Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 02:28 PM   #166
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
I hear ya....but it will be difficult finding another location...maybe the under side??
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #167
easy_rider_77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Can someone post a pic of what the rack looks like on the bike without the jesses??
easy_rider_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #168
soph9
Bike Addict

Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #169
easy_rider_77
Adventurer

Thanks!!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #170
soph9
Bike Addict

Jesse's on the Tiger

The 10 inch Odysseys look great on our loaned Tigers for our last trip.

Al Jesse made some cool custom mounts too

Old 06-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #171
easy_rider_77
Adventurer

jesse & givi

Just picked up a set of 9inch safaris from a fellow inmate. Just wondering if anyone is running with a Givi Monokey topbox. If so, is there sufficient clearance to open the lids on the jesses without it hitting the topbox??
I have a Givi Monolock and it works fine, but wondering if I should get a Monokey....
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #172
easy_rider_77
Adventurer

Here are pics of the Jesses with the Givi Monolock box....

Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #173
soph9
Bike Addict

Looks good!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #174
soph9
Bike Addict

We used to own 650's now we have 800's

with the same Jesse bags we had on our 650's. Recycled them and installed the Safari's on our 800's now...still love the Jesse bags..

Painted the mounts and look as good as new

Have them Cheryl's white 800 too

Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #175
CrustyOldFart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
jesse top box

Leslie,
Couple questions re the Jesse top case: 1) how is it commuting with the 40L (or is it 45L?) Top box, does it drag much and how is ride wt balance feel with about a laptop case full of weight in it; and 2) from your posts it doesn't seem like you do much two-up riding but do you have a sense if a passenger would comfortably fit in front of that case or would it be too crowded for a comfortable passenger ride? Ok one last question, what is the color of your cases? It looks good on your Kalamata, seems they're black but wasn't sure if that's some off-black color. Ive just got a deposit down on a new Kalamata and appreciate all the experience you share in your posts about the GS bikes.
Thanks,
Crusty Steve
CrustyOldFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #176
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyOldFart View Post
Leslie,
Couple questions re the Jesse top case: 1) how is it commuting with the 40L (or is it 45L?) Top box, does it drag much and how is ride wt balance feel with about a laptop case full of weight in it; and 2) from your posts it doesn't seem like you do much two-up riding but do you have a sense if a passenger would comfortably fit in front of that case or would it be too crowded for a comfortable passenger ride? Ok one last question, what is the color of your cases? It looks good on your Kalamata, seems they're black but wasn't sure if that's some off-black color. Ive just got a deposit down on a new Kalamata and appreciate all the experience you share in your posts about the GS bikes.
Thanks,
Crusty Steve
Hey Steve, can't tell you about the jesse boxes but about the Touratech top case. It's (I suppose) like the Jesse one 38l, aluminium. If it can help you I'll share my experience with it:
1. I don't feel the drag whilst commuting with it, and what ever the load is, it's not an handicap (empty, half full, full, full with something strapped on it).
2. I often ride 2 up and my passengers usually love the top case. They don't even need to hold themselfs to the passenger bars and are more relaxed (especially whilst overtaking because of the acceleration). Anyway I know my girlfriend sometimes says that it vibrates a bit but nothing a cussion (pillow?) couldn't take care of.

hope this helps :o) and of course welcome to the asylum!
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #177
vtbob
wanderer

Oddometer: 526
Steve,

I have the large Odssey top box on my f650gs. the top box produced less drag than my 10 inch Odessey saddle boxes...a lot less. I often carry up to about 25lbs in the top box....it does not seem to bother evan at speed of a 100 or so.

Having said all this being ok, I fave to note that puting weight up high behind the rear axles is the worst place to put it on a motorcycle.

This just points I don't always practice what I preach.

ps You have a fair amount of flexibility on how forward or how far back you mount your Jesse top box. I very seldom carry a passenge so mine is more forward.

I don't think you can go wrong with Jesse stuff tough and dry
vtbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #178
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
Leslie,
Thanks,
Crusty Steve
Steve I will answer your questions in a bit just got home from work.....
Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #179
CrustyOldFart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Thanks for feedback, that pretty much puts my mind to rest. I have one of those large Swiss Army looking lap-top back packs for my 17-inch work lap top that I went by the dealer with and and it wouldn't fit in the vario top box, or it at all at least not without a lot of cramming to the point I'd be worried about breaking it. It may fit in the side vario expanded (didn't try it) but not crazy about side opening boxes. Looks like it'd be an easy fit in the Jesses, I'd rather not have to wear it for long commute. I also like the idea of option for storing helmet too. Dealer is willing to give me 100s $ off of either sets of BMW cases though, so honestly my head is still swirling over which combination of boxes to get.

Im leaning Jesses especially after the feedback above, but wondering if a helmet and my lap top bag fits in the vario side cases I may not need top box at all, and would save a bunch of $. It would be nice to get all 3 Jesse pieces now and be done with it but I'll have to ponder this some more.

Thansk,
Steve
CrustyOldFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #180
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,462
Quote:
Thanks for feedback, that pretty much puts my mind to rest. I have one of those large Swiss Army looking lap-top back packs for my 17-inch work lap top that I went by the dealer with and and it wouldn't fit in the vario top box, or it at all at least not without a lot of cramming to the point I'd be worried about breaking it. It may fit in the side vario expanded (didn't try it) but not crazy about side opening boxes. Looks like it'd be an easy fit in the Jesses, I'd rather not have to wear it for long commute. I also like the idea of option for storing helmet too. Dealer is willing to give me 100s $ off of either sets of BMW cases though, so honestly my head is still swirling over which combination of boxes to get.

Im leaning Jesses especially after the feedback above, but wondering if a helmet and my lap top bag fits in the vario side cases I may not need top box at all, and would save a bunch of $. It would be nice to get all 3 Jesse pieces now and be done with it but I'll have to ponder this some more.

Thansk,
Steve
Why don't you get the BMW aluminium panniers? They are great and they open from the top:

And you'll be able to fit two helmets! one in the topcase the otherone in one of the side cases (non exhaust one)
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 02:36 AM Reason: I suck :o(
Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote