Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 99 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #2281
Hog Rider
The Professor

Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatling View Post
Thanks for your kind words.

I believe this particular 10/22 is from the 60's. I will dig the M1922 out of the safe in the next few days and post a photo. It is a pretty cool rifle.
I just recently seen a 10/22 in a full stock, It was a new gun and I had thought that it was a new model, I did not know they had been making them for years now.

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

http://carlstwowheeledadventures.blogspot.com

2006 Buell Ulysses, Current Rally Mount
1984 HD Electra Glide Classic
1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
1982 Honda CBX Super Sport, Work in progress
Hog Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #2282
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Rider View Post
I just recently seen a 10/22 in a full stock, It was a new gun and I had thought that it was a new model, I did not know they had been making them for years now.
Ruger made the Mannlicher (or International) style for a period back in the 60s/70s (or thereabouts) and then stopped. The one I showed in the photo above was manufactured in approximately 1975. They reintroduced the line recently; I think for special runs for Walmart and others. They did a laminate stocked version for Walmart, and different walnut variations for others. You could build up a sizeable collection of Rugers focused just on the 10/22 if you wanted to; there have probably been at least 70 variations of that rifle. Maybe more. There are 35 currently-available variants listed on Ruger's site today (http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/models.html). Ruger has produced over 6 million of these rifles and it is described as the highest production volume rifle ever made (although that is obviously not true, as there have been something on the order of 75 million AK 47s manufactured).

Here's an interesting article on the 10/22: http://www.shootingillustrated.com/i...82/ruger-1022/
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)

gatling screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 04:53 AM
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #2283
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,456
In the hunt, so to speak for a good basic target .22 pistol. I had a Mark III back in the day, and I'd like another. Is this a good way to go for the money? My wife is also interested in getting into pistols. A .22 is definitely the way to go here. A Mark III? I'm thinking a standard bull barrel in satin stainless. Thoughts?
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #2284
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,807
Thats!

What I have and really liking it. Can't go wrong. Not cheap though. $500.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #2285
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,478
Sure thing...there should be some better (not cell phone) pics in this or the general gun thread, but this is the one I found off hand.....I was out with it and my new (year old) CZ and shooting them both....I really like both rifles and both are dead on balls accurate, but the CZ has just a tad bit better sites for my old eyes.

I wanted to add for some reason the mauser LOVES sub sonic ammo....with other stuff, and I tried lots it tends to send one off to never never land once and a while....with subsonic everyone will be right were I want it to go. And if you thing normal 22 takes a while to go 100yards you should try a sub sonic.....first time I shot I thought I missed all together....but then ting.....oh I did hit it.

Man I love that mauser....I just need new eyes.

Quote:
I have been on the hunt for a Mauser single shot, I have yet to find one...

Could you post a picture of yours ?

Thanks You !

FPGT72 screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 04:16 AM
FPGT72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #2286
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Some people may poo poo them but I bought a beretta neos and really like the thing. It is made for people with smaller hands like myself, so if you have big bear paws you may not like it. I also bought the carbine kit (little spendy) but man did that make it into a super fun gun.

I shooting (and I suck) can hit 12 6" plates in a row off hand at 50 yards with mine in the hand gun configuration..and do it pretty darn quick...plenty good enough for me. It also has the rail built into the top so it is easy to add a red dot or something else if you would like that.

And let me tell you if you are trying to get your lady intrested there is nothing better than shooting and hitting what you are aiming at....and a red dot or laser after you get it setup is great for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
In the hunt, so to speak for a good basic target .22 pistol. I had a Mark III back in the day, and I'd like another. Is this a good way to go for the money? My wife is also interested in getting into pistols. A .22 is definitely the way to go here. A Mark III? I'm thinking a standard bull barrel in satin stainless. Thoughts?
Lyle
Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #2287
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Some people may poo poo them but I bought a beretta neos and really like the thing. It is made for people with smaller hands like myself, so if you have big bear paws you may not like it. I also bought the carbine kit (little spendy) but man did that make it into a super fun gun.

