Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #11
arcanum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
make room for carb removal

This would be an individual choice according to bike model. Mine is a cb450sc Nighthawk

When taking carbs off the bike to clean them,consider making more room for the removal. On a recent Nighthawk carb clean,I took the rear fender, air filter box& battery,and then I had an easier time to get the carbs off and back on. I also took off one side of the engine mount off so I could get the carbies off with the throttle cables attached. I had a cardboard box placed at a comfortable height stuffed with rags and a clean towel on top to catch any little part that dropped during dis-assembly.

This paid off big time,because it took two or three attempts to get the carb sorted. The carb sinch stayed at factory setting because the control cables stayed attached.It was also easy to see that the accelerator pump worked by directly viewing the little squirts of gas because the cables were still attached. Of course,you must use your own judgement about how your own bike dis-assembles whether or not you wish to try this method
arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote