ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
thanks and no need.

the donor sent me a PM.

back on track again....
Donation 21 = Post 770 - five sets of grips.

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com

ConTeacher screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 05:52 PM
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #1037
lifeofreilly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Joel, can you please update my raffle donations as well. I couldn't decide if I should order photoshop win or mac, so I got one of each. 1st winner can choose flavor, second can sell it on ebay

1x PHOTOSHOP CS6 ENGLISH MAC
1x PHOTOSHOP CS6 ENGLISH WIN

lifeofreilly screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 07:04 PM
lifeofreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #1038
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,783
My bad news will be good news for someone else. Looks like due to a change in family obligations, I will not be able to attend the rally after all. So whomever is the lucky FF next up on the waiting list, THIS IS YOUR LUCKY DAY!

Some other time I guess....
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #1039
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConTeacher View Post
Donation 21 = Post 770 - five sets of grips.
bill, thanks again. can i just post 4 sets. i have to do a review on the first set before we give the rest away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeofreilly View Post
Joel, can you please update my raffle donations as well. I couldn't decide if I should order photoshop win or mac, so I got one of each. 1st winner can choose flavor, second can sell it on ebay

1x PHOTOSHOP CS6 ENGLISH MAC
1x PHOTOSHOP CS6 ENGLISH WIN
you're the man seth. couple of PPs will be happy.

ok, i updated the list.

big thanks bud.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #1040
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,180
Friday Hunter MT Noob Group Ride

Okay, the ride is back on, BlaiseW (Ken) put it up and will lead this one. Those that were on sign back up. If there's enough for another group we'll put together another one.

It was brought to my attention that some are signed up for more than one ride on the same day. Since that's impossible, just pick one or get with your buddies and figure out which one you're going to try to go on.

There will be riders jumping in and out of rides right up to the moment it departs. If there are enough riders to overfill a group ride we'll split it and make another. 6-8 riders is really an ideal size, so it's easy to make another group, there's always someone to lead. With a lead and a sweep everyone gets back.

Post up if you would like to see a ride for a day that isn't there. Or if one is full and we need to add another. We have plenty of time.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #1041
joneswgareth
Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer: 189
Woohoo on the list!

Good way to start the New Year....

I'm planning on paying my subs tomorrow night, wanted to ask a quick question, and apologies for not reading all the pages (I have a young daughter and pregnant wife!).....but it seems there's not much in the way of organised rides just yet - is this correct? Do people just head out on the day making their own groups up or will more rides be added to the list the closer we get to the event?

I'm an intermediate rider, done plenty of rally events in the UK on big bikes but not a lot of sand and like a long day and would like to ride every day, so whats the score on this?

Many thanks all and looking forward to it!

joneswgareth screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 09:46 PM
joneswgareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #1042
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswgareth View Post
I'm planning on paying my subs tomorrow night, wanted to ask a quick question, and apologies for not reading all the pages (I have a young daughter and pregnant wife!).....but it seems there's not much in the way of organised rides - is this correct? Do people just head out on the day making their own groups up?

I'm an intermediate rider, done plenty of rally events in the UK on big bikes but not a lot of sand and like a long day and would like to ride every day, so whats the score on this?
You don't have to read all the pages, just PAGE 1!!!

The ones that 'head out on the day and make their own group' are usually riding partners that ride together all the time, so they're doing their own thing. For the rest we have the ride group sign-ups on post 6.

The problem with trying to do it there is that morning departures with 200 riders is rather like mayhem. It's much easier to know where you're going and with whom. That way you can meet up with that group and go. Many of these group rides form on-going friendships that last. There's something about depending on each other on an adventure trek that forms bonds. Pick a group ride and sign up. There's nothing that is that tough out there. The more advanced groups tend to ride faster as well. But you can always pair up with someone that rides your own pace, and the group waits for everyone to make sure they get through and no one gets lost or stranded.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #1043
joneswgareth
Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
You don't have to read all the pages, just PAGE 1!!!

The ones that 'head out on the day and make their own group' are usually riding partners that ride together all the time, so they're doing their own thing. For the rest we have the ride group sign-ups on post 6.

The problem with trying to do it there is that morning departures with 200 riders is rather like mayhem. It's much easier to know where you're going and with whom. That way you can meet up with that group and go. Many of these group rides form on-going friendships that last. There's something about depending on each other on an adventure trek that forms bonds. Pick a group ride and sign up. There's nothing that is that tough out there. The more advanced groups tend to ride faster as well. But you can always pair up with someone that rides your own pace, and the group waits for everyone to make sure they get through and no one gets lost or stranded.

Thanks Browneye - I did read the first page and more but wondered if there were ANYMORE hidden inside all the other pages . Just a handful of rides between the 200+ people seemed low and I wondered if many more pop up closer to the time.

I have organised, and led many group events in the UK and this seems to follow the format just on a way larger scale - if there were 200+ people riding around rural Wales then the cops would shut it down in a heartbeat!

Guess I will just keep my eyes peeled then.....
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #1044
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Thanks Browneye - I did read the first page and more but wondered if there were ANYMORE hidden inside all the other pages . Just a handful of rides between the 200+ people seemed low and I wondered if many more pop up closer to the time.

I have organised, and led many group events in the UK and this seems to follow the format just on a way larger scale - if there were 200+ people riding around rural Wales then the cops would shut it down in a heartbeat!

Yes, there will be more group rides setup as we draw closer. And yes, we don't tell the park service we're coming, we just rent out the whole facility at Panamint Springs Resort. And we ask the riders to adhere to park rules, no off-trail riding, speeding, camping in the park, etc...just follow the rules so we don't leave a bad impression. And we don't try to all run the same route or ride en masse.

On another group run, much smaller, we have to split into groups of 4 and claim to know no one else as we enter the park. They'd have a heart attack of a dozen or more dark-screened or goggle-clad riders decended on the place.

See you there!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #1045
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:

thanks chris (browneye) for answering questions, providing directions and maintaining the ride group activities.

jones, glad to see someone from UK coming. we had 1 last year and it was our pleasure to host particpants from overseas and far away states.

death valley is a national park, and it has rules and regulations.

FOLKS, IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE NP SYSTEM OR DEATH VALLEY NP, PLEASE READ:

http://www.nps.gov/deva/parkmgmt/rul...ons.htm#permit

THERE IS ALSO A FEE WHEN ENTERING THE PARK.
$10 FOR BIKES @ 7 DAYS; folks with annual pass, you're good to go!

MORE HERE...http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisi...servations.htm

JUST IMAGINE, IF ALL PAY, THE NP WILL HAVE AN INCOME OF $2000 ON THAT WEEKEND. PLEASE DO YOUR SHARE.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #1046
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Ok I re-entered the teakettle ride and as before it did not list me as a rider, so I joined again. Again, it did not list me but I see there are now two less spots for the ride, must have took my entry but its not showing it.
This happed before as well and I see bigtodd listed twice in this ride too. Maybe I wasn't patient enough but I think I took up two spots when all I need is one.
Anyway to fix this so another rider can use my unused spot?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #1047
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Ok I re-entered the teakettle ride and as before it did not list me as a rider, so I joined again. Again, it did not list me but I see there are now two less spots for the ride, must have took my entry but its not showing it.
This happed before as well and I see bigtodd listed twice in this ride too. Maybe I wasn't patient enough but I think I took up two spots when all I need is one.

Ken can clean that up, he has the password to that ride....BLAISEW????
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #1048
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post

Hmm? Only one of me planning to ride this one on Friday. My replicant is supposed to be staying in camp in case trail support is needed later.

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #1049
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Hmm? Only one of me planning to ride this one on Friday. My replicant is supposed to be staying in camp in case trail support is needed later.
Yup, did the same thing to me as well, one listed in caps one in lowercase. Look at the ride list. Your on for two.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #1050
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Click "QUIT" next to the ride to delete the double entry.
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote