User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
khale OP
ride dirty

Oddometer: 555
1977 Husqvarna 250wr restoration

My father restored a 1977 Husqvarna 250WR that I gave him as a present earlier this year. This was the first time it was started since the restoration began (I had it running in 2011 and played in the dirt a little), so it took a little bit to get it going. The restoration took about a year. He timed the bike, tuned the carbs, NGK B8ES plug and I believe he is using Klotz bean oil. Still needs a little more tuning. He zinc plated some of the bolts and parts, and used stainless steel in other spots. This is a 100% restore all the way down to the factory stickers.
I think he did a pretty good job

khale screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 12:09 PM
khale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
CoyoteCowboy
Easily Distracted

Oddometer: 305
Sweet! I oughta get my 430 put back together one of these days (after I finish the 49 other bike and car projects I have first lmao)
Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
FJ_Kevin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post

My father restored a 1977 Husqvarna 250WR that I gave him as a present earlier this year. This was the first time it was started since the restoration began (I had it running in 2011 and played in the dirt a little), so it took a little bit to get it going. The restoration took about a year. He timed the bike, tuned the carbs, NGK B8ES plug and I believe he is using Klotz bean oil. Still needs a little more tuning. He zinc plated some of the bolts and parts, and used stainless steel in other spots. This is a 100% restore all the way down to the factory stickers.

Congratulations to your dad on a job well done! It really does look great!
Why don't you post the restoration photos? I would love to see them and am sure others would too.

My Vintage Husqvarna/Motocross Restoration Extravaganza Thread
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964670
FJ_Kevin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post

looks spot on. I remember that vintage Husky well with that shock mounting configuration. I always remember tickling the Bing and the little gas spurting out. nice job.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
Beautiful restoration. Looks amazing. What mixture are you using in it, and what size main jet?

I have had one of these since 2002 or so. Paid $300 for it. Does not look ANYTHING like that good, but all the parts are present and correct. Tickle the Bing 54, stand on the left side and kick! Two or three and the old girl bangs to life, puffing smoke and scaring wildlife.

Lots of memories on that bike, trail riding with a friend who is no longer on this earth. Still bring it out and ride it once in a while. Until seeing your picture, I really had no idea what it was supposed to look like. If I can find a shop that can fix the crease in the tank, I'd restore it.

Tinker1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
khale OP
ride dirty

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
Beautiful restoration. Looks amazing. What mixture are you using in it, and what size main jet?

I have had one of these since 2002 or so. Paid $300 for it. Does not look ANYTHING like that good, but all the parts are present and correct. Tickle the Bing 54, stand on the left side and kick! Two or three and the old girl bangs to life, puffing smoke and scaring wildlife.

Lots of memories on that bike, trail riding with a friend who is no longer on this earth. Still bring it out and ride it once in a while. Until seeing your picture, I really had no idea what it was supposed to look like. If I can find a shop that can fix the crease in the tank, I'd restore it.

Wow, that Husky has been through the ringer! Before the bike had been restored, it looked about like that, just not as worn down. Glad to hear she's still running and providing you with lots of fun!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
$300

She is a diamond in the rough for 300 bucks. Khale, your father did a great job on that Husky.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
labdog1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Nice job!!!! i have a 77' wr250 on it's way to hopfully that Nice!!!
labdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 AM   #9
rick danger
Off the wagon

Oddometer: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
tickling the Bing and the little gas spurting out. nice job.
Yeah, that's when I put on a lectron. Then it would actually start without rolling down a big hill

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote