ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #181
Rider
Moderator Emeritus
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: The Heart Of It All
Oddometer: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKLD View Post
Just picked mine up yesterday. $14,699+$299 dealer fee, all within 15 minutes.



Enjoy the ride!
__________________
2012 FJR1300 - In Search Of Fast Sweepers
My Voice
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #182
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues
 
richarddacat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: land of a new Rising Sun
Oddometer: 3,148
Is the front fender a darker color or is it just the light?

good luck, ride safe and I'm jelly too.
__________________
* 05FJR/88K75c *
Middle Tennessee Tag Riders
Never run out of traction, real estate, and ideas at the same time.
IF Eric Clapton was God, Joe Bonamassa would be his Son.
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #183
LKLD
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: FLA
Oddometer: 138
It's matte black. I don't know the reasoning.
LKLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #184
LKLD
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: FLA
Oddometer: 138
Took her to the local park today.

LKLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #185
D.T.
One wheel wonder...
 
D.T.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Moneyapolis, MN
Oddometer: 9,437
How fast does it go?


Nice bike.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by burgerking So?
Holland is about the most expensive country in Europe when it comes to bikes and fuel..Stop whining and go riding It's just money and you only live once...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #186
LKLD
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: FLA
Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
How fast does it go?
Faster than I'll ever take her.
LKLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #187
AKjitsu
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Little village near Phoenix
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
How fast does it go?


Nice bike.
156 Garmin. On a closed course of course. 165 lb. rider (with gear).
AKjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 AM   #188
bikes&guitars
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern US
Oddometer: 279
Was looking at one near me. Very nice - I like the changes - but just can't decide.....FJR vs. R1200RT. KInda like the looks of the new RT 90th anniversary model. I know there are no real changes to the bike itself though.

Trying to decide which bike is better for 2-up, when needed.
bikes&guitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #189
BanjoBoy
Studly Adventurer
 
BanjoBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Northern CA
Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikes&guitars View Post
Was looking at one near me. Very nice - I like the changes - but just can't decide.....FJR vs. R1200RT. KInda like the looks of the new RT 90th anniversary model. I know there are no real changes to the bike itself though.

Trying to decide which bike is better for 2-up, when needed.
Can't comment on looks (See'in that's subjective.) but the FJR is more powerfull, lower maintenance, more reliable, costs a lot less, and I think handles better. (I hated the lack of feed back from that telelever front end mahself.)

The RT has a longer warranty (Which yer prolly gonna use.) is lighter, has a larger fuel tank, and usually get's better mileage.
Most of the time ya don't need the extra power the FJR has, but when mah wife/sister 'n I are touring through the high Sierras, I appreciate the extra power when pass'in a string of motor homes @ 8,000 feet.
__________________
2007 FJR1300
2007 FZ6 (Dirt bike)
BanjoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #190
telejojo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
telejojo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Huntsville Ala. foothills of the Smokey's
Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKLD View Post
Just picked mine up yesterday. $14,699+$299 dealer fee, all within 15 minutes.

Congrats I have the C-14 and as long as it's Japanese I don't think you can go wrong
telejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #191
bikes&guitars
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern US
Oddometer: 279
How does the weight of this bike feel when going slow? Is it very top heavy?
bikes&guitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #192
nevermind
Swamp Thing
 
nevermind's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Lost then Found
Oddometer: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikes&guitars View Post
How does the weight of this bike feel when going slow? Is it very top heavy?
Feels great. Not at all tipsy. I can due a u-turn in the width of a single lane road with no issues and I suck at 0-1 MPH. Now, I've heard if you get it too far off the center line it IS going down, but I am not going to test it. I could get my 525 EXC to almost 45 degrees before having to let 'er down to the ground. The FJR with a full tank will be MUCH less.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #193
Unleaded
Unit Train
 
Unleaded's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Hellinois
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKLD View Post
Took her to the local park today.

Beautiful! Congrats.
__________________
www.thehurricanedeck.com
Unleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #194
BCC
I know better
 
BCC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Southern NJ
Oddometer: 7,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBoy View Post
Can't comment on looks (See'in that's subjective.) but the FJR is more powerfull, lower maintenance, more reliable, costs a lot less, and I think handles better. (I hated the lack of feed back from that telelever front end mahself.)

The RT has a longer warranty (Which yer prolly gonna use.) is lighter, has a larger fuel tank, and usually get's better mileage.
Most of the time ya don't need the extra power the FJR has, but when mah wife/sister 'n I are touring through the high Sierras, I appreciate the extra power when pass'in a string of motor homes @ 8,000 feet.
RT much faster in the twisties. Better low speed maneuverability. Better heat management. 6th gear. An original, not a copy.

I'll take either, please.

FJR is a better Interstate bike. RT better on winding roads.
__________________
Living the fullest life means leaving a history of goodness behind you for others to remember.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #195
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC View Post
RT much faster in the twisties. Better low speed maneuverability. Better heat management. 6th gear. An original, not a copy.
Not this again.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014