Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #31
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,039
Just ordered in a pair of crossfire tas and a pair of Sidi adventure goretex into the local shop to try on. Wish me luck!

Not sure what happened to my budget.....grrrrrrr....
xt250 "Little Donkey" - sold August 2013
Honda Rebel "The Wee Beastie" - sold May 2013
Little Bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
After reading everybody's responses I realize that what I really want is something I can ride slab and dirt in and the boots will be comfortable for long slab rides. Not worried about walking around any more.

I'm home sick today - thank goodness for forum! and all of the great advice for a noob!
You will not even feel Crossfires or SG10s when you break them in- they are very very comfortable made with good materials and built to last. If all you are concerned with is comfort on bike for slab as well as protection on dirt, skip anything but the Crossfires or SG10s. When trying them on, dont ask which is more comfortable- try with the mindset that ankle protection is most important and see whether you can tolerate any of the shortcomings you might find.
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #33
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
I can wear my crossfire's all day. I find them very comfortable even after 10 hour days. I also thought my Tech 3's were pretty darn comfortable too, but after I broke my ankle dropping my KLR on myself in my worn out Tech3's I upped the protection level with the Sidi TA's. Not sure if anything can really survive the weight of a KLR flopping on top of you but they are definitely a step up from the Tech 3's. I thought the Crossfire's were out of my budget, but then, those titanium screws the hospital sold me were pretty expensive too.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #34
ownst1100
BLUES TRAVELER 04'GSA

Oddometer: 994
If interested I have a pair of Sidi Discovery Rain boots size 12.5 / 47 in GREAT shape I wore only on the bike during road trips that I just haven't gotten around to listing. Only $100.

2 years ago I bought a GoldWing and just have no need for them anymore.
04' BMW GS Adventurer with Alumigo trailer
05' GoldWing with Trekker trailer
http://community.webshots.com/user/ownst1100
ownst1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #35
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownst1100 View Post
If interested I have a pair of Sidi Discovery Rain boots size 12.5 / 47 in GREAT shape I wore only on the bike during road trips that I just haven't gotten around to listing. Only $100.

2 years ago I bought a GoldWing and just have no need for them anymore.
Thanks, but I'm only a 7.5 and I want something with a lot of protection. Those are nice boots though!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Apparently everybody with a 7.5 foot got a pair of crossfire tas for Christmas! The ones I ordered are backordered until February. I hit the internet and found one pair in black. Paid a little extra for deliver by 12/31 so I can take off to Anza Borrego for a few days.

Thanks all for the good advice
Old 12-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,176
I have a pair of Sidi Crossfires that have been good for a couple of years. Now I find that my little toes are starting to hurt on the edges after a couple of hours riding.
I've: removed the sole liner thing, walked in them wet all day fencing, cut bits off my toes, tried thinner socks.
No, I need bigger boots.

So my question is, instead of getting another larger sidi crossfire..... they are known on this forum as having a narrow toe box; what is a similar quality boot that has a bigger toe area for flatter feeted fookers like me? Gaeren SG10????
Old 12-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #38
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 5,823
Quote:
I have a xt250, just started riding dirt. I definitely needs some boots with better protection. I'm looking for a boot that will protect my ankles and shins, but the more boots I see I'm not sure I want a full on heavy dirt boot. I was set to get a pair of the alpinestar tech3s, but I really want something less bulky and that I can actually walk in. I'm now looking at the boots listed as adv boots on the revilla site, but I'm not if any of them are protective enough. I basically need dual sport boots that I can also walk in without feeling like I have on ski boots.

Thoughts anybody? I'd like to stay below $300

thanks!
Yellow devil gear exchange in long beach has a wide selection of decently priced lightly used off road boots.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #39
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
I have a pair of Sidi Crossfires that have been good for a couple of years. Now I find that my little toes are starting to hurt on the edges after a couple of hours riding.
I've: removed the sole liner thing, walked in them wet all day fencing, cut bits off my toes, tried thinner socks.
No, I need bigger boots.

So my question is, instead of getting another larger sidi crossfire..... they are known on this forum as having a narrow toe box; what is a similar quality boot that has a bigger toe area for flatter feeted fookers like me? Gaeren SG10????

Disregard this. I've spent the past time checking all the threads about this on the internet, and will go for the Gaerne SG12. Mainly because the consensus seems to be that the Gaerne has a slightly wider boot. Also the pictures seem to show that the Gaerne does not have such a big hinge bolt on the inside like the Sidi's.
Also I noted that the Euro/UK sizing, not US seems to fool some people.

I wear Salomon boots size Euro 46&2/3 which is UK 11.5 and US12. So I"m going to get the same size in Gaerne, if they are a little loose, I'll go with hiking (thicker) socks.

FE-Moto.de out of Germany seems to be the cheapest.

Anyone got any input to this before I list my oldies for sale & order some newies?

edit: bugger, SG12s no longer available....????
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #40
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
Disregard this. I've spent the past time checking all the threads about this on the internet, and will go for the Gaerne SG12. Mainly because the consensus seems to be that the Gaerne has a slightly wider boot. Also the pictures seem to show that the Gaerne does not have such a big hinge bolt on the inside like the Sidi's.
Also I noted that the Euro/UK sizing, not US seems to fool some people.

I wear Salomon boots size Euro 46&2/3 which is UK 11.5 and US12. So I"m going to get the same size in Gaerne, if they are a little loose, I'll go with hiking (thicker) socks.

FE-Moto.de out of Germany seems to be the cheapest.

Anyone got any input to this before I list my oldies for sale & order some newies?

edit: bugger, SG12s no longer available....????
Blakduk, just a heads-up on width.....SG10s are slightly wider than SG12s (because the 12s have more internal padding).

Hope that helps.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #41
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
Yellow devil gear exchange in long beach has a wide selection of decently priced lightly used off road boots.
They didn't have anything I need right now, but great website to keep checking back!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #42
dankatz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Sidi adventure goretex for both. Very comfortable, waterproof and a lot of protection. Bought from FC-Moto.de for about $300 ($500 here in the US)
VFR800 VTEC
Monster 696
dankatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #43
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 5,823
Quote:
They didn't have anything I need right now, but great website to keep checking back!
Give em call she has a want list and gets new stuff in all the time.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #44
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
Sidi adventure goretex for both. Very comfortable, waterproof and a lot of protection. Bought from FC-Moto.de for about $300 ($500 here in the US)
When my bank account is in far better shape I'll probably pick up a pair of these for touring. They look really nice.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #45
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

The Crossfires just came in the mail! Put one on, put on my new Klim Dakar pants and I feel like I'm ready to run around the backroads of Australia shooting freaky, huge, half naked guys in leather thongs, mohawks with "little people" riding on their shoulders....

The protection feels great, the boots are a little tight across the top of the instep (not where the lowest buckle goes) hope that will loosen up. The length is spot on. Walking around Everything is going to get a tryout tomorrow on a group New Year's ride.