User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #14
Murgatroid OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
The People 300 leaves me cold. It's priced the same as the BV350. I'd rather have the BV. To me, the Taiwanese scooters should significantly undercut the Italians and Japanese.

Being an engineer, I think a big part of the appeal of the HD200 and BV350 is the technology. The engine and clutch of the BV is interesting to me. I find the ceramic coated cylinders of the HD fascinating. That each engine reliably produces ~100hp/liter is what I expect from a modern engine. Many of Kymcos designs are fairly dated although the People 300 isn't one of them. It just seems bigger and clunkier in comparison to the BV, even though it's lighter.. I'll have to look at one in person.

Even David Harrington almost admitted that the BV350 is superior in just about every way to his 300GT, but picked his bike due to his faith in Kymco's reliability compared to Piaggio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe4 View Post
As the new owner of an NOS 2009 BV500 had a few "teething" problems in the first 700 miles, I have developed a bit of mistrust regarding Piaggio's parts pipeline distribution system. I love the bike and expect it to be very reliable...and I extrapolate that to the BV350 and the 300 Super, both of which I've looked at...both are very nice.

Have you looked at the Kymco People GT 300i? Not a lot of storage space, but has received very good reviews...I think Cortez did a really good writeup on it. I'd be looking at one if we had a Kymco dealer around here...

Murgatroid screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 01:11 PM
Murgatroid is offline   Reply With Quote