I shooting (and I suck) can hit 12 6" plates in a row off hand at 50 yards with mine in the hand gun configuration..and do it pretty darn quick...plenty good enough for me. It also has the rail built into the top so it is easy to add a red dot or something else if you would like that.

And let me tell you if you are trying to get your lady intrested there is nothing better than shooting and hitting what you are aiming at....and a red dot or laser after you get it setup is great for that.
+1
I love mine. Added a holographic sight. works great. I have several thousand rnds through it with no issues. Not picky about ammo, disassembly is easy, rail is a big plus.

I like Mark IIIs too, but this one felt better to me. About the same price.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #2288
84thProblem
Disbelief suspended

Oddometer: 435
Quote:

LOVE my Neos! The rail is great - I have a big Mall-Wart red dot on mine sometimes and feel like Han Solo. Pretty accurate IMHO. What do you think of the carbine kit? I heard it was a bit small for adults. I've been hankering for one for a year, but the thought that it'd be too small makes me leary.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #2289
d mc gee
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
I have been on the hunt for a Mauser single shot, I have yet to find one...

Could you post a picture of yours ?

Thanks You !
I also love Mauser small bores!

01 1150 GS
84 R100RS
74 XL350
d mc gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #2290
FAW3
Old wanderer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAW3 View Post
Santa says my son has been a good boy...

Model 71 "Stevens Favorite" Commemorative - .22 LR cal., replica of original, 22" blued octagonal barrel, open sights, plain straight stock, brass/gold color trim on sights, action lever, etc. Made in as far as I can tell 1971.

This will be our second "Stevens" firearm...got an old but nice looking single shot 20ga. last year, exposed hammer for $75.00.

Together, a nice little collection. Perfect "teaching" firearms.

Got a chance to go camping this past weekend. Took the #71 and some targets, and my 13 year old son.

Great shooting gun, it's a light, accurate and a nice looking rifle.

When he has a auto loader in his hands it can sound like a war zone...this is a bit of a change: the drop lever action and manual hammer is a "one at a time" deal...he learned quickly how to be smooth and accurate. Ammo lasted a lot longer too!

FAW3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #2291
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

The carbine kit is on the small side, but it is very shootable for a bigger guy, my neighbor is 6'+ and finds it just a hoot to shoot.

I think it is also a little spendy....you can get a pretty good 22 rifle for the price of the kit, but man it just doubles the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84thProblem View Post
LOVE my Neos! The rail is great - I have a big Mall-Wart red dot on mine sometimes and feel like Han Solo. Pretty accurate IMHO. What do you think of the carbine kit? I heard it was a bit small for adults. I've been hankering for one for a year, but the thought that it'd be too small makes me leary.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #2292
Hog Rider
The Professor

Quote:
Sure thing...there should be some better (not cell phone) pics in this or the general gun thread, but this is the one I found off hand.....I was out with it and my new (year old) CZ and shooting them both....I really like both rifles and both are dead on balls accurate, but the CZ has just a tad bit better sites for my old eyes.

I wanted to add for some reason the mauser LOVES sub sonic ammo....with other stuff, and I tried lots it tends to send one off to never never land once and a while....with subsonic everyone will be right were I want it to go. And if you thing normal 22 takes a while to go 100yards you should try a sub sonic.....first time I shot I thought I missed all together....but then ting.....oh I did hit it.

Man I love that mauser....I just need new eyes.

Yea, thats the Mauser I am looking for ! The few i have come across have been in the $ 800 range lately. Got to keep my eyes open, I will find one.

Great tip about the subsonic ammo.

Just sent the paperwork in, I hope to hear in a few days about a Romanian M69 in .22lr I found.

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #2293
Hog Rider
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d mc gee View Post
I also love Mauser small bores!

Very, Very nice Mauser, Is that a Oberndorf single shot ?

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #2294
CurtOKC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Talking

That commerative "Crackshot" would have been produced during the 71/72 time period based on my memory from that time period. A scoped take down model is on my "bucket list".
CurtOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #2295
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 2,039
Picked up a like new Winchester 9422M this weekend, can't wait to go shoot it.

Crappy cell phone pic

Hodakaguy
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: