ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #19171
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Here's mine:

RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #19172
Big-K
Motorhead

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
I was totally thinking doctor Theopolis when I saw it too.

Beede beede beede
Big-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #19173
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,761
I'm headed to st george this coming weekend if anyone wants to go for a ride.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #19174
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I'm headed to st george this coming weekend if anyone wants to go for a ride.
I'll probably miss you. hanging there Thursday night. On to Death Valley
from there.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #19175
taco7
n00b

Oddometer: 9
GS in the SNOW today

I saw someone on a nice GS riding on the roads in Layton this evening in the full on snow storm! Very hard core, I'm impressed.

Hit me up if it was you. I just moved back to Layton from Cali but have yet to get my GS up here. It likes the warm weather.

B
taco7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #19176
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,709
Not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco7 View Post
I saw someone on a nice GS riding on the roads in Layton this evening in the full on snow storm! Very hard core, I'm impressed.

Hit me up if it was you. I just moved back to Layton from Cali but have yet to get my GS up here. It likes the warm weather.

B
... but I was out on the wee-strom, but it's a short commute, and not in Layton... the roads usually don't ice up if its snowing, so corner carefully and don't tail gate!

dirt bike valves done and jd kit in tonight. I need a bolt then i'll fire it up tomorrow. spark plug suggested uber lean, so hopefully riching it a bit will be the bees knees. Not much experience w/ carbs, so this is kinda fun.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #19177
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,290
Bought a 2 stroke last week kind of on a whim. I like it but not sure it makes the most sense particularly when the 450 can do most of what the 2 stroke can fairly easily.. So seeing if I can sell it, runs great for anyone interested.. Guy selling it to me was so confident he even gave me a 6 month warranty...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...533075&cat=236

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #19178
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Bought a 2 stroke last week kind of on a whim. I like it but not sure it makes the most sense particularly when the 450 can do most of what the 2 stroke can fairly easily.. So seeing if I can sell it, runs great for anyone interested.. Guy selling it to me was so confident he even gave me a 6 month warranty...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...533075&cat=236
Wasn't he selling it for $2500?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #19179
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

I can't remember but I think it was $2800. After that I bought the kick stand, wired up lighting, cleaned it up a little with used but decent plastics off the 450 and I also bought it in Wyoming. Front forks were also revalved with fresh oil other than 40 miles on it last week. As a result, I'm OK getting what I have into it but thought I would try a little higher for now and am in no hurry... In my book I think its worth it versus the others for sale out there right now, but maybe I have that wrong. I guess we'll see and frankly I'm also OK maybe just keeping it too...

dieselcruiserhead screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 10:11 AM
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #19180
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,809
Southern snow report:

Road trip results are solid snow from SLC to the four corners area. Farmington, NM is a low spot without full snow cover but once you gain elevation again, snow cover all the way to Cuba, NM. Some of the prairie is windblown snow but most of it is deep, axle deep. Passes like Soldier Summit are packed snow with snowplows unable to keep up, same conditions around Monticello. Lotsa water out there in the open spaces, just looking for the melt.

This will line up to be an interesting spring in the rockies.......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #19181
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I can't remember but I think it was $2800. After that I bought the kick stand, wired up lighting, cleaned it up a little with used but decent plastics off the 450 and I also bought it in Wyoming. Front forks were also revalved with fresh oil other than 40 miles on it last week. As a result, I'm OK getting what I have into it but thought I would try a little higher for now and am in no hurry... In my book I think its worth it versus the others for sale out there right now, but maybe I have that wrong. I guess we'll see and frankly I'm also OK maybe just keeping it too...
It is the same one. Its worth $2800. Was just asking because he was going to trade for my 03 525exc if no one bought it but obviously someone bought it.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #19182
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Cool. Let me know if you want to take it for a spin any time even or even just borrow it... I feel like it rips, I have a little time on a KTM 300 and an old 380. The 380 was crazy powerful but I feel like the sellers claims about it being more powerful than the 300s seem to fit the bill. I've been such a 4 stroke guy it seems a little odd to me still...

Old 12-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #19183
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Cool. Let me know if you want to take it for a spin any time even or even just borrow it... I feel like it rips, I have a little time on a KTM 300 and an old 380. The 380 was crazy powerful but I feel like the sellers claims about it being more powerful than the 300s seem to fit the bill. I've been such a 4 stroke guy it seems a little odd to me still...

It took me months to get used to my 2-smoker, but now I love it. Super light and nearly maintenance free.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #19184
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
I leave Monday for a ski trip in SL,UT. It would be fun to have a ski day with you bitches. I could also use a line on a good wax-job for my skis (cue Pluric), and I am in dire need of a ski jacket and pants of anyone is a distributor of anything. I think we will be skiing Solitude mostly.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #19185
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
I leave Monday for a ski trip in SL,UT. It would be fun to have a ski day with you bitches. I could also use a line on a good wax-job for my skis (cue Pluric), and I am in dire need of a ski jacket and pants of anyone is a distributor of anything. I think we will be skiing Solitude mostly.
How about a day at the 'bird or Aaaaaalta.....

BTW, you are awfully kind to your skis.....http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=wax%20job....while we await the pluric's return from Death Valley......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote