Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #3061
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
And Vic that vid looks like Georgia . I'm shootin for Tree Man. Ever done it?
Yes I have been the last two years. Last year is where I rode my first 5hunny. Bought mine as soon as I could find one...

Hope to see you there. It a great ride. I will be in camper up by the tree line.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #3062
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
Yea been out once a week for the last 3 weeks. I think I'll go 45 min inland and ride the Ocala National Forest tomorrow or Fri. I do enjoy seeing everyone pix. Here is one from my last ride. Wandering Wiregrass Trail - south ONF.

The snow pix are make me go . Wonder how much it's like sand? I would guess a whole lot of .

Typical winter swamp pix.
And Vic that vid looks like Georgia . I'm shootin for Tree Man. Ever done it?
Hey ColemanFu

Yeah I made quite a few snow angels but it's still fun and soft when you land. Snow riding IS like riding in sand. Warm weather all year round would be great for riding but we make do, and on a nice day it's really beautiful in the mountains.

Garrett
Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #3063
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

AW
Sucks your bike isn't running right. My dealer remapped the ECU on my bike to the XCW fuel map before I took delivery. It runs really well, no complaints at all. He also removed a baffle in the stock muffler to let it flow better. I have no need to do anything else to the bike to increase power or to make it run right. I'm fortunate this guy knows his stuff.

Once you get it done hopefully you'll start enjoying the bike.

Good luck Man.

Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgie View Post
Am I the only one not thrilled with the 500 EXC? So far I've had two ruptured fuel ines (ended up replacing the stock FI line with Gates FI line and a Golan filter). And I'll be damned if I can't keep the bike from flaming out and stalling, so far I've removed all of the smog equipment, put an FMF Q silencer on, and have added a JD Jetting 6X tuner...and this bike refuses to run right at low RPM's. I've had a couple of near get offs when approaching gnarly g-outs, crack the throttle and the bike bogs or just plain flames out. I've ridden Yamaha WR's for the past ten years and those didn't take near the work to get them to run right.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #3064
Atomic Wedgie
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
AW
Sucks your bike isn't running right. My dealer remapped the ECU on my bike to the XCW fuel map before I took delivery. It runs really well, no complaints at all. He also removed a baffle in the stock muffler to let it flow better. I have no need to do anything else to the bike to increase power or to make it run right. I'm fortunate this guy knows his stuff.

Once you get it done hopefully you'll start enjoying the bike.

Good luck Man.

Garrett
Took it to a shop to get the ECU remapped today, hopefully I'll get it back by the weekend. Out here in California not every dealer will do the remap or even touch the smog equipment. I actually like the mellow hit of the bike, just hate the constant flame outs.
Atomic Wedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #3065
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgie View Post
Took it to a shop to get the ECU remapped today, hopefully I'll get it back by the weekend. Out here in California not every dealer will do the remap or even touch the smog equipment. I actually like the mellow hit of the bike, just hate the constant flame outs.
I don't fit it hits at all until you crack the throttle. I was riding a 690 which had a jerky touchy throttle so the 500 is not bad at all. I really like the power delivery of the bike. Gear it down, if you haven't already, and the bike is really nice on the trails. it tractors nicely so wacking the gas on the trails isn't neccessary but she goes when you tell her too.

Have fun, glad you got it mapped.

Garrett
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #3066
Harley Beemer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Garrett,

What gearing do you have for trail work?

I have 14/50 but thinking of going lower. Have only ridden the new 500 on the street so far.

Have a 52 ready to try.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #3067
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Beemer View Post
Garrett,

I have 14/50 but thinking of going lower. Have only ridden the new 500 on the street so far.

Have a 52 ready to try.
Running 13/50. Plenty low.
avconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #3068
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Beemer View Post
Garrett,

Have a 52 ready to try.
14 &50. I was thinking of trying lower as well but I want to ride it some more. It doesn`t lack for power but I`d like a little more snap off the bottom without revving too much. I still need to get used to it before I make any more changes. Wheelspin because of the snow is probably why I`m thinking its not snappy enough right off the bottom so I`m going to wait for dry conditions.

52 might be fun if you were doing lots of hill climbing or really tight single track.

Garrett
Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #3069
Taurkon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Well, the Calgary bike show is this weekend and I am torn between going or not. If I go, I will be hard pressed not to pick up a 350 EXC and 500 EXC for the wife and I.

Garrett, to you haul your 500 to McLean or your fav. riding area or ride? I'm currently about 40km from McLean and not sure I'd want to ride there and back; don't mind the extra 10 minutes it takes to load the Husaberg TE and truck it. I'm thinking 500 for dual sport riding in Idaho and the interior of BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
Yesterday and the day before a group of buds got out on our bikes with studded tires and enjoyed some spectacular winter riding west of Calgary here in Alberta.
My buddy Andy "likes" my 500 a bit too much. It was a little awkward...

SeatConcepts seat is a must!

We took a break on this frozen river, it was like a curling rink and really slippery.

The 500 ran flawlessly and winter riding is a blast. I'm going out again next weekend as long as it doesn't get too cold. Today was about -8 celcius. we were riding in areas that you can't ride in summer, marshy bogs and steep slick hills are frozen and easy to navigate with the studs and the 500 tractors really well. I'm still getting to know the bike so I haven't done any suspension setup yet. I'm thinking the bike would benefit from a steering damper as it's quick and light to steer. I ended up making 4 or 5 inadvertant "snow angels" over the last 2 days but it's good fun!

Garrett

2007 KTM 300 XCW

Taurkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #3070
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
Well, the Calgary bike show is this weekend and I am torn between going or not. If I go, I will be hard pressed not to pick up a 350 EXC and 500 EXC for the wife and I.

Garrett, to you haul your 500 to McLean or your fav. riding area or ride? I'm currently about 40km from McLean and not sure I'd want to ride there and back; don't mind the extra 10 minutes it takes to load the Husaberg TE and truck it. I'm thinking 500 for dual sport riding in Idaho and the interior of BC.
Taurkon
I trailer my bike there. The ride out would not be good for the studs, and I'd be frozen stiff by the time I got there. I stay warm on te trails but a road ride at 0 degrees is cold. So far, we've only been to Ghost/Waiparous area as McLean is closed to motorcycles for the winter. I must admit I'm trailering more now as riding home after a dirt ride is a bit of a drag. I think I'll be getting a pick up for my bike towards the fall.

Garrett
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #3071
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,224
Anyone make replacement plastics for the 500 EXC in colors other than orange?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #3072
Cyberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post

KTM makes a white kit. I had it on one of mine with a 2012 6 days sticker kit.
Cyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #3073
hoss314
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Bought all black Acerbis kit from Rocky Mountain ATV

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #3074
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberg View Post
KTM makes a white kit. I had it on one of mine with a 2012 6 days sticker kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss314 View Post
Bought all black Acerbis kit from Rocky Mountain ATV

Any pix possible of the transformations? I like the bike but just never been into the color orange.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #3075
hoss314
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Any pix possible of the transformations? I like the bike but just never been into the color orange.
Not into the Orange either....