Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
MortenSchroll OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
'86 Honda Xl250 Carburator remove

Guys, I'm trying to remove the (dual) carburator from my dirtbike. In order to do so, my clymer manual (p. 246) tells me to remove the bolts securing the the intake tube and insulator to the cylinder head. I am then supposed to be able to remove the intake tube and insulator from the engine and carburator assembly. Clymer here makes a note, that there is one bolt on the bottom in the center of the intake tubes, that is very difficult to remove.

Clymer is right. I can't remove it and although I can barely and with great difficulty get to the bolt, it is too tight to remove. It's stuck. I have applied boltloosening oil, but since the bolt is old, it seems that the Allen key (hex key/wrench) is just turning around in the allenscrew, thus destroying it more and more on the inside (and maybe even is destroyed totally by now). I can't seem to be able to get to it with another tool (pliers etc.).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I've googled and youtubed it, but alas without help.

Thanx a bunch and merry christmas and a happy new year.

Morten.
MortenSchroll is offline   Reply With Quote