ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #55486
Moparmanpete
Support all riders

Oddometer: 294
My turn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Found it! (I'm bored). Thank you Swingset! And great idea Mike!

Ok, since it's winter, and we haven't really talked bikes lately (I know, I'm a prime-offender), I'm going to start a survey. Let's call it "Know your members", which is also a game I played when I was younger but I digress. Maybe it'll be fun, but at the very least you can waste 10 minutes with it.

9 Questions (because I couldn't think of 10):

1. How was your 2012 on motorcycles? Did you do a lot of riding? Take the trips you wanted to?
The year of the n00b! Had a blast riding the scoot this year, I thought it was just going to be a toy not an addiction, I still can't belive I rode it to Belpre and back 214miles. Wish I could have rode the XL more this year.

2. What do you have planned for 2013? Any special trips or events you're looking forward to? Are you in the planning stages or dreaming stages?
I would like to do a ride to my brother's in NC and hit the dragon on the way back.
3. Do you have a new bike or bikes in your vision?
Still happy with what I have for now.
4. What are you going to do this winter during the bitter cold? Big repairs, maintenance, plan, say fuggit and ride, drink?
Going to try and ride as much as I can this winter, atleast when I wreck I can blame it on ice
5. How do you view your riding right now? Anything changed or your focus or goals still what they were? Do you want to learn or do anything different?
Still have to work on my down shifting, damn scoot!
6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year? If so, how are you doing afterwards? Back to your old self or still coming back? Has it changed your riding?Two drops on the scoot both were WTF moments, Very low speed, first one glove box came open and I grabed it with my right hand and still don't know what the heck happen. The second one I was being an idiot.

7. Going with that subject, if for some reason you weren't able to ride, what would you do with yourself?
Buy a harley and alot of chrome polish J/K
8. Where are some places you haven't ridden you're dying to?don't know

9. What oil is the best?
Corn

10. Tire? Flat ones. I'm a tire changer :)
87 XL600R "The Cracken" deceased till further notice
Moparmanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #55487
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
impressive memory...must be very helpful in your line of work
I have several of our local douchebag's social security numbers, dates of birth, plate numbers, and addresses committed to memory...

...but I can't remember Meredith's birthday.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #55488
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,760
1. 2012 on motorcycles? Craptastic, really. Crashes, injuries, and not much time for the saddle.

2. 2013? Don't repeat 2012, hopefully.

3. New bike? Nope.

4. Winter? Work out, heal myself, fix the bikes.

5. How do you view your riding right now? I look at the garage door, and imagine the bikes are in there doing something exciting. Probably not tho.

6. Wrecks or get-offs? Yup. Lucky, but bad enough.

7. Couldn't ride, what would you do with yourself? Guns, music, golf, I have no shortage of other interests.

8. Where are some places you haven't ridden you're dying to? Alps, Asia.

9. What oil is the best? Doc Johnson's Joy Jelly.

10 Tires? Black ones, rounder the better.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #55489
Oceanbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Great seeing everyone today!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #55490
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,496
happy new year!

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #55491
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,997
Better New Year for everyone.

2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #55492
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Ok, since it's winter, and we haven't really talked bikes lately (I know, I'm a prime-offender), I'm going to start a survey. Let's call it "Know your members", which is also a game I played when I was younger but I digress. Maybe it'll be fun, but at the very least you can waste 10 minutes with it.
9 Questions (because I couldn't think of 10):
1. How was your 2012 on motorcycles? Did you do a lot of riding? Take the trips you wanted to? Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my 1st ADV ride. Wish I could have done more rides this year, but work got in the way.
2. What do you have planned for 2013? Any special trips or events you're looking forward to? Are you in the planning stages or dreaming stages? Just hoping to work less and ride more than in 2012.
3. Do you have a new bike or bikes in your vision? Just got a new WRR.
4. What are you going to do this winter during the bitter cold? Big repairs, maintenance, plan, say fuggit and ride, drink? Got heated clothing for the 1st time, so will be riding as much as I can through Winter.
5. How do you view your riding right now? Anything changed or your focus or goals still what they were? Do you want to learn or do anything different? Looking to improve my off road riding.
6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year? If so, how are you doing afterwards? Back to your old self or still coming back? Has it changed your riding? See post 53473. Shoulder is about 75% back to normal.
7. Going with that subject, if for some reason you weren't able to ride, what would you do with yourself? Hope I never have to decide.
8. Where are some places you haven't ridden you're dying to? Dakar Rally, not that I could ever really compete in the event.
9. What oil is the best? Whatever synthetic is on sale.
Benly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #55493
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 842
Found it! (I'm bored). Thank you Swingset! And great idea Mike!

1. How was your 2012 on motorcycles? Did you do a lot of riding? Take the trips you wanted to?

2012 was awesome, mostly because I started riding motorcycles. Rode The Dragon and a bunch of trails and met amazing people.

2. What do you have planned for 2013? Any special trips or events you're looking forward to? Are you in the planning stages or dreaming stages?

Big Bend is planned for March. I technically "have to" go to Colorado due to a bet I have with a new TX ADV friend. (Darn)

Dream bike is being constructed. Just a few more mods and she's perfect. For now.

4. What are you going to do this winter during the bitter cold? Big repairs, maintenance, plan, say fuggit and ride, drink?

Moved to Texas.....but I work on bikes when it's crappy

5. How do you view your riding right now? Anything changed or your focus or goals still what they were? Do you want to learn or do anything different?

Be able to ride nastier trails and find my faux balls again.

