ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 183 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
Tons of good information to answer all these questions available from the Montana wiki, including how to USE the Montana while connected to your computer!

Are you absolutely certain you are inserting the li-ion battery in the Montana correctly?
Thanks for this. I have previously had a look at the Wiki, and I guess I should have mentioned that too. I guess I'm just thick, but I can't find the answers to the questions that I've asked, and that's why I thought I'd try the ever helpful ADV community.

As far as using the Montana when connected to the PC, the Wiki explains how to get it to remain in USB mode which seems to have been an issue for some, but not that it can be used normally when connected to a PC. I note that Yossarian states that it can't, which is consistent with the evidence I have.

As far as fitting the battery, I did it as per the manual. Lined up the connections, put that end in first and then press the other end down. Removal is the reverse, with the non pin end being the power switch end.

FWIW this is not my first GPS device, I've been using them since about 1987.

I have got it visible in BaseCamp, and updated the firmware OK. And I can see the maps in BaseCamp OK too. I've been able to upload a couple of routes, although not tracks for some reason, but I want to sort the battery out before I get too far into it.