User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 660 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #28096
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
I hate to tell you this....but that is a PSL.

It is kinda like that magazine clip thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
FPGT72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #28097
JBADV
searching for sanity

Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
I have an itch that is only going to be scratched by a 1911 and really like the Rock Island stuff. I have never fired one but it sounds like you are really happy? What should one expect to pay for something like that?
Check out the Sig Sauer 1911s,very nice.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #28098
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
You hit a 250 yard target with a Browning HiPower?

Hope you are wearing hearing protection even with .22LR. Otherwise you are going to be very deaf when you get older.
Full sized elk steel cut out - rather hard to miss a clang target....hit it with the .22 as well, but had to aim even higher.

Yea, I wear hearing protection, I've already learned my lesson...what?

People already say I'm deaf anyway - it's more like I don't listen anymore.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #28099
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I hate to tell you this....but that is a PSL.

It is kinda like that magazine clip thing
It's a loaner; what the hell do I know?
All the boys knows is that he shot a Draganov.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #28100
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It's a loaner; what the hell do I know?
All the boys knows is that he shot a Draganov.
No....it is cool, and a VERY comon mistake as they look quite a bit alike....If I was not a "nut" I would not know the difference...but here is a quick pic to show you the differences. The PSL is really built around an AK action, the Draganov or SVD is a different beast all together. They all fire the 7.62x54R execpt for you Yugo and it fires 8MM...they had to be a little different. The Chinese is a real close copy of the Soviet rifle. There are also rifles out there that are called Tigers and they are basically a civilian version of the SVD.

All are getting pretty darn hard to find anymore...with the PSL being about the most easy to find. Around here before the world went nutz I saw PSL's going for $1800....or I guess I should say that is what the guy was asking. Real SVD will be somewhere in the $4k+ range.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #28101
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:
I have an itch that is only going to be scratched by a 1911 and really like the Rock Island stuff. I have never fired one but it sounds like you are really happy? What should one expect to pay for something like that?
Mine was right at $500 OTD. Sales tax, credit card %, everything.

Then a few months later they went down $50-$70, but I wouldn't be surprised if the price has jumped considerably due to the current climate.

I'm super satisfied that it's been so reliable and hasn't shown anything, but wear and tear.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #28102
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Mine was right at $500 OTD. Sales tax, credit card %, everything.

Then a few months later they went down $50-$70, but I wouldn't be surprised if the price has jumped considerably due to the current climate.

I'm super satisfied that it's been so reliable and hasn't shown anything, but wear and tear.
As elsewhere, seems all the good guns are pretty scarce around here!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #28103
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpoften View Post
Has anyone here used www.gunbroker.com? I have used the site for pricing for years now, but have never purchased anything on it. I am thinking about selling a mini 14 and was wondering if I can list it? And have my local FFL holder mail it to another FFL holder.
I have purchased plenty of things from there, but never listed anything on it.
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #28104
B.Ross
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
range day with friends

A friend of mine on my SCAR 17. She hadn't shot since 93' (200yrd steel silhouette) VIDEO vvvvv
B.Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #28105
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,698
Maybe its the 5 points a gun adds, but Susan might need to make an appearance in the Toxic Over 40 thread.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #28106
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
No....it is cool, and a VERY comon mistake as they look quite a bit alike....If I was not a "nut" I would not know the difference...but here is a quick pic to show you the differences. The PSL is really built around an AK action, the Draganov or SVD is a different beast all together. They all fire the 7.62x54R execpt for you Yugo and it fires 8MM...they had to be a little different. The Chinese is a real close copy of the Soviet rifle. There are also rifles out there that are called Tigers and they are basically a civilian version of the SVD.

All are getting pretty darn hard to find anymore...with the PSL being about the most easy to find. Around here before the world went nutz I saw PSL's going for $1800....or I guess I should say that is what the guy was asking. Real SVD will be somewhere in the $4k+ range.

I'd rather have the real Yugo M76...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #28107
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

I have not checked in a while but they are/were still available at SOG....IIRC they are less than $2k.

Personally I own a PSL and like it quite a bit. At 200 yards (that is as far as our club range goes out) it will put 10 in the area the size of a football shooting pretty quick, not giving the barrel a chance to cool down....they all have pretty thin barrels and tend to string after they get hot.

Always wanted a real SVD or even a Tiger worked over to look like one, but that is out of sight now. I have never fired the Yugo, but those that have them seem to like them. It is/was such a strange country....only one I know that had two battle planes, one if attacked by NATO, the other if attacked by Warsaw Pact. Tito and Franco in spain seem to be cut from the same cloth in that aspect.....Guess that is why I always look at the CETME as well.

I like the 308 quite a bit, not as harsh, crisp...whatever as the 3006, but I already have two that fire the same basic thing in 7.5 french one in a bolt gun the other in an 49/56, they are so much nicer to shoot over a Garand/1903...not as hard on my old broken shoulder...even with recoil pads. 7.5 french is basically a 308.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
I'd rather have the real Yugo M76...
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #28108
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

My understanding is, Yugo (Zastava) used better steel and built better AK-type guns than any other nation. I may be partial to it, but if you put similar guns built on the same platform from several nations, you will see the difference for yourself... CZ (Czech), and CZ (Crvena Zastava - Yugo) are probably amongst highest quality.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #28109
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
My understanding is, Yugo (Zastava) used better steel and built better AK-type guns than any other nation. I may be partial to it, but if you put similar guns built on the same platform from several nations, you will see the difference for yourself... CZ (Czech), and CZ (Crvena Zastava - Yugo) are probably amongst highest quality.

They are a brick, but the others work and do the job they are designed to do....engage man sized targets at ranges past the normal weapons carried by the troops.

I have fondled them before and found them to be a little less friendly feeling to the body....the psl and norinco (never even seen in the flesh a tiger or svd) felt like they are built to your body.

But I think after talking to the people that own all three they are all actually pretty darn close to eachother.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #28110
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Another thing to note, a lot of Yugo (and Czech) gunsmiths and machinists of the era were schooled in post war Germany. The equipment was also German built. Whereas, Bulgarians, Romanians and Poles were schooled by the Russians. *

* - citation needed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: