Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Mr_Gone OP
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,869
Heated Topcase

So I just bought a new Givi E55 topcase for myself for Christmas, and some heated gear, which means I'm good to ride down into the single digits, and I plan on riding through the winter.

I keep some items in my topcase digital camera, for example that I would rather not freeze if I go riding for a few hours. Has anyone come up with a way to keep the items in their topcase from freezing? Or is this a question only an insomniac like me considers at 2:00 a.m.?

I've considered battery-powered heated socks, cut down the middle to form a heating pad of sorts. Maybe one on the bottom of the case, and one placed on top of my stuff. With a 9-volt rechargeable battery, they should radiate some heat for at least a couple hours.

Also, tossing in a couple/few disposable heat packs, like those you find in most hunting stores. I don't know if these would radiate enough heat, though.

I would rather not wire up heating elements into the topcase, as this would mean drilling at least one small hole in the topcase.

Any thoughts? Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. Insults will be tolerated. Questions of my sanity are expected.