Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #51241
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by super samurai View Post

Is this how it goes?
Looks right to me. I put mine just a tad lower than you did, as far down on the "solid" part of the fork as possible.

Mine doesn't have fork boots, but most others with them said that they either have to push them up and they look scrunched, or they cut them shorter. I just have some cheap fork skins on mine to protect the seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Yes. But are you fat at idle or on the main?

Try 55/155
Hmm, I guess I haven't figured out if it's at idle or main.

I just remembered that the mixture seemed to be better when I wasn't running the exhaust insert, so I pulled it back out, and I re-adjusted the mixture screw back to 2-1/2 turns out. I'll try that again and work from there. There was a lot of black build-up in and around the insert when I pulled it.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #51242
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 620

I rode a friends KTM 450 with a Rekluse in it, It's nice but like I told him I prefer the hands on clutch on a motorcycle but I wouldn't mind having one for when I hit the snow! now if there was a way to flip a lever and have it one way or the other I would get one.
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #51243
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoXR View Post

I rode a friends KTM 450 with a Rekluse in it, It's nice but like I told him I prefer the hands on clutch on a motorcycle but I wouldn't mind having one for when I hit the snow! now if there was a way to flip a lever and have it one way or the other I would get one.
thanks, it just seems wierd to have the nodular section showing where the boot covered. once i wash it it will look fine and i will forget what it used to look like?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #51244
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,290
Originally Posted by Walterxr650l
How many times have you actually had a front tire flat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
two in the last few months, on dirt. One while in a turn and lost the bike. Apparently in my buddy's mirror it was a spectacular yard sale.
Yikes, Jeremy! In the last year I had one and one of my riding friends had one. It's going to happen when riding in these rock gardens around here. Fortunately neither of us lost it. It just felt funny, sorta like just the front wheel is riding in sand.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #51245
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by super samurai View Post
thanks, it just seems wierd to have the nodular section showing where the boot covered. once i wash it it will look fine and i will forget what it used to look like?
I still cringe just a little every time I look at the bike because I really liked the look of the extended boots, I keep telling myself "function before form"!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #51246
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
I still cringe just a little every time I look at the bike because I really liked the look of the extended boots, I keep telling myself "function before form"!
Man, you guys whine alot about how your bikes look... have you seen mine???

It isn't pretty, but most of that isn't my fault. It's 20 years old, has 26k miles, and the previous owner painted all of the white plastics black and removed the fork boots. Plus the yellowing old clark tank.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #51247
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Yikes, Jeremy! In the last year I had one and one of my riding friends had one. It's going to happen when riding in these rock gardens around here. Fortunately neither of us lost it. It just felt funny, sorta like just the front wheel is riding in sand.
in fact, the only two dirt flats I've had (in not much riding time or miles) with the same guy, the only two times we've ridden together, in two different countries.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #51248
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

This stator with this R/R.... right?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #51249
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:

Not sure the Revloc works like a Rekluse, but with the Rekluse the clutch works the same. You have manual control.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #51250
flyingwombat
frozen dead guy

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Electrosport? I have heard a lot of bad things about them. I'm too lazy to look up the part number right now but you can get an OEM Honda stator. That's a great R/R.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #51251
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat View Post
electrosport? I have heard a lot of bad things about them. I'm too lazy to look up the part number right now but you can get an oem honda stator. That's a great r/r.
went looking for the VT700/750 stator. OEM isn't available anymore.

beechum1 screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 11:07 PM
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #51252
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Why are changing stator and RR? I have a oem stotor and RR if you need them? I bought them when I was having electrical issues. After replaces the stator and RR it turned out to be a bad frame ground was causing my issues. I love replacing perfectly good parts.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #51253
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Quote:
Yep on the R/R,

I don't think that is the right stator that you posted though...
that one might fit but It might only be rated for 200w instead of the one I got which is rated 300-320w,

I bought a new/rewound stator from
Ricks Motorsport electrics Inc, for $140.00 OTD, part# 21-119.(it fits a few different bikes-some are 1984-87 Honda VF700C Magna).

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/...RIb25WRjcwMEM=

should be Honda part no. 31120-MK3-004, or 31120-MB1-024,(one part number supersedes the other)

Wait a sec? Did you not get that PM I sent you? or are you just double checking with the rest of the crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Not sure the Revloc works like a Rekluse, but with the Rekluse the clutch works the same. You have manual control.
well, mostly,..."you can can still “feed”, “fan”, “slip” or “pop” the clutch and do motocross style starts" but it's still not a "direct link" if you will,(barring clutch slip) , you can't bump start the bike without making a adjustment to the clutch which some models requires tools and then make another adjustment to continue riding once the engine fires(which is something to think about on a electric start bike and your battery goes dead) and if you stall on a hill the bike free rolls,(hence one of the reasons why the bar mount rear brake is popular and yes A bike can and does stall even with the Rekluse), more then likely I would be completely happy with a Rekluse and knowing me I would keep the clutch lever active and add a rear brake lever kit(If Rekluse ever makes one for our bikes), when I typed the previous post I had forgotten that the Rekluse had that ability, the guy with the Rekluse in his KTM 450 didn't have any clutch lever set up, he had it set for the rear brake,
another positive aspect to the Rekluse is it will make your counter shaft last longer by reducing shock loads.

KyoXR screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 02:09 AM
Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #51254
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
in fact, the only two dirt flats I've had (in not much riding time or miles) with the same guy, the only two times we've ridden together, in two different countries.
Stop rubbing it in
You know how thrilled I'd be to join you on a ride in Mexico.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #51255
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
Man, you guys whine alot about how your bikes look... have you seen mine???

It isn't pretty, but most of that isn't my fault. It's 20 years old, has 26k miles, and the previous owner painted all of the white plastics black and removed the fork boots. Plus the yellowing old clark tank.
It's pretty enough, I'm sure. If you ride fast, it doesn't make much difference, as those guys won't get much chance to look at your bike!
At any rate, I'm sure it's as pretty as Bryce's, and look at what his is doing for him.