Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Morinite OP
KLRista

Oddometer: 116
Questions about the Ural

Hello folks, been a while since I've posted on Adv Rider, anyway;

I currently own and ride a 06 KLR 650. I love my bike but I've had it since it was new and wish to get something else. That being said I really like the Ural side car set up. We can get them in Canada and they run about 15K$ CDN new. (incl taxes & fully optioned) I think the concept of having a reverse gear and two wheel drive is just outstanding. I also want to ride with my little girl and dog in the side car (ATGATT of course). I also wish to do some bike camping and do some lite offroading (mostly quad trails).

After conducting a little bit of research, I found that the bike's top speed is only 90-95kph (for a 750cc??) and that the bike can have issues such as electical problems and fuel issues too. Also that that there are problems with fit and finish issues. So my questions to the group are;

1) Are these really problems or are they real world issues I should be concerned with?

2) Are there places out there that specialize (In North America) in these bikes to get the most out them without spending tons of cash?

3) Are there other side car set ups (ie hacks) that would work just as well?

Any input would be great, please excuse my ignorance about side cars and the like as I'm just a dude trying his best.

Cheers

Morinite is offline   Reply With Quote