n00b

Oddometer: 3

Double post, sorry.
Bare-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #287
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Hi everybody. It's hard to believe it's already been more than two months since we returned from Germany. There isn't a day go by that we don't think or talk about Germany as a family....such an awesome experience for everyone on so many levels.

A few weeks ago we were contacted by a freelance reporter who heard about Josh's story and had seen and read the online blog and thought it was a great story compared to many of the other more traditional mainstream high school sports. The story ran in our local newspaper today (www.standard.net).

Link is here if you're interested:
http://www.standard.net/stories/2012...onal-moto-race
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #288
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
Great article. Thanks and congrats again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Hi everybody. It's hard to believe it's already been more than two months since we returned from Germany. There isn't a day go by that we don't think or talk about Germany as a family....such an awesome experience for everyone on so many levels.

A few weeks ago we were contacted by a freelance reporter who heard about Josh's story and had seen and read the online blog and thought it was a great story compared to many of the other more traditional mainstream high school sports. The story ran in our local newspaper today (www.standard.net).

Link is here if you're interested:
http://www.standard.net/stories/2012...onal-moto-race
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #289
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 2,007
Great Article!

So Sardinia is a GO!? Before I left Germany Chris and I were scamming a 2013 ISDE Camp and Adventure, he is 90% I'm 65% though there's no doubt I'll do what I can to assist you guys in some humble way!

All the best to the Knights!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #290
spdjnky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Josh got some ink in the January 2013 issue of Dirt Bike magazine. Page 78. Pretty cool!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #291
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdjnky View Post
Josh got some ink in the January 2013 issue of Dirt Bike magazine. Page 78. Pretty cool!
I was given a heads up about that last week so when out and bought the magazine (have since subscribed). Ironically it was one of the few mags I didn't subscribe to. RacerX has a great article in this months issue as well, written by Sarah Whitmore and her observations as a first time ISDE participant.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #292
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,806
Did I just see a top 10 overall at a national hare and hound for our protagonist!

Awesome stuff!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #293
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Did I just see a top 10 overall at a national hare and hound for our protagonist!

Awesome stuff!
You're very observant Ned. Josh was the benefactor of a great start and a dusty race that kept some of the top dogs at bay for a while. Mark Kariya took some great photos and has a good write-up in Cycle News:

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/119121/82

Here's a little video of the start that he put together along with his friend Skyler Howes who led the race for the first 35 miles. Two KTM 2-strokes were in the top 3 for the first 30+ miles of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBI7XIGIXU

And another video showing the start and the terrain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpUrkr7XIQ

mknight screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 08:09 AM
mknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #294
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,109
Sounds like Josh may have done even a little better if not dealing with the fuel issue. Big congrats!!!
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #295
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 2,007
Great Stuff! And Way to Go Josh!!!

Are you planning the "Josh to Sardinia" thread yet????
Old 06-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #296
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Everyone. Well.....here we go again. Based on Josh's qualifier scores two weekends ago in Idaho City, he has received an invitation to participate in Italy this Fall as a member of the U.S. Team.

We had such a great experience last year and enjoyed sharing our photos and experience with the advrider world, that we would like to do the same again this year.

However, one of the things I'm trying to do this year is get media accreditation (media pass). I've been in contact with someone from the Press department in charge and I have a form that I need to complete and it requires a "letter from the chief editor".

Does anyone know how or who I might speak to here on behalf of advrider to obtain such credentials?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #297
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 644
First off, congratulations once again.

Regarding press credentials, have you thought about writing an article for Trials & Enduro News (www.tandenews.com)? If you give them a ring they may be able to help you with the press creds. Just a thought.

- Ken

Quote:
Hi Everyone. Well.....here we go again. Based on Josh's qualifier scores two weekends ago in Idaho City, he has received an invitation to participate in Italy this Fall as a member of the U.S. Team.

We had such a great experience last year and enjoyed sharing our photos and experience with the advrider world, that we would like to do the same again this year.

However, one of the things I'm trying to do this year is get media accreditation (media pass). I've been in contact with someone from the Press department in charge and I have a form that I need to complete and it requires a "letter from the chief editor".

Does anyone know how or who I might speak to here on behalf of advrider to obtain such credentials?
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #298
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,098
Quote:

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #299
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,109
Quote:

Not sure about ADV credentials, but you might contact Scotty Breauxman ( https://www.facebook.com/BreauxmanLIVE ) or Chilly White ( chilly@enduro360.com )about credentials. Either one might be interested in first hand reports from the ISDE.
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #300
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,806
Quote:
I have a form that I need to complete and it requires a "letter from the chief editor".

Please feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to write such a letter as a trustee and moderator, I'd also be happy to get you in touch with a few industry folks who could write that letter if adv isn't legit as a media organization.

I'm their leader, which way did they go?

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote