User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Duelsporter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Got the low bars installed yesterday (Bikemaster Euro bend). They don't look all that much lower in the pictures, but when you look at the bars side-by-side, you can see how much higher the stock bars were. Had a couple of issues. I ordered shims for the bar clamps, but I didn't realize the clutch and front brake perch were on the 1" diameter portion of the stock bars. I thought all the controls were on the 7/8" diameter portion. So I had to go to the local bicycle shop to buy some more shims for the perches. After getting everything installed, the throttle was sticky -- not readily springing back to the closed position. The problem turned out to be the now extra length of the stock throttle cables. I experimented with the positioning of the cables to make them operate more smoothly. Here's how the bars look on the bike:

The shims for the bar clamps (trimmed to the proper width):

The mirrors (which aren't all that great on the stock bars) now showed my nothing but my arms and shoulders. Used some E-Bay billet mirror extenders which reposition the mirrors up 1" and out 2" or so. Much better view now.

Lastly, I installed new Progrip model 714 grips.

Overall, I'm very happy with the results. About $50.00 for the whole setup - much less $ than the Kawasaki low-bar kit from Europe.
79 Honda CBX
82 Honda CB900F

Duelsporter screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 01:57 PM
Duelsporter is offline   Reply With Quote