Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #991
ultane
sqeezin the bag

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzok View Post
i noticed something like this with iOS 6.0.1 too. incoming calls will ring and then no voice when i answer. i have to manually switch the phone to the Bluetooth device. it's easy enough; on the answer screen with the speaker phone button.
I've notice that same issue with failed Bluetooth pairing on incoming calls in my '11 Subaru Outback since recently updating my iPhone 4S to '6.whatever'.

I might be wrong... Just ask my X...

Sent from my rotary dial iPhone using Tapatalk

If a man speaks, and there is no woman present to hear him,..
Is he still wrong?
ultane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #992
Glierly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Customer service hasn't completely gone away

After reading all the post in this thread I made the decision to purchase the SMH10 Dual Pack. I talked with Adam mid morning on Saturday and he made some suggestions I would have never thought of and will help make the system more flexible. He certainly knows his stuff, and more importantly, he listened to what I thought I wanted and based his suggestions on what I felt would work best for me. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

The order was taken to the local post before noon on Saturday was was delivered around 9:30 this morning. It just doesn't get much better.

I'll be trading more this Rocketmoto in the future for certain.

gll
Old 11-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #993
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glierly View Post
After reading all the post in this thread I made the decision to purchase the SMH10 Dual Pack. I talked with Adam mid morning on Saturday and he made some suggestions I would have never thought of and will help make the system more flexible. He certainly knows his stuff, and more importantly, he listened to what I thought I wanted and based his suggestions on what I felt would work best for me. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

The order was taken to the local post before noon on Saturday was was delivered around 9:30 this morning. It just doesn't get much better.

I'll be trading more this Rocketmoto in the future for certain.

gll
+1000
Adam is "the man" ....
I had the same experience as you when ordering my SMH10.
His website is expanding quickly, and he will be my go-to for future farkles.
I know he'll give me a hand with them if I need one!
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #994
jeffygs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 469
my needs

I have a zumo 550 with XM, Im wanting a Sena but also want to listen to my xm through the Sena. Do I need one of those dongle things to make it all wireless? Any help is good!
jeffygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #995
yellowrench
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Do you have the new SMH5-FM in stock?
yellowrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #996
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 930
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffygs View Post
I have a zumo 550 with XM, Im wanting a Sena but also want to listen to my xm through the Sena. Do I need one of those dongle things to make it all wireless? Any help is good!
Jeffy:

The Zumo 550 doesn't do stereo XM, so if you pair it to a BT headset, it'll sound almost as good as a 50 year-old AM radio. You'll want a BT 'dongle' like the Sena SM10, that'll permit pairing to a rider and passenger headset. It'll run all day on its internal battery, but if you want to bike power it, and the Zumo is also bike powered, you'll need a stereo ground loop isolator to connect the two.

Questions??? Give us a shout during the week, 9AM-6PM eastern, 877.533.4245.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #997
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrench View Post
Do you have the new SMH5-FM in stock?
These were just announced this past week. It takes some weeks before the new product actually filters thru the Sena distributors and out to dealers.

We're not sure that we'll stock these, just yet - it all depends on whether there's enough demand. We'd be happy to order up for you and have it on the way to you, just as soon as it arrives here.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #998
histguy
Histguy

Oddometer: 38
PM sent your way Adam.
histguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #999
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by histguy View Post
PM sent your way Adam.
Thanks!

We have T * O * N * S of Sena products (and oodles of other great stuff) in stock and ready to ship. Plus we will help you when you hit a technical snag or installation issue - long after your purchase. The other places can give you a price, but who you gonna call when you have a problem? Ghostbusters?
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #1000
jeffygs
Gnarly Adventurer

Just to be sure! the sena smh10 only handles 4 headset connections so four single bikes or 2 bikes with passengers, each with a headset. Seems like not a problem until you have 5 bikers each with a sena then one somewhere is not included in all communications. Its all ok if thats the facts. I guess if 5 riders then 4 connected, then the last one connected to the first 4 but not the first. Will this all work or will the bluetooth decide who is closest and make changes automatic
See how my brain works
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Thanks!

We have T * O * N * S of Sena products (and oodles of other great stuff) in stock and ready to ship. Plus we will help you when you hit a technical snag or installation issue - long after your purchase. The other places can give you a price, but who you gonna call when you have a problem? Ghostbusters?
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #1001
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffygs View Post
Just to be sure! the sena smh10 only handles 4 headset connections so four single bikes or 2 bikes with passengers, each with a headset. Seems like not a problem until you have 5 bikers each with a sena then one somewhere is not included in all communications. Its all ok if thats the facts. I guess if 5 riders then 4 connected, then the last one connected to the first 4 but not the first. Will this all work or will the bluetooth decide who is closest and make changes automatic
See how my brain works
Four headsets can be paired together and can talk 1-to-1, or you and two friends can be in a 3-way conference, so long as you are within range of your two friends. In a three-way you are the 'hub' and your two friends are the 'spokes'. OK, so far?

A four-way conference is a bit different. Let's say you are A, and your friends are B and C. A connects to B, B connects to C. For the 4th person 'D' to join in, they will connect to (and must be previously paired to) C. So, the signal is repeated from A to B to C to D.

Now, let's take rider 'E' for example. Rider E can be previously paired to C. If rider D goes out of range, and rider E comes within range of rider C, then rider E can join in the conference. But the 5th person is the odd man out.

The Scala Rider G9 can also do a 4 way conference, but can pair 9 total headsets for 1-to-1 communication, Sena can do 4 total for 1-to-1. The Interphone F5 can have a 6-way conference, in the A-B-C-D-E-F configuration, like the Sena's repeater-mode 4-way. We have the G9's and F5's as well as the Sena's.

For Sena SMH10, I look at it this way, two bikes, each with rider and passenger, this all works great. Otherwise it can be a bit confusing. The best way, IMO is to use the SR10 2-way radio hub along with the headset, and FRS/GMRS radios. This way you can have as many people was you want all on the same radio frequency, and everyone can be a part of the action. Plus, the SR10 works with non-Sena headsets, so that eliminates the issues of everyone having to have the same brand of headsets.

Now, the big question is **Am I making sense, here?**
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #1002
pista
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Hey Adam, I don't need long range com as I usually travel solo. Would like BT connection to phone and GPS, and capability to listen to wired mp-3 player. Is the SMH5 a better choice for a cost conscious rider?
pista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #1003
jeffygs
Gnarly Adventurer

Eek

its gonna take me a while to read this
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Four headsets can be paired together and can talk 1-to-1, or you and two friends can be in a 3-way conference, so long as you are within range of your two friends. In a three-way you are the 'hub' and your two friends are the 'spokes'. OK, so far?

A four-way conference is a bit different. Let's say you are A, and your friends are B and C. A connects to B, B connects to C. For the 4th person 'D' to join in, they will connect to (and must be previously paired to) C. So, the signal is repeated from A to B to C to D.

Now, let's take rider 'E' for example. Rider E can be previously paired to C. If rider D goes out of range, and rider E comes within range of rider C, then rider E can join in the conference. But the 5th person is the odd man out.

The Scala Rider G9 can also do a 4 way conference, but can pair 9 total headsets for 1-to-1 communication, Sena can do 4 total for 1-to-1. The Interphone F5 can have a 6-way conference, in the A-B-C-D-E-F configuration, like the Sena's repeater-mode 4-way. We have the G9's and F5's as well as the Sena's.

For Sena SMH10, I look at it this way, two bikes, each with rider and passenger, this all works great. Otherwise it can be a bit confusing. The best way, IMO is to use the SR10 2-way radio hub along with the headset, and FRS/GMRS radios. This way you can have as many people was you want all on the same radio frequency, and everyone can be a part of the action. Plus, the SR10 works with non-Sena headsets, so that eliminates the issues of everyone having to have the same brand of headsets.

Now, the big question is **Am I making sense, here?**
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #1004
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by pista View Post
Hey Adam, I don't need long range com as I usually travel solo. Would like BT connection to phone and GPS, and capability to listen to wired mp-3 player. Is the SMH5 a better choice for a cost conscious rider?
Pista:
I'm sure Adam will chime in, but here's one idiot's opinion in the mean time:

The battery may not last quite as long ... estimated at 10 vs. 12 hours, and it doesn't have the range of bracket/mounting options that the SMH10 has, but if the stock bracket works for you then ... my humble opinion would be YES ... go for the SMH5 as it is less expensive and connection of the device to the bracket is more robust.
The SMH5 also has BT V3.0 which is probably not a big deal vs. the V2.1 of the SMH10
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #1005
Turkus
Motorcyclus Unemploy

Oddometer: 22
Thumb RocketMoto ROCKS !!

Just want to say that Adam and RocketMoto are the epitome of Customer Service !!

After months of waffling about, I finally pulled the trigger on an SMH10 single headset in November.
Thanks to the "right" questions being asked when I called to place the order, I got the correct set-up for my Schuberth C3.
Got it in time to charge the battery and install it before going out to Vegas to see friends and participate in the Craig Vetter Fuel Economy Challenge.
During that weekend one audio channel decided to quit.....bummer.
I contacted RocketMoto for an RMA as instructed by the Sena website to process a warranty claim.
Adam asked what the problem was, I described it, and (as I was leaving on a group ride within 10 days and the Christmas Holiday was rapidly approaching) Adam asked if I would like to send it to him for evaluation.
I figured "why not ?" I have nothing to lose and it beats having my stuff sit in San Jose for 2 weeks while they are shut down for the holidays.
I priority mailed it back to RM and the day after they get it I get an e-mail from Adam stating I have a defective module, he's swapping it out, and I will have it back in my hands in time for my group ride out to Palm Springs and Joshua Tree NP !!

I am just blown away by the level of service !! I am in the automotive repair business and I know what good customer service is.....RocketMoto is light years above that bar.

Thanks again Adam !!

(as soon as my friends and I get that intercom/conference thing down pat I'll be posting a product review on your website)
AMA#228900/BMWMOA#147760
Ride Safe....and with a purpose
www.streetmasters.info
Turkus is offline   Reply With Quote