User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
stretch160 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
two CB350s followed me home

I picked up these two cute CB350s over the weekend. One has a clean title and runs, but the other on has significantly less rust. I have a hundred ideas about what I might want to do with both of them but it will take me some time to find a direction.
I have named these bikes Summer and Season after a couple of identical twins I went to highschool with. (because the bikes are identical and twins) For the time being the plan is to swap the running engine into the bike that looks like it has had a pampered life out of the weather. This will alow me to ride one while I strip and repaint the titled frame, and begin my build which will include more modern suspension and brakes.
stretch160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
lake_harley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Nice pair. I looked for months for one decent, not outrageously priced CB350 and you find two. Have fun with them. Post pictures and updates along the way.

BTW....I recently acquired two GS450 Suzukis, so I'm not really complaining.

Lynn
IBA Member #49541
lake_harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
stretch160 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Work has finaly begun on my new toy. my direction has changed and I have started to just move the nicer parts to the titled bike. I now plan a restoration/restification project for the titled bike (Summer)
yesterday she recieved new shocks, headlight bucket, rear fender and taillight from the parts bike. as well as a new temporary chain (there is a 520 xring conversion in the works) and some new mufflers.

Already a big improvement. I found the high beem indicator on ebay.
The crusty wheels will be replaced by the not so crusty wheels from the parts bike once I replace the bearings, tires, rimstraps and tubes.
The swing arm and forks will also be replaced by parts from the parts bike in the near future. I also got around to registering the bike today.
I will definately need to cut down those universal muffler mounting brackets.

stretch160 screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 08:47 PM
stretch160 is offline   Reply With Quote