Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #31
ncpierce
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpierce
Boots now 26months old and have still not leaked over two winters. They get an occasional clean with Nikwax cleaner and an application of Aquawax still look reasonable as well.
OK 37months from purchase and a soaking wet 250mile ride home in torrential rain led to my left boot starting to leak. I think it is probably to do with where the top of the boot has worn from using the gear shifter as the right boot remained dry.

Obviously now out of warranty so have been shopping for some new boots today.

Tried on various candidates including:-
Alpinestar Scout Boots
Hein Gericke version of TCX Infinity
Sidi Gore-Tex B2
Alpinestar Durban Gore-Tex
Dainese Virunga D-Dry

I really liked the Alpinestar Durban but they are £130 ($212) more than the £165 ($270) Dainese so I bought the same boots again. The old ones have now been retired to light/dry duties and were quite good value. Lets hope the new ones are as good as the old ones were
ncpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #32
ÖÖ.
Ajaa kuin mummo

Oddometer: 267
Does anyone have any experience on Dainese Visoke boots? I think they are the new virunga.

I tried Alpinestars Durban, TCX Infinity, Sidi Adventure and all of them are too narrow in the toe section. These seem to be the only one that fit propely.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #33
maximuski
Don't Follow Me I'm Lost2

Oddometer: 86
Cool2 Try these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÖÖ. View Post
Does anyone have any experience on Dainese Visoke boots? I think they are the new virunga.

I tried Alpinestars Durban, TCX Infinity, Sidi Adventure and all of them are too narrow in the toe section. These seem to be the only one that fit propely.
Too narrow at toes?? Rev'it Apache are the boots you're looking for! They're pricey but worth every penny
maximuski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #34
ncpierce
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpierce View Post
OK 37months from purchase and a soaking wet 250mile ride home in torrential rain led to my left boot starting to leak. I think it is probably to do with where the top of the boot has worn from using the gear shifter as the right boot remained dry.
Well 39months from my last post in this thread the new replacement pair that I bought have now started to both leak. Water has definitely not got in from the top but has found its way in somewhere from around the foot...so what do I replace them with...

TIA

Nigel
ncpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
'Flagger OP
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpierce View Post
Well 39months from my last post in this thread the new replacement pair that I bought have now started to both leak. Water has definitely not got in from the top but has found its way in somewhere from around the foot...so what do I replace them with...

TIA

Nigel
Alpinestar Scouts. 2 years, much abuse, no leaks

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #36
maximuski
Don't Follow Me I'm Lost2

Oddometer: 86
I'm happy with my Dainese visoke. Very light weight. But the best waterproof boots I've ever had are my rev'it Apache. I fell crossing a little river in my Africa Twin. Two friends came to help me to lift the bike. They had cold feet for hours but mine were completely dry. It was unbelievable

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
maximuski is online now   Reply With Quote