Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #721
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,004
The view down to Orebic Croatia where the ferry ran to Korcula on the left of the picture.

The wall here in Ston is the second biggest after the Great Wall of China although a very little cousin to the Great Wall its still pretty impressive, though what the hell were they protecting some salt pans that was a big make up of Dubrovniks wealth at the time and is still in use today.

As if you needed a wall here, man look at that hill, im sure a General is going to get me to climb that thing, oh I forgot I would of been the General barking orders, "get up there you little shits and hurry up about it".

The wall extend all the way over this mountain about 7 kilometres in Length there were 5 fortresses inside it in the day and 40 towers, heres my baby admiring a few of the towers the first one on the Ston side and the second the Mali ston side of the mountain.

And one from Mali Ston

The village of Mai Ston

rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #722
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Back on the road to Dubrovnik the last 40 k's into was rainign and cold, that'll teach me to be a nice guy I thought as I started to shiver, but it wasnt all that bad was still only 4 oclock and got to the hostel where im staying and im the only one here so have a 3 story 15 room house to myself for 15 bucks a night, lucky I like my space ha ha

Hers a few pictures I took of Dubrovnik the next day. Im pretty chilled out here doing sweet fa just relaxing going for rides around town meeting nice people along the way.

The pics are all of Dubrovnik Castle man oh man it is an impressive joint im glad im the General sitting on the hill getting the plebs to attack this joint it looks like it would be a mission from hell, so well fortified, i'll have to do a bit of research to see if it was ever attacked successfully or not....Google

Dubrovnik Castle with the Croatian flag flying proudly in the wind.

It is very well fortified from all sides heres a few pictures I took as I walked around

You aint coming in this way boy

or this way

Maybe the other side my be a better option......Nope

Theres got to be some way in here

Damn I think ill just ring the door bell instead

Ok im in that was easy should of thought of that before I had all those minions killed, so heres a few pictures from the inside.

Even if you get in one section you would still have to get through here to take the other side of town

Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #723
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Im sort of glad I wasnt here 20 years ago, funny watching this then walking the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=sU0JPXUmg44#!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #724
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Cheers Bavarian you will never regret it the E65 is amazing all the way down the coast, obviously it would be busier in summer time but there is so many roads up into the hills you can ride. The people are really friendly, its cheap, the sites to see are incredible, there is camping spots all the way along the coast on the waterfront and everywhere to stop if you want to camp, you will never regret riding down here ever, its absolutely fantastic.

Hope you and everyone around you have a great Christmas and thanks for following my blog. Cheers mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian View Post
Awesome scenery and pics!! Enjoy your ride report every day. Croatia is now on my list for next year!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #725
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends out there and all those ive met along the way on my little adventure and everyone that follows me through here in Advrider. I hope you all have a fantastic day just like my last 365 have been this year. Never forget when things feel tough and get you down a bit no matter what they are and how insurmountable they seem just pick yourself up dust yourself off set a positive goal and get about achieving it. Have a great day everyone xx

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 11:24 AM
Old 12-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #726
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Still hanging out in Dubrovnik relaxing, I like it here and its cheap too so im saving money while im chilling out. I might need to save a bit of money cause there has been a change of plans for my adventure.

Of course its going to continue onwards but Ev is coming to join me so it wont be a solo adventure anymore. She has to give two months notice but will be joining me as soon as she is able too. Where it will take us and for how long who knows but it will be fun all the same she certainly is an amazing woman.

We arent going to put any pressure on how long she is with me for and will just take it as it comes, the good news is I should never have to wash my own socks or clothes again and will have countless free massages and sex whenever I demand it ahahahaha shhhhh dont tell her I said that oh shit I hope she doesent read my blog either lol I cant wait till she gets here its going to be really nice to share my adventure with her, well I should say OUR adventure.

One adventure continues and another adventure starts and im looking forward to both of them.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #727
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ive been going for rides and hanging out, heres just a few shots of the local coastline and surrounding areas of Dubrovnik Croatia.

Went up the cable car to get the view of the whole area, I could of ridden up there in the end and I will tomorrow, it looks like a nice winding up the hill. The cable car ride is a little expensive but met some nice people along the way.

Tony and Denise and little Princess Jasmine and Malaki a really nice Aussie family I met while up there. They are campervanning it around Europe.

Ok its getting on to sunset so ill throw a few pictures in of the afternoon. Dubrovnik Croatia.

The Dubrovnik coastline is pretty spectacular

Ok last one you seen enough sunset shots in my blog in the last week to last a life time, get back on the bike mate. I must say its pretty nice though.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 05:38 PM
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #728
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Its not all just beautiful coastline, mountain ranges and castles over here in Croatia, there are some other beautiful things floating around to, as you can see. I nearly fell over when Nikolina told me she was 35, bloody looks great for her age, better hurry up Ev ahaha

When your on a motorcycle ride around the world some days are tough and others are just killer. I dont want to over do it so better just sit back relax and have a beer, for all you looking at this as you go to work, it wasnt all easy I had to walk up 20 odd stairs to get to it he he he Why such language.

See I told you, poor me.

Standard alleyways in the old town Dubrovnik.

The local soccer field inside the old town of Dubrovnik.

This little sucker was cute as and so was his mum.

Ok im bored lets go for a ride into the hills behind Dubrovnik.

The E65 this runs for about 800k's pretty much like this the whole way down the coast of Croatia, the things I put myself through on this motorcycle adventure.

But enough of the highway bla bla lets get up into the hills a bit, ok this is a good start.

Its pretty nice up here in the hills behind Dubrovnik Croatia.

Brrmmm brmmmm fun fun all to myself.

Come on time to get off the road and have a bit of fun.

Looking south towards Montenegro, thats where im heading when I could be bothered getting off my ass.

There certainly is nice views from up here.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 05:43 PM
Old 12-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #729
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Significant Landscape, no shit sherlock you need a sign for that.

Top little road up there is Montengro the bottom Croatia.

Some gay shot I dont know why im even posting it my baby is in it thats why.

Woopdy doo a boat on a lake, well its actually still part of the Adriatic Coast.

That was a nice ride around the hills behind Dubrovnik, this is the port where the ocean liners come in.

The traffic is so light I had time to park my bike in the middle of the bridge walk to the other side take a few photos then go back and ride off without being past.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #730
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Tsumugi was a Japanese girl staying here at the Cocoon Hostel, she is studying in Norway and off to Zagreb then Munich so we jumped on the bike and went for a ride before I dropped her at the bus station.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 05:42 PM
Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #731
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Was time to move my hump on out of here in Dubrovnik and Croatia and head into Montenegro a new country for a new year. Was a beautiful day light winds the sun was out shining so was all set for a fantastic days riding. I try not to put to many expectations on places when I go there but for once I had googled this place Kotor in Montenegro to have a look and it looked amazing so was looking forward to seeing it and even though I sort of expected something special I was still in awe of how magnificent this place really is. So lets go for a ride together with photos and see what it was like.

The day started off early said my goodbyes to Nikolina the little blondie mmmm little blondie ahahah (shhooosh Ev) and hit the road but wasnt more than 15 minutes down the road when I first had to stop to take aphoto looking back towards Dubrovnik.

Anyone for a game of futsal talk about a nice spot to have your oval.

Continued on down the E65 to Cavtat I didnt have any idea what was there but had seen signs alogn the highway sayign this far to Cavtat etc so was thinkign there must be something there and when I got to the turn off saw a bus coming out of there so thought I better go down there to have a look what is there.Ended up being a very nice spot for my first break of the day.

This is the view from the back of the little village

And this is the front side that opens to the Adriatic, beautiful little spot for a break and a good optical as well let me tell you

Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #732
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

wasnt far to the border and I had a few hundred Kuna left so stopped to get some petrol and try and spend the rest of the money I had so in the end on a quiet Sunday morning the lady in theservice station made quite good sales of junk I bought chocalates 5 packets of smokes ahahahah bloody ciggies I got to gdet off them things though that will take me awhile to get rid of all of them, a pack last me 3 or 4 days usually so I bought them knowing they will either get lost or get wet somewhere in the next week or two, I might as well of just given the old lady the money and be done with it. Bought some chain lube so so that was a bonue to buy something that will be of use and that killed 12 AUD or something.

That all done and my choclates ice crea,s stuffed into my guts it was off to Montenegro and the border crossing I knew Drew had told me one of the border crossings had made him buy insurance and as I rode off I thought of that and now I had sweet fa money. Oh well ill work it out when I get there I thought.

Pass through the Croatian border no dramas there was alot of cars being search thoroughly, I guess theres must be some cheap stuff south of here they dont like being brought into Croatia who knows.

Get to the Montenegro border, the guy takes my passport asks for the green slip and registration papers, ok got my passport but no ownership papers, no registration papers shhhh the bikes out of rego in Australia and my green card insurance is not valid in Montenegro, lets see how we go.

I tell them I had all my papers stolen out of the pannier when it got nicked in Prague so thats made things a little tricky with getting more paperwork. I handed him the police report in Czech, he has a look at it and hands it back pfft no one can read it anyway. I have a few other peices of paper work repairs stuff with the engine number on it to show the bike is mine etc he calls his boss and they say lets see if we can help you. They go through the papers and its pretty clear its my bike so a few minutes later its all ok no problems. phew thats one thing out of the way.

