User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #1651
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Good luck bro!!

Be sure to keep us updated, your loyal minions await!!LOL!! :)
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #1652
CatNeville
Scorpiogirl

Oddometer: 33
Laugh Way to goooo

Great news, can't wait to read about your new trip!

Many adventures ahead! :)))

Keep us updated!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #1653
D-RAIL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Good on ya Mate!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #1654
Hevy Kevy
ADDRider

Oddometer: 179
Happy New Year!!
Hevy Kevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #1655
Pesqueeb
Bacon is a fad.

Oddometer: 49
Jan 16th? I eagerly anticipate the shenanigans!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #1656
stereojohn
n00b

Oddometer: 1
glad you're going off again.

SWAGMAN is floating high and comfy in her slip in La Paz, BCS. Been hanging around here for about 6 weeks now and loving it. The islands and fishing villages around here are wonderful. The people are very friendly and I'm having a ball. The big GS is gone to a new owner and the cruising is good aboard. If you stay in Oz for a while, I'll catch up. Going to try to head out across the Pacific in a few months. La Paz is heavenly and the fish tacos are amazing. I've eaten so many that I'm growing scales-- and I don't care. Be safe and have fun on the new adventure. I'll follow along whenever I have internet and drop a line when I can. Big John
stereojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #1657
ShaneBaby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr View Post
Hey Al - good luck with the trip. Apologies if this is all 205 but be aware that over here, the licensing laws vary from state to state and your visa type may determine what type of licensing laws apply to your circs. Just some thoughts.
Im kiwi new to advrider but just so you know, I had more success transfering my truck license in QLD than in NSW I think QLD is more relaxed, Go in to a little back water RTA office and tell them you want a full bike/car license and a HC truck license, More than welcome to use my queensland address for licensing purposes if you like I will forward any mail to you
ShaneBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #1658
zoro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Big Al, if you need a place to stay when your up my way let me know. Plenty of room here.
zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #1659
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post
Big Al, if you need a place to stay when your up my way let me know. Plenty of room here.

Always nice when strangers across the world offer you a place to stay when solely basing their information about the person as "another motorcyclist".

Good on you. I've had quite a few invitations over the years and although I didn't take anybody up on it (yet), it's always really appreciated.

Can't wait for the new ride report, Al!
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #1660
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Have fun

Hey Big Al, I'm glad you're heading out again, I look forward to your RR, we enjoyed the last one so much we are re-creating it right now (see blog link below). I'm sorry we never got to meet when we were both in Seattle. Donn and Deby
donnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #1661
JakeS
Yup

Oddometer: 467
Al
I finally finished it up. You did a great job on the RR and that was one hell of an adventure for sure. I did find it funny that you and Tom never met back up in SA, i don't know if i would leave my riding partner that far from home. But then again I wasnt in that situation. Again, good job and cant wait for the next one.
Jake
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #1662
RobBD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
A beer and bed here in the West Al keep us all posted of your travels
RobBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #1663
AXL Stubbs
Jesk Dockie

Oddometer: 7
Great RR!

This has been a most entertaining read!! Like a few others, I read in a few intense marathon sessions. I should get a custom made racing saddle for my office desk

I'm looking forward to the next phase to begin in a few days but I think you should leave it on the same thread. I wanna see you hit 1mil views!!
AXL Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #1664
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Big John! I wondered where you might be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereojohn View Post
SWAGMAN is floating high and comfy in her slip in La Paz, BCS. Been hanging around here for about 6 weeks now and loving it. The islands and fishing villages around here are wonderful. The people are very friendly and I'm having a ball. The big GS is gone to a new owner and the cruising is good aboard. If you stay in Oz for a while, I'll catch up. Going to try to head out across the Pacific in a few months. La Paz is heavenly and the fish tacos are amazing. I've eaten so many that I'm growing scales-- and I don't care. Be safe and have fun on the new adventure. I'll follow along whenever I have internet and drop a line when I can. Big John
Excellent news amigo. Good to hear that your having a good time and enjoying your new lifestyle! How long does it take to get across the Pacific? I can't imagine that you'd make it to Australia inside the next year; something else will keep you busy! Thanks for the heads up dude!

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #1665
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DirtyGS View Post
Al
I finally finished it up. You did a great job on the RR and that was one hell of an adventure for sure. I did find it funny that you and Tom never met back up in SA, i don't know if i would leave my riding partner that far from home. But then again I wasnt in that situation. Again, good job and cant wait for the next one.
Jake
Waiting 40 days for me to get out of Ecuador, or for me to finish my 30 day visit with Kristi was never on the prep list for the Adventure that Tom and I planned while we were living and working in Alaska. If either of us had felt indebted to each other, I don't imagine that we would have ever departed. It was a jointly separate adventure that we tackled together. For that reason, we were always able to have a great time regardless, as we were able to operate individually. It was awesome.

This time however, Kristi and I are most definitely on the same schedule, and depend on each other to kick ass together. It will also be awesome.

Thanks for reading the ride report man!

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote