Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #16
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangoman View Post
What the hell do you mean? The 1200C is one damn good lookin motorcycle, better lookin than any damn Hardly...

I'm not a cruiser man, but hot damn is that one of the ugliest stock cruisers I've seen in a long time (to me, subjective, yadda yadda).

I saw one on a dealer floor a couple years ago and spent 20 minutes walking around it in utter disbelief.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
royal
Don't Follow

Oddometer: 610
Well, as the former owner of an LT and an RT, and current owner of an Electra Glide, I can say that my Harley has put the fun back in motorcycling for me.

Not that I didn't like my LT and especially my RT, but neither one made me smile like my Harley. I know they aren't for everyone, but for me right now, I'm on the bike that makes me smile. Will I always ride Harley ? Maybe....but, maybe not.

I could see myself back on a BMW someday. But, right now, I'm quite content with what I have.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #18
ka5ysy
Doug

Oddometer: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
Bmw's are great bikes although they have their many problems, too many to even mention.

Like what, for example ?

Never have had a problem with my bikes other than the sucky Exide batteries that die without warning .

2011 BMW R1200RT
MSF/RidersEdge #127350, NAUI #36288
ka5ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #19
LoneTraveler
Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
belly button lint, where does it come from
Cincinnati.
LoneTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by opmike View Post
Jim Beam makes alcohol, not other drugs.
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #21
Doby Pilgrim
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I like my 1200C. I have a dozen bikes and that BMW gets the most compliments of any of them. Those who don't like them, please don't ride one. That way the prices can stay affordable for people like me who do.
They are not for everyone, and I like that they are relatively rare in my area. That said, they were BMW's best selling bikes when they were introduced. The company let the tech on the bikes languish and then when sales inevitably slowed they discontinued them. Duh.

They don't have too many buttons either.

I like Jim Beam as well, but I try not to post after having too many of them.
Doby Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #22
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,349
I'm only 48, I don't qualify to rail a hardly-ableson yet

'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #23
marksbonneville
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
I'm only 48, I don't qualify to rail a hardly-ableson yet

I had (still have) this same thought and then I turned 50 and now a couple years later I ride a Harley the very bike I made fun of, and I love it. Does this mean I won't own or ride other brands? Nope not at all, it just means I love my Harley and I'm over 50. But I also die my beard so I look 40 if that helps.
marksbonneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #24
Moonshiner
aka "B-dog"

Oddometer: 183
Currently own 2 BMW's (an airhead and an oilhead), and owned another airhead in the past. Great motorcycles.

I've only ridden one Harley, a 2003 1200 Sporty. I was pleasantly surprised. It was fun, it handled great, and stopped OK. What more do you need for a weekend jaunt through the countryside?

I always thought that I'd eventually be a Harley guy, but I'm not feeling it. For the record, I'm 53.

Moonshiner screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 07:40 AM Reason: Misspelled words
Moonshiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #25
sarhog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Well, as the former owner of an LT and an RT, and current owner of an Electra Glide, I can say that my Harley has put the fun back in motorcycling for me.
Hmm... interesting. As a former owner of a couple of ElectraGlides, a Fatboy, and a hardtail, I had kind of lost interest in motorcycling. Many reasons I suppose, from riding pals moving away, to a new job that supplies a company car. Anyhow, I recently got a BMW K16GTL and it has provided that smile.
sarhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #26
alii1959
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbonneville View Post
I had (still have) this same thought and then I turned 50 and now a couple years later I ride a Harley the very bike I made fun of, and I love it. Does this mean I won't own or ride other brands? Nope not at all, it just means I love my Harley and I'm over 50. But I also die my beard so I look 40 if that helps.
Well, I don't die my beard, but I had much the same experience you did. I always made fun of Harleys. I always dropped by the dealerships to check them out. When my back no longer enjoyed the GSX-600r I rode everything I could find. The one that got my attention: Road KIng. I have ridden my Road King more than any other bike I have ever owned. I have taken long trips, that I would never have considered on any other bike. But I still shake my head now and again when I realize that I am on a Harley. Yeah, I am 53, but it truly is a heck of a bike. I cannot say that I ride that much slower even, but it sure is fun on a clear cool day just to glide through the backroads without a care in the world......man I need a long ride!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #27
zataomm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshiner View Post
For the record, I'm 53.
Another 53 year-old here, also a late-comer to Harley ownership. I love everything about my Roadster sporty - smooth, plenty of power, sounds great, easy to maintain and unbelievably dependable - plus it reminds me of all the vintage bikes I have ever owned when I ride it. I don't own anything that says Harley on it other than the bike and could care less about all the "lifestyle" stuff. Also have owned BMW's and would like to have another one day, but at the moment can only afford to have one bike, and this one pretty much does it all for me.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #28
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,314
Well, I can't say that I'm a HD convert. Since both my parents worked for a Harley dealer, that's what I started riding on when I got my license in '61. No need to convert as I was hooked from the beginning. I've strayed a lot over the years. I've owned Triumphs, BMWs, Guzzis, and all the Japanese brands. Adventure bikes, enduros, dirt bikes, sport bikes, sport tourers, standards and cruisers. I found something to like about all of them becasue I love bikes, but none of them were ever as satisfying as the Harleys. So I'm back once again to an ElectraGlide for touring and a Sporty for around town. Plus the Guzzi California for when I want a cruiser 'cause it has about as much soul as a Harley and handles better than any Dyna.

And yes, you will usually find a Harley tee shirt under my gear. I've been wearing them since before I even had a license. Those black tee shirts have been around a lot longer than the "lifestyle".
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #29
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,441
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangoman View Post
What the hell do you mean? The 1200C is one damn good lookin motorcycle, better lookin than any damn Hardly...

No,,,,he's right. It's so ugly, it hit a few branches as it fell out of the ugly tree.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote