Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #601
africa twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
In 316 Stainless? Not at my local store.
You may have to order online

africa twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #602
Boats313
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by africa twin View Post
You may have to order online

I had found some of those, but I was worried they would pull through after awhile. My fabrication skills aren't nearly as good as my design skills, by the time I got the holes countersunk who knows what would be left under that head.
Boats313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #603
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 388
Africa Twin,
Thanks for the info on the A4 (316) stuff. My local store looked at me in disbelief when I asked for that earlier in the year.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #604
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
Nice, I'm getting one this week.. its in the mail and should arrive right after christmas.
Let me know how it turns out for you or if you have any install tips.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACK RAT View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2012 G650GS with about 2600 miles on it. Im going to be replacing the factory exaust with a Leo Vince LV-One EVO II Slip-On Exhaust, does any one have an idea what would be a good asking price for the factory exaust if I decide to sell it??

Thanks for your help,

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #605
seth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
F650 exhaust for G650GS

Just an FYI for other cheap skates out there, I found a good deal on a used 05 f650gs scorpion exaust exhaust on ebay and figured it it does not fit I will have all winter to make it work. Took the factory cans off (Not as easy as I thought it would be) Then Shazzzzamm!!! The scorpion fit beautifully. No fussing at all. I also got a sweet deal on a used Dakar bash plate, all I needed was $1 worth of fasteners and it looks and fits great.
seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #606
PACK RAT
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Just an FYI for other cheap skates out there, I found a good deal on a used 05 f650gs scorpion exaust exhaust on ebay and figured it it does not fit I will have all winter to make it work. Took the factory cans off (Not as easy as I thought it would be) Then Shazzzzamm!!! The scorpion fit beautifully. No fussing at all. I also got a sweet deal on a used Dakar bash plate, all I needed was $1 worth of fasteners and it looks and fits great.

Congrats on the new exaust. How about a pic??
PACK RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #607
seth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
I snapped this quick last night in the garage after dark. I'll get some better lit ones after I shovel some of this snow.

seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #608
reenmachine
Rain or Shine

Oddometer: 406
All loaded up the morning after Christmas for a 4-day trip into Death Valley and once again, no start. The OEM battery weakened quickly so I went on a rampage around LA desperately trying to find an AGM battery so I could carry on with my trip. After finding several AGM batteries that were "close, but no cigar" (e.g. terminals reversed) I bought an 8-cell Ballistic EVO2 LiFe unit for $160 at a local shop:

http://www.ballisticparts.com/produc...ries/8cell.php

It is awesome. Massive weight savings. Cranks like mad. 275 CCA vs. 120 from the OEM. A fraction of the size and 1.7lb.

I used the foam from the box to fit the battery to the compartment, which, even though it was kind of a rush job, came out fine and I'll probably leave it that way for a while. It's got thick padding on 5 sides, so it's incredibly well isolated from vibration and shock.

Left for my trip only about 5 hours late. Saw all kinds of conditions and the battery performed flawlessly, starting the bike quickly and confidently every time. Hot starts, cold starts (25F), after refueling, etc.

Between this and getting the decompression fix my faith in the bike will be restored.

reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #609
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
Battery

That's awesome...

A new battery just like that is my next purchase... Something that the bike should have shipped with in the first place....
Wouldn't mind if BMW charged 500$ more for the bike in exchange for a few upgraded items right from the get-go.

Is that a similar battery to the Shorai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
All loaded up the morning after Christmas for a 4-day trip into Death Valley and once again, no start. The OEM battery weakened quickly so I went on a rampage around LA desperately trying to find an AGM battery so I could carry on with my trip. After finding several AGM batteries that were "close, but no cigar" (e.g. terminals reversed) I bought an 8-cell Ballistic EVO2 LiFe unit for $160 at a local shop:

http://www.ballisticparts.com/produc...ries/8cell.php

It is awesome. Massive weight savings. Cranks like mad. 275 CCA vs. 120 from the OEM. A fraction of the size and 1.7lb.

I used the foam from the box to fit the battery to the compartment, which, even though it was kind of a rush job, came out fine and I'll probably leave it that way for a while. It's got thick padding on 5 sides, so it's incredibly well isolated from vibration and shock.

Left for my trip only about 5 hours late. Saw all kinds of conditions and the battery performed flawlessly, starting the bike quickly and confidently every time. Hot starts, cold starts (25F), after refueling, etc.

Between this and getting the decompression fix my faith in the bike will be restored.

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #610
PACK RAT
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
I snapped this quick last night in the garage after dark. I'll get some better lit ones after I shovel some of this snow.

looks nice man!! Cant wait for my pipe to come in. Should be here sometime this week. I keep telling my self OK this is the last farkle for awhile, I have to chill out and save some money.. LOL
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #611
reenmachine
Rain or Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioe6 View Post
That's awesome...

A new battery just like that is my next purchase... Something that the bike should have shipped with in the first place....
Wouldn't mind if BMW charged 500$ more for the bike in exchange for a few upgraded items right from the get-go.

Is that a similar battery to the Shorai?
Yes, it's the same LiFe chemistry as the Shorai. The Shorai has less cold cranking amps (210 vs. 275) but looks to have more robust packaging (probably where the added weight comes from).
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #612
reenmachine
Rain or Shine

Had a great little run out to Saline Valley/Death Valley, CA after Christmas and posted pics in Day Trippin':

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851956
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #613
PACK RAT
Adventurer

Quote:
Had a great little run out to Saline Valley/Death Valley, CA after Christmas and posted pics in Day Trippin':

Awesome pics!!! Looks like you had fun...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #614
PACK RAT
Adventurer

Quote:

Did you go solo??
Old 12-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #615
reenmachine
Rain or Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACK RAT View Post
Did you go solo??
Yep!