Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
lucky6600 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
I have a straight /5 frame that is free for the taking should you want it. I can't offer the subframe to you, since I turned it into a paddock stand for my RD350. Let me know. I'm in Mid-coast Maine, don't know if you ever get up this way.

Thank you so much for the generous offer. In the past, I will just get into my car and drive to your location. However, I have to pace myself this time, and I really have to focus on this project first before putting myself even deeper.

Once again !! THANK YOU.

CT is also the state that they don't give out title for older cars/bikes so that makes life much easier sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bamboo View Post
Forget the hinges and make a lift off seat. To do this add another bolt to the seat pan and another hole opposite the existing lock pin. Makes it much easier to access the tool tray if you decide to go with panniers... See more here (note: he says this is for a /6 seat, but you can add a plate to the /5 subframe to make it work, or mount the bolt to the subframe and put a hole in your seat pan,,,) http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/seatmod/index.htm

That's an awesome idea ..... but only problem is I have the /5 SWB which has only a bar connecting the sub-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
$60 for a pair of Aluminum turn signals is a very good friend indeed. They go for much more than that.

You're doing a good job.

Since the original frame is trash. Take the data plate off the head stock before you throw it away. Souvenir.
Yes, I will say it's a fair deal considering someone painted it black and it took me about a hour to make it looks like aluminum again.

lucky6600 is offline   Reply With Quote