Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #46
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 214
Most of us on this adv site, have gone above and beyond that of an average rider to acquire knowledge of riding, equipment, function etc etc. We read article to share/learn from others experience. I'd like to share my opinion of the statement..I never saw him. This is from a Californian point of view (Southern Cal to be specific).

Drivers these days are F.O.S and rude. They are always in a hurry and don't think twice about cutting each other off. Weather I am on my Street bike/dual sport/Harley or Bicycle, people look DIRECTLY at me..hesitate and then accelerate into a left or right turn right in front of me. Now this is only my opinion and of course there are some cases where they may not see us. But for the most part, I always assume that the driver is going to attempt the most idiotic/stupid move in front of me and I make a plan to avoid them. I trust no one on the freeway and maneuver through traffic on the freeway.

On that same note, I don't have loud ass pipes, I don't piss people off by doing some squid move or act like a jerk on any of my bikes. I try to be an ambassador for us all, so that maybe they (the cagers) will remember 1 good guy on a motorcycle and will pass a polite move on to the next rider/biker.

Thanks to the OP for his info. I am going to purchase two back protectors. One for myTourmaster dual sport jacket and one for my Tourmaster Flex. Also gonna check if a modulating head light is good for my HD Ultra Classic.
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote