Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #15256
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
I wasn't to happy about the BarkBuster mounts. So I threw more money at it!
I didn't like how the clutch cable had to go up and over and if you adjusted the clutch mount below it wasn't comfortable.
So I found some Moose racing mounts that you could buy separately.

Of course the brake side wasn't really a problem but I needed symmetry.

I need to find some better wind protection than the Barkbuster covers provide. Sometimes form doesn't provide function even with the little lip extensions in place.
Nice! I am going to have to get these as my set was not too special and I had to tweak the banjo bolt and release all of the adjustment in my clutch cable since it is kinked so bad. They do make a special set for the XC, but I don't know how you get them. I called Twisted Throttle before ordering them trying to make sure I would get the correct special set but they had no idea what I was trying to ask and so I just ordered them with my fingers crossed. Now I have to throw some money around to correct the problem. Thanks for finding the solution.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #15257
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekadet View Post
Those Moose mounts look really good. I just did a quick search for them and found loads of different types. Which model is the one you fitted?
I think I found it but it is only available for 7/8" bars... Is this what was used?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ard-Mount.aspx
Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #15258
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I think I found it but it is only available for 7/8" bars... Is this what was used?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ard-Mount.aspx
If you choose black color, it gives you the option for the 1 1/8 CR high bend for $43. Not sure if that would fit the bend of the 800 roadie bars though. I take it the xc and roadie have different bends?
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #15259
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Moose Racing Mod

Usually I save everything in a file that I have ordered for a bike but I can't find the model Moose I ordered.
This was for a 800 roadie. I don't know if the XC bars are different from the Roadie. I don't believe so.

I recall in my research that the Triumph handle bars are made my Nekken (French?). Probably someone out there could confirm that.

The clamp from Mooseracing.com (in silver) is:

Vzuke screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 05:01 PM Reason: spelling
Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #15260
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Great solution but damn thats pricey. $40 each.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #15261
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Likes like Cycra has their solution as well. And check out the dropdown box, they have a selection for Neken bars: http://store.cycraracing.com/uclhamos.html MSRP looks to be $45

Edit: And here they are $35 shipped if you have amazon prime. http://www.amazon.com/Cycra-Clamp-Se.../dp/B000I87E0S *disclaimer: no idea if these will work with the tiger :P

elan screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 09:33 AM
Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #15262
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Likes like Cycra has their solution as well. And check out the dropdown box, they have a selection for Neken bars: http://store.cycraracing.com/uclhamos.html MSRP looks to be $45

Edit: And here they are $35 shipped if you have amazon prime. http://www.amazon.com/Cycra-Clamp-Se.../dp/B000I87E0S *disclaimer: no idea if these will work with the tiger :P
I used these on my XC "Nekken" bend ...worked perfectly. They lined up 100%.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #15263
flyfishbc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Question Hiedenau k60s or Mitas E07s

Anybody tried both. Thinking about new tires for spring. The Mitas E07 s are cheaper and have read pretty good reviews on them. K60 s sound awesome, lots of you guys are running them, but Mitas tires are $240.00 for the pair and free shipping. Makes them attractive, but i want to make sure i'm getting good tires too.
flyfishbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #15264
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishbc View Post
Anybody tried both. Thinking about new tires for spring. The Mitas E07 s are cheaper and have read pretty good reviews on them. K60 s sound awesome, lots of you guys are running them, but Mitas tires are $240.00 for the pair and free shipping. Makes them attractive, but i want to make sure i'm getting good tires too.
Since you get free shipping from MX1 Canada, I would suggest going with the Mitas. Drif10 likes them a lot on his GS. The exorbitant cost to ship them to the USA is the reason I have not bought a set.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #15265
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
I used these on my XC "Nekken" bend ...worked perfectly. They lined up 100%.
Which handguards did you use with these? The stock XC ones?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #15266
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Which handguards did you use with these? The stock XC ones?
Cycra

Mitas E07....awesome tire! Got 8000 miles on my rear with about 80/20 street /dirt.Probably get another 1k before installing another E07 + the burnout I did last ride didn't help the wear either
For 50/50 tire very hard to beat. We just shipped a Pallett of Mitas tires to Florida & MX1 were great to deal with. I was first introduced to Mitas in S Africa last year....everyone in Africa is running these or the E09's on the big Adv bikes
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #15267
flyfishbc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
thanks for the feedback on the tires. if you could get the heidenau tires for the same price, which would you choose. My brother can get them for me at wholesale, making the price pretty close.
flyfishbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 AM   #15268
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishbc View Post
thanks for the feedback on the tires. if you could get the heidenau tires for the same price, which would you choose. My brother can get them for me at wholesale, making the price pretty close.
I'm no tyre expert but I have put over 20000kms (somewhere over 12k miles) and I still had thousands to go. I've had the stockers, the heidinau's and two sets of Dunlop D606 and they're all good for some things and not so good for others.

I think at this point you need to flip a coin and try a set. If you don't like em, get the others next time.

With all due respect to all the well-meaning and experienced riders on here, nobody can tell you which tyre you will like most for your riding, roads, weather, and load. All you get online is massive OMG THOSE ARE CRAP or not. And even one case where there was an outcry about a type on the Husabergs being crappy, a guy I think rides his a lot more and better than I do disagrees and says they do fine. Go figure.

The safest bet is, barring any outcry of problems, don't fit, or something else you hate like say they wear too fast perhaps... just pick the one you feel has the best karma and only then will you learn how it suits you. And it's only a set of tyres, the most changeable part of a bike!

I see good things on both here, so knock yourself out. Try your brother's sweet deal and then if you don't like 'em you're not out as much.

That's the only answer I've ever come up with on tyres -- get the big issues checked out online or with mates, sure, then go do them yourself and you can lecture the next guy on whay this tyre is superior for this blah blah blah

Good luck. You have an awesome bike to play with tyres on!

Chris
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #15269
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Cycra

So I walk into Scotty's Dirt Bike Spares (Ringwood Victoria) today to check on a spare shifter lever for my berg. I look on the effing wall and BLAMMO he's got the Cycra taper mounts right there. feck me swingin' if I didn't buy them on the spot.

Now it's just in the "find the time" bucket as I have a full few days at the moment but I held it next to my stock mount and barring the taper being wrong in the wrong spot, they look like they will do nicely. I will have to (happily) re-vise the bars but that should also mean I can get more adjustment back too!

Thweet.
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #15270
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
That's the only answer I've ever come up with on tyres -- get the big issues checked out online or with mates, sure, then go do them yourself and you can lecture the next guy on why this tyre is superior for this blah blah blah
Quite agree. Go get your cash out and try them yourself.

Quote:
Mitas E07....awesome tire! Got 8000 miles on my rear with about 80/20 street /dirt.Probably get another 1k before installing another E07 + the burnout I did last ride didn't help the wear either
For 50/50 tire very hard to beat. We just shipped a Pallett of Mitas tires to Florida & MX1 were great to deal with. I was first introduced to Mitas in S Africa last year....everyone in Africa is running these or the E09's on the big Adv bikes
The question I want answered is :- are the Mitas rears any easier to fit than the Heidenaus.
The heidis are a BASTARD and I dread getting a flat in the middle of nowhere. Although, having said that, I reckon they're so stiff you could ride out of trouble.

Another thing...................has anyone experienced cracking on these tyres as in this thread? http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...e-safety-50899 Or have they cured the problem?

blacktiger screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 03:48 AM
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote