ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #6721
HuskyGuy
Tech Geek

Oddometer: 39
Happy new years!!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #6722
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 771
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyGuy View Post
Happy new years!!

Wow!!!
Did u do the polar bear swim and go out for a ride to warm up!!??

I went skiing on NY's!!
silverspurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #6723
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyGuy View Post
Happy new years!!

That's Awesome! I likey... The older I get the better that looks.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #6724
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Had a fun ride yesterday, thanks for showing up Chris :)

Hey Inky... um I mean Fool Hardy just catching up and back tracking and I see you had a nice little outing. I had a TW 200 I bought new in 94, sold it in 2008 I loved that little bike, never failed me. So what up with the KLR?

Aldous Huxley
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #6725
HuskyGuy
Tech Geek

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Wow!!!
Did u do the polar bear swim and go out for a ride to warm up!!??

I went skiing on NY's!!
No swim but I did miss a deer by meer inches on the ride back..
Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #6726
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Got a new little sumthin for Christmas... kinda excited about it!! let the farkeling begin!!
Does this mean we will see you on the road still? I thought you were out of commission due to other priorities.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #6727
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Hey Inky... um I mean Fool Hardy just catching up and back tracking and I see you had a nice little outing. I had a TW 200 I bought new in 94, sold it in 2008 I loved that little bike, never failed me. So what up with the KLR?

Hi Sam
The KLR is making bad sounds. It had some metal shavings in the oil, and I found the balancer adjustment bolt loose. I replaced the front balancer shaft and bearings, and the front balancer and sprocket, which took care of most of the noises. I put another fifty some miles on it and no shavings in the oil, but its making a knocking sound. After I get a few other projects done in the garage I'll tear into it. I'm hoping its the stock piston slapping in a worn out cylinder. A 685 kit would fix that right up :) I'm taking advantage of the down time to get better aquainted with the little TW. How you been?

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #6728
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Hi Sam
The KLR is making bad sounds. It had some metal shavings in the oil, and I found the balancer adjustment bolt loose. I replaced the front balancer shaft and bearings, and the front balancer and sprocket, which took care of most of the noises. I put another fifty some miles on it and no shavings in the oil, but its making a knocking sound. After I get a few other projects done in the garage I'll tear into it. I'm hoping its the stock piston slapping in a worn out cylinder. A 685 kit would fix that right up :) I'm taking advantage of the down time to get better aquainted with the little TW. How you been?
Well that (685) should put some life back into it for another 50K probably cheaper than a new one.... M/C that is. I am doing honky-dorry sort of speak. I haven't ridden since mid October had to dive into Moya to get some long over-due stuff done kissed a truck on a blind corner with the DRZ at around 30 mph... you know the usual stuff. giving all my money to my daughter to support her adventures around the country in quest of the right med school, etc, etc.. How about you? low profile there bud. I am going to Death Valley end of February can you come out an play for a week?

To everypone in the Boise PNW area I hope all had a wonderful Holiday and I can see some have some really nice gifts that need dirtying up I got a new camera for X-mas a Nikon AW100 pretty cool. It's all I needed

Oh, and a new helmet an Icon-Iink My Arai is about used up

What did Santa bring you? Come on Boise wake up winter bantering should now ensue.

Aldous Huxley
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #6729
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,021
Santa brought me that new modern HondaSuzukiYamahaKawasaki big bore dual sport thumper..........

Still dreamin.....

Need to go to Death Valley now while the weather sucks up here.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #6730
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
Don't worry Ed, I'm sure it'll still suck in February. I would love to go to Death Valley with you guys, not sure if I can scrape up enough to fix the engine noise, new tires and chain and sprockets before then. I was figuring it would take me all winter to get the bike back together. Good to hear you're still in one piece

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #6731
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxm View Post
Does this mean we will see you on the road still? I thought you were out of commission due to other priorities.
Well;
life is gonna be different for sure with a Scout Camp out taking up a weekend every month and a week at Scout Camp next July... but I'll still be out there!!... just not as much!...

I really like the Super Ten, it is such a nice ride!! but I'm keeping the KLR for the nastier places of the world...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #6732
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Hi Sam

yup!! 685 kit... makes the KLR a much nicer bike...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #6733
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Had a fun ride yesterday, thanks for showing up Chris :)

I need one of these in my garage!!... next bike purchase me thinks!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #6734
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Don't worry Ed, I'm sure it'll still suck in February. I would love to go to Death Valley with you guys, not sure if I can scrape up enough to fix the engine noise, new tires and chain and sprockets before then. I was figuring it would take me all winter to get the bike back together. Good to hear you're still in one piece
Man, what are you talking about you have a perfectly good bike that TW will get you around just fine, we'll wait for you the intersections

Trailrider:

Quote:
Need to go to Death Valley now while the weather sucks up here.
I am in total concurrence! I would like to go someplace NOW with some sunshine and above the present temperatures. Alas it's just not in my stars right now. I heard today from SW that there is a lot of snow down in the Owyhee's right now... but that never stopped you before.

Aldous Huxley
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #6735
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Man, what are you talking about you have a perfectly good bike that TW will get you around just fine, we'll wait for you the intersections

Trailrider:

I am in total concurrence! I would like to go someplace NOW with some sunshine and above the present temperatures. Alas it's just not in my stars right now. I heard today from SW that there is a lot of snow down in the Owyhee's right now... but that never stopped you before.
What or whom is SW?