User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
RhinoVonHawkrider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,283
Rugby

I saw the 6 nations thread & figured one good ole Rugby thread should take us to the next RWC (use ur Buzzlight Year voice) and Beyond!

I used to play (wasn't a very good prop) for NYAC.

I've been to RWC in '07 (saw a very good quarters match between Eng & Oz - George Gregan's last international)

6 Nations in '02 - Jonny Wilkinson's masterpiece against Ireland. And '04 Irelands revenge

And looking forward to 2013 6 Nations (watching the better matches in NYC pubs)

And next trip to England for RWC in '15. My buddy lives outside of London, so he better get some tix for the class.

Happy New Year to all

Lastly, my mate was at Twickenham for England v. NZ match and the Brits singing Sweet Chariot during the Haka is disrespectful. My buddy was shocked by the behavior. But I think the Brits aren't the first ones to act this way, if I recall the French started this some years back. Either way in poor taste.
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM

RhinoVonHawkrider screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 07:01 AM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoVonHawkrider View Post
... the Brits singing Sweet Chariot during the Haka is disrespectful. My buddy was shocked by the behavior. But I think the Brits aren't the first ones to act this way, if I recall the French started this some years back. Either way in poor taste.
Poor use of the term "Brits" but you're forgiven for being a dumb Yank although fuck the Haka anyway. Disrespect is making noise when the kicker is placing his kick, not singing a song during an outdated farce. Disrespect is Graham Henry's comments after the Umaga/Mealamu v O'Driscoll tag fight. Get real.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
neanderthal
globeriding wannabe

Oddometer: 1,827
Or, as one of my friends put it, "why do we have to stand there while they do their little dance?"

Let them do their thing, but to expect the other team/ supporters to just stand there while they do so is farcical.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
George Papadopolis
between

Oddometer: 8,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Poor use of the term "Brits" but you're forgiven for being a dumb Yank although fuck the Haka anyway. Disrespect is making noise when the kicker is placing his kick, not singing a song during an outdated farce. Disrespect is Graham Henry's comments after the Umaga/Mealamu v O'Driscoll tag fight. Get real.
I agree on all points except for being noisless for the kicker. Some traditions about what is apropriate during kicks differs by country. See the classles asshole using a green laser pointer in Argentina during the Rugby Championship (prev. Tri Nations)?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
Wildman
In my castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharino View Post
I agree on all points except for being noisless for the kicker. Some traditions about what is apropriate during kicks differs by country. See the classles asshole using a green laser pointer in Argentina during the Rugby Championship (prev. Tri Nations)?
Yeah, they boo and whistle in France and have a good laugh about it. Culturally specific I guess.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Old 12-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #6
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,639
I have to agree. While I enjoy watching the Haka, it should not be presumed that the opposing team does or should. It is rugby, mock them, get in their heads early on. For the rest of you, there is that roundball, barf, game; where you squirm on the ground like you are mortally wounded, then when you feel you are properly rested, you can get up and run faster than you had been. It's Rugby, donate and move on.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
RhinoVonHawkrider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Poor use of the term "Brits" but you're forgiven for being a dumb Yank

Hmmm last I checked its the United Kingdom - and British is the common name for dem folk. Why don't they
give Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland back to their own people, then I'll say English, when referring the folks in the stands @ Twickenham

My dumb Yank uncle was traveling and struck up a conversation w/ someone from Northern Ireland who stated that he was not Irish, since he carried a UK/British passport.

Can't we all just get along

26 + 6 =1
Erin Go Bragh

Now back to Rugby....
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
Old 12-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
George Papadopolis
between

Quote:
Hmmm last I checked its the United Kingdom - and British is the common name for dem folk. Why don't they
give Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland back to their own people, then I'll say English, when referring the folks in the stands @ Twickenham

My dumb Yank uncle was traveling and struck up a conversation w/ someone from Northern Ireland who stated that he was not Irish, since he carried a UK/British passport.

26 + 6 =1
Erin Go Bragh

Now back to Rugby....
We can all get along but you would be more correct and garner better feelings from the English posters if you realized England fans sing sweet low sweet chariot and the brittish only play/tour as a unit every four years.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Wildman
In my castle

Quote:
give Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland back to their own people, then I'll say English, when referring the folks in the stands @ Twickenham.......
I doubt there were many Jocks, Taffs or Paddies at Twickenham. Never mind, was only pulling your leg.

On to rugby, Wasps (my old team, back in the amateur days) got their first away win since October 2011 today and have gone fifth in the English Premiership!

Great to see them coming back to some sort of form and with such a young and promising team.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 4,872
Rhino, we've probably met. I coach for Johns Hopkins, and play for BCRFC Old Boys.
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Rhino, we've probably met. I coach for Johns Hopkins, and play for BCRFC Old Boys.
Johns Hopkins plays lacrosse. Don't be silly.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
RhinoVonHawkrider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Hmm not sure - Did U ever play 7s Summer tourney, hosted by Philly Whitemarsh down Jersey Shore?

Anyway, JH does play Lax & Rugby

And Baltimore is a cool city & Chaps Pit Beef
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,807
Quote:

26 + 6 =1
Erin Go Bragh

Now back to Rugby....
Oh please, take your political bullshit elsewhere.

As for the Haka - fuck the Haka, why should the All Blacks get away with trying to intimidate the opposition every fucking game.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #14
George Papadopolis
between

For any RaboDirect/ Heineken Cup and top 14 fans...I found two youtube channels that have games up a day after they are played. One is Jammy Twang and the other is Lelostream.
Im pretty stocked on this because I was paying 160 a year for foxsoccer2go
Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #15
George Papadopolis
between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Oh please, take your political bullshit elsewhere.

As for the Haka - fuck the Haka, why should the All Blacks get away with trying to intimidate the opposition every fucking game.
Haka didnt work against the ENGLISH last time ! Best international in a long time IMHO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: