User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
Build name decided.

Many know while recovering I am doing alot of planning and will start a build, as soon as I am cleared to tinker by my doctor.
This gives me a month or so more for parts ordering and planning and then 4-5 months of build time...then hopefull start some easy riding, good test time of my build before some big ride once fully cleared.

While planning I decided a build like this needs a NAME...a THEME of sorts. I mean here on ADV we have the KLRsys, V649HP, KLRE650, Frankenstein, Frankenbike, Frankenbeemer, Terra Ambulator, Miss Piggy....on and on the cool names go.

So my build shall have a name...I am thinking R1100GS"B" ....hmmmm, why "B" you ask?
Well a few reasons make sense to me...

1} If a gs"A" is one stepp more offroadable than a regular GS {I know debateable, but they do have larger tank, longer suspension travel and more crash protection= more offroadable} the a GS"B" MUST be at least 1 more step off-road....right?

2} It will be a "B"east.

3} I am a Bible student and in Bible Symbollism and beasts the Bull stands for Strength, Power, and Ferocity and is a symbol of sacrifice. I am sacrificing a decent R1100RT to build this, it WILL be Ferocious, strong and Powerful

4} In German the wword for Bull is Bulle...say that in english and you can get a bully, which I know it will be a Bully to ride...

5} "B" is part of the term "BS" which I am sure I will go through alot of to get this bike done....

I think we have a winner R1100GS-B
Old 12-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,250
I don't know. I want to "feel it", but it sounds like too much explanation is needed to get the point across. You may end up having to carry business cards with all of those explanations to hand out to people who ask.

I think the best nick names need no explanation. What about just removing all the R1100GS badges, and painting a cool bull graphic on the tank?

or my favorite:

High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict

All of the "reasons" were a bit of a joke...I am bored.
I do not like Red Bull....or the color red too much, so those are out.
How bout this one....It is much more "ME"

So am I to guess by your user name that you are a "Pharmacist" helping people with their "Glaucoma perscription"
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymac530 View Post

So am I to guess by your user name that you are a "Pharmacist" helping people with their "Glaucoma perscription"
Haha, not exactly. I'm the fourth Herbert (family curse), and I live in the hills. I am quite popular at Greatful Dead concerts, though.

I did see some other bull designs in the Google image search. Maybe just the words The Bull in a 60's font or something. It sounds like my design tastes are different than yours, though, so maybe I'm not the one to ask.

I hope your recovery is quick, so you can begin building this beast of burden. It sounds like a cool build.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
Unstable Rider
Beans n brats

Oddometer: 2,304
How about "Genesis"

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning."

Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 585

:
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
kellymac530 OP
motorcycle addict

Ken P,
Now THAT fits me and my build....
Very nice pull.

Unstable,
Genisis has been used....and I am NO God. What I am planning may not even end up "good". Some have suggested that even the IDEA is not good.

Simply "The Bull" is really good. I like that.

It was suggested on another site that I have actually lost my mind....I made it clear that that had happened long ago and that my medication is helping....but barely
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 585
Wait a minute - I thought insanity was requisite here. I may be in the wrong asylum!

Yeah, go for it. Good luck with the build. Can't wait to see your progress.

I was never much for naming bikes but felt pressure to tag my current steed. I wanted a 1050 Tiger but couldn't afford one. The 919 had similar manners for half the $$. I originally called it the Transalp project but that didn't really fit. So I affectionately call her The Tigress. When I twist her throttle though, I just smile and call her Skippy.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote