View Post
this is my nc700x that im building.

NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #228
Fidl2n
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 29
Cortez, I'm not a huge fan of the 700's rear either, but I know I'd be gacking it up with side cases so not that big a deal. Hacked my 599's cuz I didn't like the rear plastic, then had to do all kinds of backbend fans to get the bags' rack to work afterwards. They haven't left he bike since.


Blah, blah, blah, Tapatalk.
Fidl2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #229
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer
 
turbodieseli4i6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: SW Missouri USA
Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
Is that a tw200 tire on the front?
If so, that is a mistake.
Anything works better on the street or in the dirt than that tire.
Its rough and noisy on the street and has no grip in the dirt.
The nubs are not tall enough to give grip in the dirt, and they are spaced to make life unpleasant on the street.

I rate it as a 10-10-80 tire, 10% street, 10% dirt, 80% garbage.

The BIKE looks like fun though...
I think that is a TKC 80. The NC's front tire is a 120-70-17 and the TW200 front is a 130/80-18.
__________________
2012 NC700X
turbodieseli4i6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #230
Fidl2n
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 29
In case anyone's looking for a custom saddle, and is nearby or trip distance to Ojai, CA. I've had two of their seats and they are terrific and made to order. Nice twisty nearby to test, too. Here's one they did for the new NC700.
http://billmayer-saddles.com/BMS/honda/#!prettyPhoto


Blah, blah, blah, Tapatalk.
Fidl2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #231
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Akron, Ohio/ Naples Florida
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidl2n View Post
In case anyone's looking for a custom saddle, and is nearby or trip distance to Ojai, CA. I've had two of their seats and they are terrific and made to order. Nice twisty nearby to test, too. Here's one they did for the new NC700.
http://billmayer-saddles.com/BMS/honda/#!prettyPhoto


Blah, blah, blah, Tapatalk.
Here's another one he did for my bike.







__________________
Getting old is not for Sissy's!
Gene
'14 R1200GSW
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #232
netizen
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 1
Wingrack 2 on NC700x?

Anyone know if there is any possibility of mounting the Wingrack2 on this bike?

I've already got a Givi setup for my VFR with the Wingrack 2 and would love to just bolt it on when I get this bike in a few months.
netizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #233
Fidl2n
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 29
Nice seat, Geiger. Can I assume from the cushy looking pillion that you have a passenger at times?
Fidl2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #234
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Akron, Ohio/ Naples Florida
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidl2n View Post
Nice seat, Geiger. Can I assume from the cushy looking pillion that you have a passenger at times?
Yes, quite often.
__________________
Getting old is not for Sissy's!
Gene
'14 R1200GSW
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #235
rowdymoose
Carpe Diem-seize the carp
 
rowdymoose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Marina del Rey, CA
Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Here's another one he did for my bike.







Which setup is this? Looks really good! Also, did you go to the shop, or did you order online? Just curious how the results turn out if I couldn't make it up to his shop.
__________________
2012 Honda NC700X
rowdymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #236
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Akron, Ohio/ Naples Florida
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdymoose View Post
Which setup is this? Looks really good! Also, did you go to the shop, or did you order online? Just curious how the results turn out if I couldn't make it up to his shop.
It's a Bill Mayer Saddle Ojai CA. I did it on line. I made an appointment to send it to Rocky and had it back in about 10-12 days total.
__________________
Getting old is not for Sissy's!
Gene
'14 R1200GSW
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #237
rowdymoose
Carpe Diem-seize the carp
 
rowdymoose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Marina del Rey, CA
Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
It's a Bill Mayer Saddle Ojai CA. I did it on line. I made an appointment to send it to Rocky and had it back in about 10-12 days total.
Sorry...meant which option from their site did you go with?
__________________
2012 Honda NC700X
rowdymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #238
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Akron, Ohio/ Naples Florida
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdymoose View Post
Sorry...meant which option from their site did you go with?
ENDURA - Dual: Custom pilot seat and custom pillion seat
__________________
Getting old is not for Sissy's!
Gene
'14 R1200GSW
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #239
Sheikh Jones
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Fort Polk, Louisiana
Oddometer: 8
Givi Windscreen

All,

Thanks for the info on the Givi windscreen and the pics. I decided to go with the Givi for both the size and price. After riding the bike I am happy with the windscreen but wish it would deflect a little more air away from the hand grips. I will probably end up putting on a set of guards to help keep my hands from freezing. I know twisted throttle has some heated handgrips that my buddy uses in Alaska and he loves them. Anyhow thanks for the help and all of the discussion on this great bike!

Darrell
Sheikh Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #240
nc700x
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 32










Evolution of my nc700x,I will add skid plate and rear hugger also will change the rear suspension to ohlins when i go to germany in turkey its very expansive.
I enjoy my bike go to eveywhere in asia and europe.I will ride till its dead :) and will uy a crosstourer
nc700x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014