Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
F_Sahms
mostly paved

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZRider View Post
Isn't that black oxide, Fred? Most places that do zinc and cad, do black oxide as well.
The black oxide I know rusts in a second and has a matt finish. Guzzi bolts on some of the Le Mans bikes were this dark green, not matt finish. Yamaha uses something similar.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #17
woodly1069 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,630
Well I got all my stuff back the other day and overall it looks pretty nice, not chrome but definitely better than what I started with! I used Arrow in Ft. Worth and overall am pretty happy. I will say that I sent in a bunch of the old wave washers that were kinda thin to begin with but about 1/3 of them came back broken in half. They were plated that way...It seems that the acid they use to prep them ate them in half!

Then they plated them right along with everything else. Anyway, I spoke with them about it and they made good on it so it's OK. I would just suggest that if you have something irreplaceable and OLD you may want to think twice about the process in general! Just thought that may help someone else along the way...
Old 02-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #18
F_Sahms
mostly paved

Oddometer: 314
Those Schnoor washers are technically one-time-use anyway, and were probably black to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodly1069 View Post
Well I got all my stuff back the other day and overall it looks pretty nice, not chrome but definitely better than what I started with! I used Arrow in Ft. Worth and overall am pretty happy. I will say that I sent in a bunch of the old wave washers that were kinda thin to begin with but about 1/3 of them came back broken in half. They were plated that way...It seems that the acid they use to prep them ate them in half!

Then they plated them right along with everything else. Anyway, I spoke with them about it and they made good on it so it's OK. I would just suggest that if you have something irreplaceable and OLD you may want to think twice about the process in general! Just thought that may help someone else along the way...