6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year? If so, how are you doing afterwards? Back to your old self or still coming back? Has it changed your riding?

Yep. Lots. It's what I do best (MGorman, so sorry for smashing into you all those times! But thank you for your patience!)

My best wreck was just yesterday. Video to be posted soon. I hear it was spectacular. I just saw my bike fly out from under me. I promise the video will be short and just a wreck.

7. Going with that subject, if for some reason you weren't able to ride, what would you do with yourself?

I'd make someone take me out for a ride. I'm not ashamed to ride bitch

8. Where are some places you haven't ridden you're dying to?

Mexico!!!!! Argentina.

9. What oil is the best?

I just know I need to check it before every ride, even if it is a Honda.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #55494
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,285
Happy 2013!

Here's a little video to celebrate...

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #55495
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,063
1. How was your 2012 on motorcycles?

I didn't ride in 2012. I'm out of town on business.

2. What do you have planned for 2013?

On the WR250R, I'm planning a 1500+ mile trip in the spring: Columbus > National Road > OH-555 > Staunton-Parkersburg Turnpike > Blue Ridge Parkway / Blue Ridge Trail > Deals Gap > Trans East Trail > Wilderness Road / Cumberland Gap > US-68 > US-62 > Columbus. On the Spyder, I'm planning a trip to the Ozarks in Missouri.

No, two is enough.

4. What are you going to do this winter during the bitter cold?

Compiling a shopping list of farkles to turn the WR250R into a road-worthy tourer.

I'm a noob on two wheels. I believe that amount of miles riding is more important than the amount of years of riding, so I plan to ride as much as I can. In addition, I'll be taking the MSF Advanced RiderCourse (Army requirement). I may also take a http://www.americansupercamp.com class because it looks fun.

6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year?

No riding = no wrecks.

I'm joining the Zanesville Rifle Club and will be competing in Service Rifle / Highpower shooting matches.

Colorado and Utah.

9. What oil is the best?

I've never done an oil change on this bike.

10. What tires are the best?

I don't know, but D606's are on my shpping list.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783

ArmyJoe screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 12:27 PM
ArmyJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #55496
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 996
1. How was your 2012 on motorcycles?
Fantastic ! 7 Moto camping trips !!! Tagging, couple rides with inmates here. Up to a couple weeks ago made it pretty much throught the whole year carless.

2. What do you have planned for 2013?
More: Breathe, Eat, Ride. Family, Friends.

Yes, some type of DS. Thanks for the suggestions and PM's.

4. What are you going to do this winter during the bitter cold?
Fight off SAD, with ADVrider, DAKAR spectating, maybe some moto maintenance.

It must be ok, because I didn't crash. Maybe I'm not going fast enough. Goal: don't crash. I will learn some things in 2013 whether I like it or not. Sometimes time is a cruel teacher.

6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year?
No.

Play guitar more, spend more time with friends and family.

Out West.

9. What oil is the best?
Walmart SuperTech in the bike, then recycled into whatever beater car I'm driving that needs it.

10. What tires are the best?
I find the round ones work best

steveb126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #55497
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post

what a ghastly thought...not sure how I would deal with that. get a Can-Am Spider I guess
You say that like it's a bad thing. And it's Spyder.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #55498
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Talking

Got to ride a lot, so it was good

I'll do the usual vintage events in 2013....2014 is the big year.....Ohio to California on a 1952 BSA for an event...... Thats the plan anyway......

NO MORE BIKES...I have enough...might even make a few go away

All of the above

I need to get my lazy ass on the trials bike more......and work on my own weight....

6. Did you have any wrecks or get-offs this year? If so, how are you doing afterwards? Back to your old self or still coming back? Has it changed your riding?

Just the usual bouncing off trees/ground when riding the trials bike

Hoping when I get to the point I can't ride...I am drooling down my chin and don't know what day it is

Southeastern Europe, southern Germany, Switzerland, And pretty much anyplace that hills and twisty roads

9. What oil is the best?

Have to agree....EVOO is great oil..

And oil inside the engine is good oil too...no oil or oil outside the engine, not so much

10. What tires are best?

I find tires with no sidewall cracks, some tread, and holding some air work pretty well
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #55499
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I have several of our local douchebag's social security numbers, dates of birth, plate numbers, and addresses committed to memory...

...but I can't remember Meredith's birthday.
Thats simple.......her birthday is once a year....the local douchebags, you deal with writing down that information about every other day.......
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #55500
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,311

Overall, pretty good. No long, multi-day rides this year .. first time in 8 years. Did trailer the 230 to Colorado and Michigan for some fun. Thank you to the inmates who participated in those trips. Good times. Seriously, very good times. I'd do it again.

I promised 'Flaggerwife that we'd go to the beach this year. Need to figure out how to get an m/c involved in that trip. Wouldn't mind taking the new CRF250L on a 3-4 day trip somewhere. TWVT, anyone?

Well, the F800GS is for sale in the flea market, to be replaced with something more suitable for two-up touring. And I just purchased a CRF250L that replaces the CRF230F which will be up for sale later this Spring.

Nothing major planned, continued build-up of the CRF, I suppose.

Always room to improve, especially off-road.

Many dirt oriented biffs, but most embarrassed by the new-tire related low-side at the end of my driveway. Leg was trapped under the bike for a few seconds ... unfortunately, there were witnesses.

Not sure. If a three-wheeler of some sort was feasible, it'd be a hack.

Baja. Alaska. Southeast US. Happy Valley-Goose Bay (crashed 120 miles short)

9. What oil is the best?

The Honda products I get on discount at work.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote