Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #106
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Hmm, if I want voice prompts from GPS which would I use? I BT iPhone to SMH10 for music/phone. Thanks
Generally speaking, you'll want the SR10 with your SMH10. Now, depending on what GPS you have & if you have the firmware upgradable SMH10, you might not need the SR10? Do you have the upgradeable version of the SMH10 running at least v4.0 and does your GPS have BT? That setup gives you an extra HFP BT profile to connect to a GPS. Although there is a caveat. If you have the Zumo 660, its been addressed many times on this forum that it doesn't like to be mult-point paried and wants to hog both the HFP & A2DP profile. This doesn't work with the iPhone as its greedy too and wants both the HFP & A2DP profile and since there is only one A2DP profile, they fight over it and constantly disconnect.

The Zumo 550 would work fine in this setup if you had it and I'm sure other GPS's with an HFP only profile would too.

Now if your GPS doesn't have BT, then you would need the SR10 so you could do an audio cable from the GPS to the SR10 and have the SR10 multi-point paired to your SMH10. Your iPhone would stay paired to the SMH10 via the HFP/A2DP profile to provide you with music and phone capabilities.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #107
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Now if your GPS doesn't have BT, then you would need the SR10 so you could do an audio cable from the GPS to the SR10 and have the SR10 multi-point paired to your SMH10. Your iPhone would stay paired to the SMH10 via the HFP/A2DP profile to provide you with music and phone capabilities.
Thanks. The only thing missing from my Montana is BT.

Oh, could I add a radar detector to this in the future?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #108
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Thanks. The only thing missing from my Montana is BT.

Oh, could I add a radar detector to this in the future?
I have the SR10, I have my Montana wired to the SR10 (1/8" mp3 player type jack) from the Montana rugged mount.
The SR10 has 1 additional 1/8" jack that you can feed a 2nd source into (like your radar detector).

Now the SR10 bluetooth to SRM10 is the same protocol as the phone uses. It is only Mono, lower quality audio.
I would not want to hook say an MP3 player, or Sat radio up to SR10, it is not "high fidelity". That is what the SM10 is for.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #109
spuh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
SR10 - ?cable? - VX7-R

Am looking for the right cable to connect Yaesu VX7-R to Sena SR10. I bought the one suggested by Sena, had to grind off plastic on cable end to fit into Yaesu and PTT doesn't wiork. I recall a different cable was available; sorry, I don't recall the number. If anyone out there knows or has a better idea, I'm all ears. Thanks.
spuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #110
peterang
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuh View Post
Am looking for the right cable to connect Yaesu VX7-R to Sena SR10. I bought the one suggested by Sena, had to grind off plastic on cable end to fit into Yaesu and PTT doesn't wiork. I recall a different cable was available; sorry, I don't recall the number. If anyone out there knows or has a better idea, I'm all ears. Thanks.
Hi, I have the exact same setup as yours and I have the exact same problems too.

I contacted Sena who suggested I hard reset the SR10 but its still the same. I can receive the Yaesu's output but I just cant use PTT. When I press the PTT on either the onboard switch or the remote switch (tried attached and removed) and all dont work.

If it were to work, the Yaesu should have the red transmit light turned on when transmitting. I wish sena would make a cable compatible with the VX7-R since its a waterproof model (which is why the standard cable dont work).

I guess our last alternative is to acquire a custom plug and rewire the cable to it.

Do let me know if you found a solution. I'd do likewise.

Cheers!
peterang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #111
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

I have the VX-5 so the standard Yaesu plug they make works for me, but I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I have another set of Marine/GMRS radio's that do have a very similar waterproof plug like the VX-7, but its 2.5mm and its tough to find anything to fit.

So what about a plug like this that has the correct VX-7 waterproof connector on one end and then the standard 3.5m 4 prong plug on the other end which is basically what the VX-5 plug is. - Ebay Link

There's a couple different ones out there too. - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #112
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

I use a Yaesu CT-44 adapter that allows the 2 jack connector to work with my VX5R. I bought it because all my older lapel mics have that 2 jack connector.

Then I bought the Sena cable with the 2 jack end.

for the VX7r, check out the yeasu CT-91,
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #113
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
I use a Yaesu CT-44 adapter that allows the 2 jack connector to work with my VX5R. I bought it because all my older lapel mics have that 2 jack connector.

