Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #1141
Muecke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
Goody goody goody

Yesterday we put the finishing touches on the thing, mainly the cabling and the numbering ...

The trained eye will notice the spare gear, brake and clutch levers ... Behind the screen I will hide the emergency kit and on the other side (the left one ) some tools and other spares... All in all I am happy with the result, I dont think there will be anything in there that would result in me going home early in the 24 Hrs race but that remains to be seen on Saturday...
Can anyone tell me where I can get this ground plate for ICO und Touratech roadbook?
Muecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #1142
Muecke
Adventurer

Quote:
Here is where I am at the moment ...

The race is next Saturday so time is limited to do any more serious design/manufacturing....

Notice the choke cable ... Too short

And for those special moments ...

Any thoughts welcome...
Can anyone tell me where I can get this ground plate for ICO und Touratech roadbook?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #1143
Bill the Bong
Supern00ba

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastplace View Post
Rider protection from what? Isn't it hot in RSA? When we rode long road Liaisons in cold winter Euryope in the Dakar, a fairing was nice. But I'd rather have airflow when it is hot. It is good to get the equipment's mass off the handlebars, so a frame mounted bracket has some advantages. But a fairing is only for looks and maybe to keep some sand out of your wiring.

I'm going to use the handlebar mounted brackets in the 7-day Tuareg Rallye. For me, simpler is better.

fun fun
Charlie
At the start in Cape Town it may be cold and possibly raining. The end at Upington could quite possibly hit 40C. That's hot enough to suck. That said, you pretty much anwered my question, thanks.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #1144
ktmmitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muecke View Post

We produce TT & ICO Roadbook Plates

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...-single-ico-vr
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #1145
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
Maybe get in touch with Armageddon 640. I know he put a lot of work into getting the 640 Adventure to this stage...
Old 12-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #1146
juancartm
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hi:
I love that swtch, with a red LED inside.
How can I get one?
Thanks.....
juancartm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #1147
Muecke
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We produce TT & ICO Roadbook Plates

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...-single-ico-vr
Yes, I know, but not the same like above with place for antenna! :(
Old 12-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #1148
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,763
As far as the tower plate is concerned, you can pm me with what you want and I could modify the design to your needs ,with or without switches, you can specify the angle so the gps base is horizontal , smaller etc ...
I would change the antenna plate in the next version and hide it under the fairing. Just to protect the equipment. Similar to the Honda Tower if you know what I mean.

I got the plastic toggle switch from here http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/toggle...ches-205-c.asp . A word of caution though. 1) The light may lower your night vision if it points to our eyes. 2) It is plastic. And as such it breaks quite easily. I think it suits better cars. I plan to remove all the plastic ones and put heavy toggles everywhere without lights.
For looks is good. For function is a no go ... At least not in a rally bike. I was changing the clutch cable on the bike and as soon as I hit one tangentially it broke straight off ...

-o0-
D.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #1149
roadracer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Still working things out and will post up a link when it's all ready, but the aluminum variant complete bolt on with the plastic fairing less then $500, need to finish this first.

The aluminum side plates, lower side plates and lower mount comes in at around 1.5lbs, the 2 HDPE side plates come in at less then 1/2lb

This is from a 440mi dual sport ride we did weekend before last, the HDPE variant will be staying on my bike for now, it's working out well.
Any pics of the fairing yet? It's listed for sale on your website.

Thanks!
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #1150
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,817
I'm dieing to see the finished product too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #1151
Dread Pendragon
Xin Ku

Oddometer: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastplace View Post
Rider protection from what? When we rode long road Liaisons in cold winter Euryope in the Dakar, a fairing was nice. But I'd rather have airflow when it is hot. But a fairing is only for looks and maybe to keep some sand out of your wiring.
Doesn't it help with general fatigue because you're not fighting as much wind trying to push you off the back of your bike? (Maybe that's more a problem for Sasquatch-sized guys like me who have less-than-ideal aerodynamics.)
Death Valley Ride

Dread Pendragon screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 08:55 PM
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #1152
Muecke
Adventurer

Quote:
As far as the tower plate is concerned, you can pm me with what you want and I could modify the design to your needs ,with or without switches, you can specify the angle so the gps base is horizontal , smaller etc ...
I would change the antenna plate in the next version and hide it under the fairing. Just to protect the equipment. Similar to the Honda Tower if you know what I mean.

-o0-
D.
Thank you for answering.
In the moment I have it installed like in the foto. But the plate was broken at the last rally. So I need a new one.
I need a base plate for Touratech roadbook, on top a place for 1 Touratech IMO 50 and a second without holes in the plate on the left for my small Garmin GPS Quest 3. The Quest is as big as the IMO 50.
Over the place of the IMO I need place for 2 GPS antenna.
Under the roadbook I have now my original smal digital speedometer of the BMW. So I need a small place under the roadbook for the original speedometer and only 1 switch for electric.

Where are you from?
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #1153
Muecke
Adventurer

and a second foto:
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #1154
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,763
Quote:
Thank you for answering.
In the moment I have it installed like in the foto. But the plate was broken at the last rally. So I need a new one.
I need a base plate for Touratech roadbook, on top a place for 1 Touratech IMO 50 and a second without holes in the plate on the left for my small Garmin GPS Quest 3. The Quest is as big as the IMO 50.
Over the place of the IMO I need place for 2 GPS antenna.
Under the roadbook I have now my original smal digital speedometer of the BMW. So I need a small place under the roadbook for the original speedometer and only 1 switch for electric.

Where are you from?

Happy New year Muecke,

The plate seems similar to what I have, the plate with the buttons under the Roadbook in my plate is removable so you can add different configutrations. Because of the cables that you have on the side, I cannot see how everything (the plate I mean...) is attached to the tower. It is not difficult at all to provide you with drawings although these days I am pretty busy with other designs as well , I am based in Athens, Greece at the moment ( ) , I will do some preliminary designs for you during the weekend and post them and take it from there

D.
-o0-
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #1155
Muecke
Adventurer

Quote:
Happy New year Muecke,

The plate seems similar to what I have, the plate with the buttons under the Roadbook in my plate is removable so you can add different configutrations. Because of the cables that you have on the side, I cannot see how everything (the plate I mean...) is attached to the tower. It is not difficult at all to provide you with drawings although these days I am pretty busy with other designs as well , I am based in Athens, Greece at the moment ( ) , I will do some preliminary designs for you during the weekend and post them and take it from there

D.
-o0-
Hi,
thanks for your answer. And I also wish you a Happy New year.

My old fixing in the tower was broken, because the base plate was for MD-Roadbooks and not for the Touratech Roadbook. That is the reason I want a new and good ground plate for the navigation devices.
The new plate should be fix with such a stick like shown in the foto (red mark!).
I put this in the tower and take 2 screws to fix it in the right position.

Hope this will work.
Thanks a lot.
Attached Images