ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #13261
paulie77
Gopher

Oddometer: 17
Rules

Rules, we don't need no stinking rules. If someone wants to move it further away get on your bike and move it. Am I missing something??
paulie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #13262
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,112
I planned on not using file photos this year, but that holds up the game when things are hot, guess I'm OK with dirt roads( I don't know what kind of things you are going to find for tags ). I try to put tags a fair distance apart most of the time, not always possible, but more likely this year, with more time available.
I think, all in all, the game goes pretty well as-is.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #13263
dragoon OP
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,058
Thumb

This game has been going on for almost 5 years now. Every once in awhile somebody wants to change the rules, add dirt roads, make gps coordinates, geocache, no file photos, etc. They usually get mad and start a dirt tag thread or a gps thread or a geocache thread etc, usually it's Luke (he doesn't get mad). Add dirt roads you eliminate road riders, add gps coordinates only , no file photos the game comes to a halt, geocache...Jesus Christ who thought that was a good idea
IMHO we have the best game going. Everyone copies our rules, sure they all have better ideas but the usually come back to our rules. I only have a couple tags the last couple years but I'm always checking to see if there's something of interest.
Just my opinion.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #13264
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
This game has been going on for almost 5 years now. Every once in awhile somebody wants to change the rules, add dirt roads, make gps coordinates, geocache, no file photos, etc. They usually get mad and start a dirt tag thread or a gps thread or a geocache thread etc, usually it's Luke (he doesn't get mad). Add dirt roads you eliminate road riders, add gps coordinates only , no file photos the game comes to a halt, geocache...Jesus Christ who thought that was a good idea
IMHO we have the best game going. Everyone copies our rules, sure they all have better ideas but the usually come back to our rules. I only have a couple tags the last couple years but I'm always checking to see if there's something of interest.
Just my opinion.

bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #13265
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,150
i agree with everything said aside form the dirt roads part. Is there really anyone who participates in the game who would not venture down a dirt road?

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #13266
dragoon OP
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
i agree with everything said aside form the dirt roads part. Is there really anyone who participates in the game who would not venture down a dirt road?
I'm going with yes.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #13267
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
I'm going with yes.
The only person I can think of is Biff's R and he has been AWOL for a long time.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #13268
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,097
I don't get the no dirt road rule. The adventure / offroad is what sets us apart from other motorcycle interests. Otherwise, this thread could be on http://www.ohioriders.net.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783

ArmyJoe screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 06:24 AM
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #13269
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,015
Im all for eliminating rules. Like the one requiring pavement only
The rest of the rules are good as it stands.
dirt roads would open a bunch of new tag possibilities and there are almost noone who has gotten a tag in the last few years who wouldnt ride a couple miles on dirt to get a tag. I would guess most would prefer a few miles on dirt.

But I would much rather see no changes than make any other significant changes.

Ofcourse I got 2 tags last year and was Bruced 2 other times. So Im not a significant player.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #13270
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,319
I say "No dirt".

If this was allowed where would the line be placed? There are normal gravel roads that might work. And there are roads like Stone Quarry and Bats Nest that just aren't reasonable roads for tag locations. How would we specify what's allowed?

And basing decisions on who is currently playing seems sort of elitist. New players aren't welcome?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #13271
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I don't get the no dirt road rule. The adverture / offroad is what sets us apart from other motorcycle interests. Otherwise, this thread could be on http://www.ohioriders.net.
Really? So the guy doing the ride report on a Panigale should go away? What about the members spending time in the Road Warriors forum? Should they be told to depart?

"Adventure" is not just what you ride or where you ride.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #13272
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
I say "No dirt".

If this was allowed where would the line be placed? There are normal gravel roads that might work. And there are roads like Stone Quarry and Bats Nest that just aren't reasonable roads for tag locations. How would we specify what's allowed?

And basing decisions on who is currently playing seems sort of elitist. New players aren't welcome?
Good point of road quality. I dont have an answer for that. Even saying be reasonable is hard because someone on a wrr may not realize that the road is very difficult for a rider on a cruiser.

Players have come an gone but it seems the road only riders in this or the Ohio thread have always been very few and atleast it seems to me getting fewer. With the exception of a few extreme examples like mentioned above a competent rider can travel most dirt roads in Ohio with about any bike. So the only reason they would not would be because they did not want to get dirty. There are not even many places where you would have to ride more than a mile of gravel to get to. Even a tag on Bats Nest or Stone Quarry would be accessible in dry weather by most bikes. You dont have to tackle the hill.

Craig
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #13273
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Really? So the guy doing the ride report on a Panigale should go away? What about the members spending time in the Road Warriors forum? Should they be told to depart?

"Adventure" is not just what you ride or where you ride.
The guy riding the Panigale has not been afraid of a little dirt road.

Craig
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #13274
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,587
Geezus! All I suggested was for new tags to be placed in a different county not to re-write the f'ing rules. My thinking was it might help prevent the tag from stalling in the same 1 or 2 counties for 8 straight tags but in reality it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Carry on..........
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #13275
Just GO!
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
Tag.

Round Bottom Schoolhouse and Cemetery. Located between Beverly and Coal Run on SR60, Washington County, Ohio, USA, Earth.

Next tag up in a few minutes.