Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
FtheRedSticker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
I'm all in!

Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been looking at your great forum for months now, and I have finally become an owner of one of these great machines.

I finally sold my Harley. It was fun for a while but never again. Maybe it just wasn't for me. I have been riding dirt bikes for over 30 years (thanks dad), and I am not very old. The adventure is for me. I bought an 05 Adventure 950 and I am in love. It just turned 19k miles. It's got dual FMF exhaust, Ktm racks, crash bars, heated grips, and new tires. The previous owner had good documentation. The water pump was done at 15k miles.

The only previous dualsport owned was an XR400 that was plated. But that thing did not feel safe above 60mph. This ninefitty is comfortable at 95, and that was a windy and cold day. I am still interested in rice rockets, but, I can't control my right wrist, so this bike is perfect for me!

Nothing big planned for it in the near future, just an oil and filter change, rear brake pads, and to ride it like I stole it! I am certified in Tig welding so maybe some panniers and a top case out of aluminum, but no rush.

This is a very useful forum. Thank you. I wanted to share some photos but i guess its not so simple. I'll look into that process. using an i-pad, any suggestions? Happy new year!
FtheRedSticker is offline   Reply With Quote