The cost of registering a bike in Australia is between 4 and 6 hundred bucks as when you register a vehcile over there you have to take third party insuarance for the Aussie roads, well im not on the Aussie roads and the third party insurance id get with it wouldnt cover me over here so im not paying that money for a bike that isnt there, the bottom line is when you travel you need ownership papers and third party insurance and thats it and anyway if worse came to worse and they really wanted to see some document you could just go knock some up on a computer and hand it to them. I know trying to contact the roads and traffic authourity in Australia is a nightmare and can see you on the phone for 30 or 40 minutes if not more waiting let alone these guys in Montenegro trying to get through and make sense of it all. Im sure they would give up with the automated system beofre they actually got through, you know what I mean, the please push one two three four five six system bla bla bla what a nightmre those things are, so safe to say rego Australian rego isnt important, famous last words, I better get on my computer.

Now they are looking at the green card it clearly stamped with a cross through Montenegro so its not but valid here, so im guessing they either mistook the cross as a valid (highly unlikely) or didnt give a rats ass either way they hand it back to me and say just ride carefully ok, double phew that was nice of them.

While I was there a nice looking chick came over to me and handed me her card and said if I was in Albania to look her up. On her card it says Gender Development and Governance, what the hell does that mean, when I first read it I was like oh if im going to have a sex change your the one ill come and see but was nice and polite about it and said thank you i will, oh well it has Phd after her name so Im gussing she knows what shes talking about when it comes to having a sex change, im pretty sure if Ev reads this she will be thinking ill do the surgery for you asshole ahahahaha

So anyway im off out of the border control there was alot of cars heading into Montenegro and toward Kotor.

Looking back to the Montenegro border crossing, apparently it can get really busy here with queues of kilometers so if you are coming this way might be best to do it early in the day and not on a public holiday.Was quiet today for me.

Looking down the valley, Welcome to Montenegro

Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #733
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ok ride about 10k's and there is Boka Kotorska the inland waterway connected to the Adriatic all the big ocean liners come in to, and WOW its spectacular. Heres just a few pictures of a fantastic ride I had around it.

It really is beautiful down here

The road is amazing good corners alot of fun I did see a cop pulling people over but if you slow down in the little towns you should be right to gun it everywhere else.

One of the fortresses that surround Boka Kotorska

ghostBUSters stop I guess.

As you can see from these pictures it is quite an amazingly beautiful part of the world, im just totally surprised again even if I did look at some pictures on google this time.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 02:37 AM
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #734
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Eventually arrive in Kotor its a beautiful litle city and im sittign on my bike lookign at the gps trying to figure out where im goign and this guy pulls up in the middle of the road on the other side and shouts out and points to the direction of the next street sayign good road good road for morobikes, im guessign hes talking about the road up the Locvna mountain so off I go. Yeah Ok thats it but I might go get my accomadation sorted first its gettign late. I had looked on booking.com and saw a place but didnt book it so off I go up the road to find it and yeah no dramas, a little expensive at 40 euro but what the hell its an apartment and right int he centre of town and I can cut costs by shopping in the supermarket across the road.

While im standing there minding my own business out the front near my bike waiting for the owner to arrive out of the shop walks this nice looking girl, ok you caught my eye hello, well she jumps in a taxi i just have to get a picture of this, walk over say hi and have a chat she offers me some of her chips shes just bought and I ask if I can take a picture of the prettiest taxi driver ive ever seen ahahah got to love my style, I wonder if im going to lose my mojo when Ev joins me, I guess you cant lose what you never had hey. Dragana gives me her phone number and facebook and she takes off up the road to get a fare, what a really nice welcome into Montenegro ive had.

Dragana or darling to me in her taxi

Had a nice walk aroudn town last night this place is beautifjl as i was walking around i was thinking to myself this is the prettiest old town ive been too in all of Europe, well maybe it is and maybe it isnt but for me to even think that its pretty damn nice. Ill upload more photos later but heres one I took when I was thinking of Ev last night, she will be able too look at as many as she wants as these but it wont cost a cent cause unless she is wearing them as earrings they wont be going on the bike.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #735
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

To everyone that has helped me and supported me in my travels through 36 countries and 47256 motorcycle kilometres during 2012 THANK YOU. That support when you are away from family, friends and home as I have been for nearly 2 years now is invaluable whether it is just online here in Advrider, facebook or in the flesh its all very important so thank you all so very much.

Ive have had the very good fortune to meet some great people and have visited a host of beautiful countries all simply amazing in their own right so as you can imagine it has been a fun year for me. I wonder what 2013 holds in store but with my beautiful Ev from Poland to join me on this adventure its starting off on the right foot.

To everyone out there, good luck with setting positive goals and going about achieving them, never give up even if at times they seem so far away.

Happy New Year everybody and I hope in 2013 all your dreams and wishes come true.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 02:46 AM