ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #2536
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer
 
scootrboi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Oddometer: 1,627
A photo from 1992 at a scooter rally. A serious scooter rider. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8...51e774fe_b.jpg
scootrboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #2537
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 5,502
Very serious, complete with a Langlitz jacket
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

skibum69 screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 05:21 PM
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #2538
Motovista
Parts is Parts
 
Motovista's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 507
My ET4

This was my favorite scooter, until it got stolen.
__________________
Discount OEM, replacement and performance parts for vespa, honda, bmw, yamaha, suzuki, genuine, kymco, piaggio, aprilia, SYM, tgb, tomos and other scooters at http://www.scooterpartsco.com
GT200, GT200, ET2, Italjet Velocifero, Italjet Torpedo, Eton Beamer 3, Genuine Buddy Pamplona 150, Kymco Vitality 50, Honda Elite 50
Motovista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #2539
johnyrrr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: South Lyon Michigan
Oddometer: 211
Lets here the story with the hot rodded up CT70, I think it would be neat to have a passport with something like a Lifan 140 motor.




QUOTE=Mikegigabyte;20314493]

[/QUOTE]
johnyrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #2540
on2wheelz
n00b
 
on2wheelz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 1
On tour in Northern Italy with the SH









Cheers
Alex
on2wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #2541
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cin City, OH
Oddometer: 6,782
Very cool Suzuki SW1 scooter, one year only, Japan only. Never seen anything like it out of Japan.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...suzuki_sw1.htm
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #2542
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 7,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Very cool Suzuki SW1 scooter, one year only, Japan only. Never seen anything like it out of Japan.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...suzuki_sw1.htm
Fixed.



__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #2543
Dabears
--------------------
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 676
Sw1

That Suzuki SW1 has a very cool retro vibe going for it.

But I'd have trouble claiming it's a scooter with chain drive, no step through upper frame mounted gas tank, etc.

Or do ya'll disagree?
__________________
1980 Vespa P200E
2006 BMW R1200GS
2012 SYM HD200 Evo
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #2544
emmettken
Beastly Adventurer
 
emmettken's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: southwest idaho
Oddometer: 1,903
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
that suzuki sw1 has a very cool retro vibe going for it.

But i'd have trouble claiming it's a scooter with chain drive, no step through upper frame mounted gas tank, etc.

Or do ya'll disagree?
+1
emmettken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #2545
max57
Adventurer
 
max57's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Calais, Vermont
Oddometer: 56
I have a picture of that bike from about 16 years ago. The fuel tank is a storage space like the Goldwing. But yeah, the word scooter is getting seriously stretched all over. The big long boats coming out hardly scoot. They are motorcycles with a lot of formed plastic and automatic transmissions, and fuel tanks under the seat. Very close to being Goldwings.
__________________
"Deep in the heart of every human being...the drive to demonstrate competence." R. Buckminster Fuller
max57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #2546
aeholton
R100S
 
aeholton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Oddometer: 58
Beautiful day for a country ride here in west central FL. My wife and I did a couple hundred miles exploring today.

__________________
***************************************
'87 BMW R100S
'09 Aprilia SportCity 250
'92 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
***************************************
aeholton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #2547
Paul Mihalka
Old Fart
 
Paul Mihalka's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Oddometer: 877
12/31 Had to get in one last ride...

Paul Mihalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #2548
t.s.graham
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Oddometer: 4
My Vespa 300S

[IMG][/IMG]

Happy New Year All. Here's a photo of my '12 Vespa 300S that I picked up this past spring. It replaced my '07 Vespa 250 GTS. I started my CC down sizing a couple of years ago and have been enjoying riding even more having begun the transition to smaller rides. I am intrigued by the reports from members riding long distance on the 50 cc machines. My only problem is I'm 6'3" and weigh 230 pounds. I don't think that would leave much margin for a change of clothes or a sleeping bag. I've started my plans for a summer of '12 Minnesota Four Corners tour. I'm figuring in the 2400 - 2500 mile range and I'll be taking it easy and enjoying the sights. I'm planning on credit card camping this first trip. I'll be sure to start a ride report when I roll off the center stand.

I've been a lurker here for some time now and was recently encouraged by an active member to jump in. So SPLASH....what a way to start 2013.

t.s.graham

P.S. That structure in the background is at St. John's University in Collegeville, MN. It's a sculpture made from saplings downed by volunteers and "ramrodded" by a visiting artist this past year. I like the whimsy of it. I wouldn't want to live there today. It's -12 degrees outside and I don't think it has the R value I'm accustomed too.
t.s.graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #2549
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC
 
RTinNC's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.s.graham View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Happy New Year All. Here's a photo of my '12 Vespa 300S that I picked up this past spring. It replaced my '07 Vespa 250 GTS. I started my CC down sizing a couple of years ago and have been enjoying riding even more having begun the transition to smaller rides. I am intrigued by the reports from members riding long distance on the 50 cc machines. My only problem is I'm 6'3" and weigh 230 pounds. I don't think that would leave much margin for a change of clothes or a sleeping bag. I've started my plans for a summer of '12 Minnesota Four Corners tour. I'm figuring in the 2400 - 2500 mile range and I'll be taking it easy and enjoying the sights. I'm planning on credit card camping this first trip. I'll be sure to start a ride report when I roll off the center stand.

I've been a lurker here for some time now and was recently encouraged by an active member to jump in. So SPLASH....what a way to start 2013.

t.s.graham

P.S. That structure in the background is at St. John's University in Collegeville, MN. It's a sculpture made from saplings downed by volunteers and "ramrodded" by a visiting artist this past year. I like the whimsy of it. I wouldn't want to live there today. It's -12 degrees outside and I don't think it has the R value I'm accustomed too.
Happy New Year! Very nice scooter and I too love the idea of touring on smaller machines ... taking your time and smelling the roses as you pass by! Look forward to the ride report.
__________________
Ed Apelian
All it takes is an open road and an open mind!


2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #2550
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC
 
RTinNC's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mihalka View Post
12/31 Had to get in one last ride...

Paul ... looks like you are enjoying your scoot! Good for you!! May you have a happy new year and 100 more! (All on 2 wheels of course)
__________________
Ed Apelian
All it takes is an open road and an open mind!


2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015