ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #55651
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,621
But when I break my frame you'll be my number one dude, then Shawn number 2 (I assume you were talking about Shawn?)

Nope,not Shawn. This guy went to the Lincon factory to take the class. (Why can`t I spell that right? Like the 16th Pres.)
Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #55652
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Those are the infamous "buckles get stuck" boots. If you can tolerate that, they are fine. Just don't try to pry them off with a screwdriver, it ends poorly. I leave mine in the buckle and just unlatch and wiggle my foot out.
Meh. I already have FLY MX boots...I need to get something waterproof...

I should prob buy some heated gear first.....

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #55653
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
But when I break my frame you'll be my number one dude, then Shawn number 2 (I assume you were talking about Shawn?)

Nope,not Shawn. This guy went to the Lincon factory to take the class. (Why can`t I spell that right? Like the 16th Pres.)
I was there a few weeks ago for the robotics class, but i didn' t get a robot...
Rats...

Lincoln is just down the street from my workplace, dig that windmill, Jack.

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #55654
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post

I was totally lovin' my 'lectric glove liners today...wish I'd had them on your dual sport ride last month

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #55655
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,135
i was eying some gerbings today. Hard to justify when my scoots are just hanging out in my garage

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #55656
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Yep, sounds like thats your problem. 4 stroke bog on a slide carb. Could be the ap spring being inconsistent also,they're known to do that. The collective info on it is to install a merge racing ap spring and retune the ap so it runs consistent. There's other mods to get rid of it,but none are as permanent or reliable as the spring.

http://www.mxrob.com/FCR_Install.htm. it's that's the bottom,about 1/3 of the way up. In short,take the carb off,fill the bowl,remove the cable cover, I removed the top cover and used the arm there to turn the throttle instead of the actual throttle wheel. Just lift the slide quick (pressure valve wont allow fuel to shoot if its too slow) and watch the fuel stream. You want it to barely miss the slide. You can adjust the screw on the arm that the throttle wheel contacts. Cant recall which way was to advance or retard it though. Or you can half ass it by leaving it on and just getting to the screw by the cables. IIRC a quarter turn was a good amount when it got close.

Amazing carbs with tons of features and adjustments, unfortunately thats also their downfall when one goes wrong,needs serviced,or you just want something simple. I swapped my dr650 over to one,modded it to fit and use the vac petcock too...I'll be damned if I ever put the stock carb back on now.
Thanks. I should have watched the youtube videos and read up on the carb. before I pulled it off. Owell I have to put a new throttle cable on so I will play with the carb. then. It does have a bunch of stuff to fine tune like you said but it looks like a bunch of stuff to get out of ajustment on a old carb. You dont have a extra throttle cable you want to sell do you?
On a good note the fuel petcock was leaking but I had a Blaster gas tank in the shed that uses the same guts as the WR does so I got the leaking petcock fixed.
alansz400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #55657
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:

I bought Kyle a pair he has wore them a few times and hasn't complained about the buckles. I am not sure about then being waterproof mine are a few years old and my feet get wet. I did score a used pair of Tech 2 on ebay before xmas to replace my other pair that have holes in the soles from my foot pegs.

Heated jackets are great. Buy it to mow in and write it off.
alansz400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #55658
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I drive down the street and give the dude at the weld shop $10.

He does the rest.

Although now that I know Alan has several welders and appears to have plenty of time on his hands, I might just save myself the $10.

Did you crash anyone's party New Years eve?
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #55659
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,953
Quote:
Just don't try to pry them off with a screwdriver, it ends poorly.

Making fun of me?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #55660
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
The Alpinestars Scout WP boots are on my list. They have a high user rating, you can actually walk in them, and they'll fit under jeans, if you want to go casual.

PS - I would have provided a link to Iron Pony, but they didn't appear to carry them.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #55661
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post

Did you crash anyone's party New Years eve?
Although I did not arrest her (conflict of interest so the highway patrol got her), the DUI that blew a stop sign and hit me while I was on duty New Years Eve got arrested. 4 times the per se limit for alcohol. Does that count?

Anymore, New Years Eve is really a lot more quiet that most people think. I actually don't think we had any fight or party calls... people pretty much know there is a massive police presence and they will get pulled over for damn near anything. We are lot more busy on a typical night than we are on New Years.

A funny story about New Years, back in 1998 as it was rolling over to 1999, a guy I used to work with got on the radio and yelled: "99!!!!!!".

Upon hearing this, half the other guys working were on the radio: "Woo hoo, 1999! Happy New Year! Yeah, '99!!!!!!!!!"... that bullshit for like a minute straight. As soon as there was a break in the radio traffic, the original guy gets back on and he's screaming: "Everyone shut up, I got a Signal 99 (signal for emergency traffic only) with shots fired!!!!!!!!".

Oooooops. Turned out okay. Not funny then; but funny now.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #55662
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
The Alpinestars Scout WP boots are on my list. They have a high user rating, you can actually walk in them, and they'll fit under jeans, if you want to go casual.

PS - I would have provided a link to Iron Pony, but they didn't appear to carry them.
I have these. I think I have previously responded to a comment you made about them.

Good boots but they will not fit under jeans comfortably. They are tall and bulky, though quite light, comfortable, and waterproof.

The buckles get dirt up in them and have a hard time latching, you need to keep them clean.

Revzilla or New Enough has them for $249 shipped.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #55663
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
I have these. I think I have previously responded to a comment you made about them.

Good boots but they will not fit under jeans comfortably. They are tall and bulky, though quite light, comfortable, and waterproof.

The buckles get dirt up in them and have a hard time latching, you need to keep them clean.

I'll 2nd the Scouts. Like 'em a bunch. As Mark said, walkable and waterproof. I purchased the only pair IP had. Not sure why they had them, but they're not something they carry.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #55664
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Quote:
Those are the infamous "buckles get stuck" boots. If you can tolerate that, they are fine. Just don't try to pry them off with a screwdriver, it ends poorly. I leave mine in the buckle and just unlatch and wiggle my foot out.
I most not be using them right ... mine haven't done this.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #55665
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Quote:

Oh ... Mark must be wearing those oh-so-stylish 'skinny' jeans ... the boots fit under mine.