Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #1951
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicbiker View Post
Well well, maybe we should ask what his salary is up there in Norway! Even a bus driver has a higher salary in Norway than I have as a service engineer in Sweden!

Absolute numbers don't tell the truth!
Sounds like you need to move and learn to drive a bus!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #1952
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscly View Post
Here in Norway we have to pay 42857USD for the bike

http://www.finn.no/finn/mc/used/obje...nkode=38469675

Considering where Norway finishes in the UN rankings of best places in the world to live (consistently in the top 5, and #1 in 2012), and where other countries (not mentioning any names) where motorcycles are (a lot) cheaper, there is more to life than cheap bikes: gas and booze are two other essentials for a happy life.

Luckily both of these are cheap in Norway, to compensate somewhat for the high price of motorcycles.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #1953
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,386
Funny, in the last 15 years, I've known about 10 swedes and 4 Brits who have moved to the states for work over the last 15 years or so....TWO (2) have moved back........but don't worry guys - you can definitely believe everything the media tells you about America.....

On another note: I stopped by the local dealer today and they are getting ready to put their orders in ASAP for the new models. (I put mine in for a 1190R and a 1290 Super duke) and they're saying there's a chance we will see them by August....

Hopefully I still have my health and my job by then!

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #1954
jconyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Swung by our local shop to ask about the 1190 and if I could get on a order list. They told me that the 1190/1190R is not on the list of bikes that they can order for spring. I hope they're just not as well informed as some other dealers.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #1955
whitewater18
funhog

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconyer View Post
Swung by our local shop to ask about the 1190 and if I could get on a order list. They told me that the 1190/1190R is not on the list of bikes that they can order for spring. I hope they're just not as well informed as some other dealers.
My local dealer said the 1190 isn't in for 2013 because KTM is balking at offering it here. Seems they think they will have to price it too high (north of $20k) and it will not sell. He did say this could change between now and spring, or they might wait till 2014.
Good news is the 990A Baja edition is new for 2013.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #1956
nevermind
sLOW Rider

Oddometer: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater18 View Post
Good news is the 990A Baja edition is new for 2013.
Another 990? Complete with BNGs???
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #1957
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Easy guys, easy.....

The local guy actually told me they think they will be "a lot less" than the BMW's - and that the delays are more to do with getting the bike through the DOT process than anything else.

He did say there's "a chance" we will see them by August, so it's all to be taken with a grain of salt, I think. It could be another year and a half or more.

Also, when I say I "put my order in" it was a partially tongue in cheek comment - I did not put down a payment or sign anything, I just told him what I'm interested in, and he wrote it down, gave me a card and we'll touch base in 8 ( ) months or so......

I will say though, that if they come in around the BMW pricing, that would most likely kill the deal. Not because the value isn't there, but moreso because I anticipate this bike will see more offroad than my GS does, and is therefore more likely to be damaged, etc. If I'm going to be paying for a lux tourer, I may as well go with the GS and be able to do the valves / oil in 45 minutes.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #1958
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,293
Are we going to have panic attacks every few days over US availability and pricing? If so, can we start another thread for the chicken littles to hang out with each other.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #1959
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,493
Yes, dad..................

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #1960
Tiggersteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
the first bikes in the UK are due beginning of Feb would have thought they would certainly be in the US before the end of the year as it appears to be a good market over there,
Pricing wise (here) my mate specked a 1250GS and an 1190 to what he wanted and amazingly they were within 50,
2K over the price of a 990 is a bit of a shock so i will likely have to look at a s/hand year old one,
Tiggersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #1961
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersteve View Post
the first bikes in the UK are due beginning of Feb would have thought they would certainly be in the US before the end of the year as it appears to be a good market over there,
Pricing wise (here) my mate specked a 1250GS and an 1190 to what he wanted and amazingly they were within 50,
2K over the price of a 990 is a bit of a shock so i will likely have to look at a s/hand year old one,

If that is similar to pricing for the U.S. - we better get that other thread started ASAP..... I'll be the first one on it!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #1962
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,522
My local dealer has gone bust. Shame - as i reckon they might have done some trade with the new stuff.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #1963
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
My local dealer has gone bust. Shame - as i reckon they might have done some trade with the new stuff.
Other dealers will step in to fill the gap - do you want an 1190 ?

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #1964
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,522
I wanted a go on one. Happy with the Multi for now..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #1965
990s
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
More selfdestructing ..

From:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...841341&page=10

Today, 06:00 PM #142
Joe Pichler
Adventurer
Oddometer: 27
7230 Kilometers

Having now been a few miles done in Africa, I can give you a first report.
Always compared to my 990 R.

My initial scepticism about the less suspension was unfounded. The missing centimeters are not really noticeable in normal riding operations. More important here is a properly tuned suspension.
Only the lower ground clearance is noticeable.
There are some scratches on the skip plate, but thats build for.
As on the 990 I have on the R 1190 R mounted a higher seat and therefore a similar seating position.
I'm usually in the 80 octane mode here. Especially in the lower speed range it's a lot more fun to ride,, no comparison with the 990 R.
On various riding conditions, except for mud I have everything behind me, the 1190 R is easier to ride. But you can go as fast as with the 990R.
The limit is always the driver, never the bike.
As usual, I have reinstalled the narrow rims of the Super Enduro and the Scorpion Rally.
After 5,000 km I fitted new tires in Nairobi.

The petrol consume is 6l/100km. With the 990R I used last year in similar contitions 7,5 l/100km.
Oil consumption at 5000 km 0.5 liter
The 1190 has 2 fans and whether in the sand at Lake Turkana or in city traffic in Mombasa, there are any heat problems.
Renate is thrilled with the seat, shes never been riding so comfortable through Africa.
And now to the problems and mishaps which some are waiting for:
I fight my way through the sand at Lake Turkana, sweating like the pig and the display shows,
,,ice warning''
The temperature sensor is faulty, but it was prior to departure.
At the end of November in Salzburg it was not as noticeable as here in the African heat, and I was too lazy to exchange it before departure.
2 screws on track luggage rack are broken.
But until now, as expected its an nice rid without any problems.
Now Ill give the 1190 R a few days break. By boat well go on Lake Tanganyika further south.
Joe Pichler
Kigoma Tansania