Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #196
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by moventurer View Post
Okay, I'll probably get suspended or at least be public enemy #1 around here for this but here goes...

This entire thread is ridiculous. It is not illegal, and no one cares about TELEVISION shows being torrented. Virtually every show in the developed world is available online these days. Once it is broadcast in the public domain, it is pretty much fair to trade it.

You probably have better coverage on some obscure channel by following this easter egg hunt, but if you are patient the races will be posted from a variety of sources here. The one thing in common all of these "private torrent" games have is someone harvesting emails or at least selling them to another party for exploitation. If you get tired of stupid rules, control freak puffery, and just want to watch the event, then go here:
http://thepiratebay.se/search/dakar%202013/0/99/0

If you want to watch virtually any television show on the face of the Earth, go here:
http://thepiratebay.se/browse/205

None of this fiasco with the secret handshakes, and hidden clubs is necessary. Every supercross, motocross, formula1, football game, etc is available on torrent sites all the time, since probably 2005... You just need a little patience and the ability to follow some simple instructions.

Freedom cannot survive with so many rules. Fvck all these rules.
For the record...

There is no harvesting of email addresses. A simple PM through the forum is all that is required.

There is no control freak puffery. There are a few guys who are working on their own time, in spite of insane work hours and family commitments to provide an EASY place for people to get access.

Personally, I do not use public trackers. Call me crazy, call me maybe. I have been on the two big private trackers for 7 years and I prefer that to TPB or anything else. Private trackers do not have open invites for all to join or we would obviously go that route. Oh and BTW, I just went to TPB and did a "Dakar" search... LOL... Nice pop up ad... and they only have SD of the first two stages... that is sooo yesterday.

Years ago when I first started doing this, we were posting torrent links directly in the forum posts. The admins asked us to kindly not do that. No problem there. I'm happy to comply, since this is not my forum.

I get PM's all the time from people asking me for a one click solution. Many people on this forum can tear down a thumper and put it all back together blindfolded. They can't find a "proxy" or use a VPN, nor do they care to invest the time to learn how. I do know how to do that so it's easy for me. We all choose to use our strengths to benefit other's weaknesses. Not that hard a concept...

If you are that oppressed, feel free to opt out. Over the past few years I have had literally hundreds of people thanking us for what we do here for two weeks every January. As long as people are appreciative, I will continue to help.

FYI, the rules are more to help with the organization than anything else... Otherwise no one would know who to ask for what or how...

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #197
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Note the "PM group" of people aren't sending The Secret to people with zero posts. Yeah, there's a shitload of people signing up just to get The Secret. What's up with that?
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #198
GoNOW OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,523
Yep. Sorry. Unless you are an active member of this form, we don't exist.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #199
mountainboy1974
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
you guys are hero's in my book - those other solutions aint that easy or simple
mountainboy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #200
ararat
Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder View Post
Note the "PM group" of people aren't sending The Secret to people with zero posts. Yeah, there's a shitload of people signing up just to get The Secret. What's up with that?
Well old members dont get them either...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #201
R_Lefebvre
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
No VPN necessary, a simple proxy can be found on Google in less than a second..
I don't even know what you're talking about. I don't care to devote that much of my life figuring it out. I just want to watch some Dakar when I can squeeze in some time between work, and developing open source UAV technology.

So, cheers guys.
Attached Images

R_Lefebvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #202
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,004
Stage 4 France 4 is up on RFM.

They have had great video all Rally so far and plus you can brush up on your French.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #203
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Stage 4 France 4 is up on RFM.

They have had great video all Rally so far and plus you can brush up on your French.
You and your damn RFM........ (Thanks for rubbing it in )

Anyone able to send me a PM about it..........(Hint, Hint, Hint)

------Or-----------

Some smart, hard working, friendly, caring individual could possibly bring some of that action over to either the fishy place or the tinyurl at the beginning of this thread so the rest of us can play along?
I for one, would very much appreciate it.

Uller screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 06:43 PM
Uller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #204
g-haad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Wink My first post

Guess I'm just very Canadian eh. Never thought to do something "crazy" like sign up with ADVR before, just kinda creeper(ed)? from the sidelines. ...pulled info on checking valve clearances, doing LC4 oild changes and the like.

Even bought my KTM from a guy that posted it on here back in '07.

Fast forward to Jan 2013, desperate for some Dakar enlightenment and willing to sacrifice my anonymity to do so...

Many thanks to you fellows for doing this. I promise to creep no more.
g-haad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #205
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,384
Yep , I am in from the 1st page but have no idea whats going on , how to get it or even know if I could get it if it was explained in elementary instructions ,

Can I get someone to hold my hand to get this going , PLEASE HELP .

Katbeanz , you seeing this buddy ,

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #206
VK401
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
iPad/iPhone links for official coverage????help!

Ok, can some one please direct me to somewhere in the www.......that will enable me to see coverage of dakar on iPad!
Please, please...I am so sick of watching 2min clips that show pretty much the same stuff over and over!

.....thank you!
VK401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #207
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,545
Quote:
This entire thread is ridiculous.
Quote:
I posted for the benefit of the few reasonable people left in the world, and it is there for their use. If you don't like it don't use it
I can only suggest you just follow your own advice and when you find a thread you don't like, "don't use it". There are plenty of other threads.

crazybrit screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 12:23 AM
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #208
GoNOW OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by VK401 View Post
Ok, can some one please direct me to somewhere in the www.......that will enable me to see coverage of dakar on iPad!
Please, please...I am so sick of watching 2min clips that show pretty much the same stuff over and over!

.....thank you!
The flash video plays ok on my Nook. And if I download the flash files (they are MP4), it's perfect playback.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #209
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,413
stage 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #210
JesperDenmark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
stage 4?
seconded...
JesperDenmark is offline   Reply With Quote