Then I bought the Sena cable with the 2 jack end.

for the VX7r, check out the yeasu CT-91,
I thought of that last night also. I have the CT-44 for my VX-5 and didn't realize they had the CT-91, but that would work, but obviously require both of them to buy a new cable too, but it certainly is an option.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #114
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Quote:
I thought of that last night also. I have the CT-44 for my VX-5 and didn't realize they had the CT-91, but that would work, but obviously require both of them to buy a new cable too, but it certainly is an option.

I went with the CT-44 because last year sena did not have the correct end for the FX5R, plus the CT-44 female end is the same as my FRS radios so the Sena cable I did buy works on both.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #115
peterang
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterang View Post
Hi, I have the exact same setup as yours and I have the exact same problems too.

I contacted Sena who suggested I hard reset the SR10 but its still the same. I can receive the Yaesu's output but I just cant use PTT. When I press the PTT on either the onboard switch or the remote switch (tried attached and removed) and all dont work.

If it were to work, the Yaesu should have the red transmit light turned on when transmitting. I wish sena would make a cable compatible with the VX7-R since its a waterproof model (which is why the standard cable dont work).

I guess our last alternative is to acquire a custom plug and rewire the cable to it.

Do let me know if you found a solution. I'd do likewise.

Cheers!

I fixed my problem!

The factory reset method as recommended by Sena's support team did work. I just didn't complete the pairing and proceed with the testing which failed.

So, after a hard reset, pair it with your SMH10 (Multipoint) then test it out. Worked for me!

Here are the instructions from Sena support:
6.6 Reset to Factory Default Settings
1. To restore the SR10 to factory default settings, press and hold
the Pairing Button for 12 seconds until the LED shows solid
red.
2. Within 5 seconds, press the Pairing Button again to confirm
reset. The SR10 will be restored to factory settings and
switched off automatically after the blue LED flashes several
times.
3. If you don't press the Pairing Button within 5 seconds, the reset
attempt is canceled and the SR10 returns to standby mode.
6.7 Fault Reset
If the SR10 is not working properly or is in a faulty status for any
reason, you may reset by pushing the small reset button at the
top of the SR10 main unit. By using a paper clip or a pencil tip,
lightly press and hold the reset button for 1 second. The SR10 will
be switched off. Turn the SR10 back on to use it. However, this will
not restore the SR10 to factory default settings.

After the factory reset, remember to pair to your headset (SMH10) to your SR10 in Multipoint mode.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to the rest of the bros who contributed suggestions.
peterang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #116
bogey78
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Bluetooth pairing still seems like witchcraft to me. I need some help with my Sena setup. I have a Droidx and a midland 75-822 CB. I also have the SMH10 (usb version) and the SR10.

I use my cellphone on the handlebars for phone calls (seldom), streaming tune-in radio, and gps on occasion. Sometimes I ride with some Goldwingers or Harley guys with CBs and hope to use the SR10 and Midland cable to integrate that into my SMH10.

Do I pair the phone with the SR10 or the SMH10? And then hardwire the CB to the SR10? The manuals are pretty good at telling about pairing except when you have multiple sources. Can anyone tell me how to connect both the droid x and the midland CB to the SR10 and SMH10 correctly?

UPDATE: According to Sena website, I should pair the phone to the SR10 via bluetooth and hardwire the Midland to the SR10. Then I should pair the SR10 to the SMH10. Does that sound right?
IBA#33560

bogey78 screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 02:13 PM
bogey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #117
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey78 View Post
Bluetooth pairing still seems like witchcraft to me. I need some help with my Sena setup. I have a Droidx and a midland 75-822 CB. I also have the SMH10 (usb version) and the SR10.

I use my cellphone on the handlebars for phone calls (seldom), streaming tune-in radio, and gps on occasion. Sometimes I ride with some Goldwingers or Harley guys with CBs and hope to use the SR10 and Midland cable to integrate that into my SMH10.

Do I pair the phone with the SR10 or the SMH10? And then hardwire the CB to the SR10? The manuals are pretty good at telling about pairing except when you have multiple sources. Can anyone tell me how to connect both the droid x and the midland CB to the SR10 and SMH10 correctly?

UPDATE: According to Sena website, I should pair the phone to the SR10 via bluetooth and hardwire the Midland to the SR10. Then I should pair the SR10 to the SMH10. Does that sound right?
things with sMH10 changed a couple months ago. Now you can pair your Phone for phone calls, and music to the SMH10, AND pair your SR10 to the SMH10. Then sena should sell a cable that goes between your SR10 and your CB. they were talking about making a universal cable so you could wire it up to any transmitter.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #118
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
things with sMH10 changed a couple months ago. Now you can pair your Phone for phone calls, and music to the SMH10, AND pair your SR10 to the SMH10. Then sena should sell a cable that goes between your SR10 and your CB. they were talking about making a universal cable so you could wire it up to any transmitter.
+1 to what TowPro said.

If your SMH10 is updated to v4.0 or later, you have have 3 BT pairings available. Basically the main pairing which is both HFP & A2DP which is generally how any smart cell phone pairs to your SMH10 and probably how its paired now since you have and Android. The 3rd pairing is called a "multi-point" pairing and allows a 2nd HFP connection. In this case, that will be how you pair the SR10 to the SMH10 and not disconnect your phone. If you read the V4.0 SMH10 manual, you'll see the "multi-point" pairing is done a bit different from the phone pairing.

So once that is complete, hook your CB to your SR10 (via a cable) and you'll have full access to your CB via the SMH10/SR10 and you'll still have phone, music, & GPS through your phone as you do now.

Make sure you read the SR10 manual, as there are a few tricks. For example you can set the "standby" time on the SR10 that it leaves the audio channel open from the CB. You can also double tap the PTT button to manually leave the SR10 audio open. When audio comes in from the SR10, your music will be paused, however if you are in an intercom conversation or phone conversation, the audio from the SR10 is mixed in.

You are correct there is a 2nd BT pairing on the SR10 available and you can actually use that for another cell phone. I do that sometimes with my work cell phone. There's also 2 "audio in" ports on the SR10 also for other devices like an actual GPS, radar detector, hard wired phone, etc.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #119
bogey78
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
+1 to what TowPro said.

If your SMH10 is updated to v4.0 or later, you have have 3 BT pairings available. Basically the main pairing which is both HFP & A2DP which is generally how any smart cell phone pairs to your SMH10 and probably how its paired now since you have and Android. The 3rd pairing is called a "multi-point" pairing and allows a 2nd HFP connection. In this case, that will be how you pair the SR10 to the SMH10 and not disconnect your phone. If you read the V4.0 SMH10 manual, you'll see the "multi-point" pairing is done a bit different from the phone pairing.

So once that is complete, hook your CB to your SR10 (via a cable) and you'll have full access to your CB via the SMH10/SR10 and you'll still have phone, music, & GPS through your phone as you do now.

Make sure you read the SR10 manual, as there are a few tricks. For example you can set the "standby" time on the SR10 that it leaves the audio channel open from the CB. You can also double tap the PTT button to manually leave the SR10 audio open. When audio comes in from the SR10, your music will be paused, however if you are in an intercom conversation or phone conversation, the audio from the SR10 is mixed in.

You are correct there is a 2nd BT pairing on the SR10 available and you can actually use that for another cell phone. I do that sometimes with my work cell phone. There's also 2 "audio in" ports on the SR10 also for other devices like an actual GPS, radar detector, hard wired phone, etc.
Thanks so much for the help. I read thru the manual (duh, probably should have done that first) and found the bit about multipoint pairing. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it. BTW, I just registered my SMH10 and updated to Firmware Ver. 4.1, I already had 4.0 so the multipoint pairing was already available, I just didn't read enough to find it in the manual.
IBA#33560
bogey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #120
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Quote:
Thanks so much for the help. I read thru the manual (duh, probably should have done that first) and found the bit about multipoint pairing. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it. BTW, I just registered my SMH10 and updated to Firmware Ver. 4.1, I already had 4.0 so the multipoint pairing was already available, I just didn't read enough to find it in the manual.
That multi pairing was the best thing Sena did to the SMH10. before it, I used to have selectively pair my crackberry with the SR10 for phone, then pair it with the SMH10 for stereo, then pair the SR10 to the SMH10. And every time I shut off the bike It took 20 minutes to get everything working again.

Now with dual pairing, you pair the phone with the SHM10 it just works every time.
Plus on short rides when you don't have the SR10 your phone still works :).