User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #5701
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,774
Weird things people say...

Riding to work one morning. I took my exit. It has middle straight through, right and left turn lanes.
There is a Toyota Pickup in front of me. Driver is from the orient. He is confused, going from middle to right lane a couple of times. No directional used. I back off as I want to go right. He finally turns to the middle lane. I go down the right and he begins to come over into my lane. He saw me and veered left. He is not happy. He thought I cut him off on purpose. He is really pissed. He powers down the passenger window as I wait for traffic light. He is cussing me up one side then another. I noticed a woman passenger sitting, looking ahead. I flipped up my face shield, yelled over to him, "I see you're teaching your wife English today!"
Wow that really pissed him off.
Light turned, I sped away quickly.
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #5702
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Seal View Post
Riding to work one morning. I took my exit. It has middle straight through, right and left turn lanes.
There is a Toyota Pickup in front of me. Driver is from the orient. He is confused, going from middle to right lane a couple of times. No directional used. I back off as I want to go right. He finally turns to the middle lane. I go down the right and he begins to come over into my lane. He saw me and veered left. He is not happy. He thought I cut him off on purpose. He is really pissed. He powers down the passenger window as I wait for traffic light. He is cussing me up one side then another. I noticed a woman passenger sitting, looking ahead. I flipped up my face shield, yelled over to him, "I see you're teaching your wife English today!"
Wow that really pissed him off.
Light turned, I sped away quickly.

Quick-witted, and smart! It's never a good idea to pick a fight with a 4,000-lb vehicle, though.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #5703
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post

Quick-witted, and smart! It's never a good idea to pick a fight with a 4,000-lb vehicle, though.
He said the guy was from the Orient.He would never catch up with him. Stereotyping aside, I've never seen one drive fast..,
RRVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #5704
hoadie72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppo View Post
and, another story, same trip, this time at a gas station in hervey bay. the fuel tank was empty, and i had a big safari tank on the bike. i filled about 25liters into the bike and went inside to pay. the girl at the counter looked at the numbers, looked to the bike and asked astonished: "and all of that gas went into this small motorbike??"
I call BS - no self respecting Aussie will call petrol "gas"
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #5705
ChadHahn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoadie72 View Post
I call BS - no self respecting Aussie will call petrol "gas"
Maybe he filled the tank with propane.

Chad
ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #5706
aftCG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
"Would you like me to call an ambulance?"
aftCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #5707
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
I ride all winter, so around this time of year, I get "aren't you cold?" at every gas station, store, and sometimes even at traffic lights. It's 20 degrees out. Of fucking course I'm cold you dumb cunt!... But they're just being friendly, so I don't give them the answer I'm thinking of inside my head. I usually smile and tell them it's not too bad with the right gear on.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #5708
hoadie72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
Maybe he filled the tank with propane.

Chad
Again, not a term used here.
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #5709
CSI
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
Now that winter is upon us, people have stopped asking questions like "Aren't you cold?" and have just started commenting: "You're a freaking idiot!"

Thanksgiving weekend, I was heading back home, from about a 250 mile ride to Tulsa. It's upper 20s, and a van load of teenage girls pull in to the gas pump next to me.......1/2 of em said "You're effin CRAZY"....

I didn't tell them I was wearing heated gear....
CSI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #5710
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Thanksgiving weekend, I was heading back home, from about a 250 mile ride to Tulsa. It's upper 20s, and a van load of teenage girls pull in to the gas pump next to me.......1/2 of em said "You're effin CRAZY"....

I didn't tell them I was wearing heated gear....
If by "teenage" you mean 18 or 19 year olds, then the proper response is, "Why, yes, I am crazy. Want to go for a ride and join the crazy?"

If by "teenage" you mean 13 or 14 year olds, then the proper response is, "Is your mom single?"
Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #5711
Oldblue
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
What Honda do you have? I had a CB900F which was a great bike but the cam chain would rattle terribly at about 45 miles an hour which is what I'd drive it at in the city. On the highway though the dual range transmission air suspension and shaft drive were great.

Chad
Would that be a CB 900 Custom? The 900 F had a chain final drive, no 2 speed. Honda used the Hi/Lo 2 speed gear box to get the power over to the right side of the bike so they could use the proven shaft drive system from the GoldWing. Had a custom, great motorcycle, put over 50k on it. Don't recall too much cam chain noise.
Oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #5712
Oldblue
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Always enjoy the questions you get while stopped, especially from the old guys ( of which I am quickly becoming) and kids. The long look from the guy driving the mini van at the stop light. Yeah, some questions are silly but most folks seem like they would trade places with you, even if they wouldn't admit it. Coldest ride I had was an early morning departure for the Big Bend National Park, first weekend in December. Electric gloves & socks, HD touring suit. About 30 miles out I stretched my left leg out and unplugged the sock. Riding with about 40 other folks so I didn't stop. Another 100 miles or so to the first stop and my left foot was a Popsicle. Looked kinda funny in the restroom of a McDonald's pealing off gear to get down to the plug. A more experienced electric gear rider handed me some trash bag ties which work great for holding those plugs together. That has never happened again
Oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #5713
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 663
Cool2 Very Cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblue View Post
Always enjoy the questions you get while stopped, especially from the old guys ( of which I am quickly becoming) and kids. The long look from the guy driving the mini van at the stop light. Yeah, some questions are silly but most folks seem like they would trade places with you, even if they wouldn't admit it. Coldest ride I had was an early morning departure for the Big Bend National Park, first weekend in December. Electric gloves & socks, HD touring suit. About 30 miles out I stretched my left leg out and unplugged the sock. Riding with about 40 other folks so I didn't stop. Another 100 miles or so to the first stop and my left foot was a Popsicle. Looked kinda funny in the restroom of a McDonald's pealing off gear to get down to the plug. A more experienced electric gear rider handed me some trash bag ties which work great for holding those plugs together. That has never happened again

Sounds like you really lived up to your online name that day...

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #5714
ChadHahn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblue View Post
Would that be a CB 900 Custom? The 900 F had a chain final drive, no 2 speed. Honda used the Hi/Lo 2 speed gear box to get the power over to the right side of the bike so they could use the proven shaft drive system from the GoldWing. Had a custom, great motorcycle, put over 50k on it. Don't recall too much cam chain noise.
You are right, it was a custom. I think the cam chain needed replacing since no amount of adjusting would quiet it.

Chad
ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #5715
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,774
Aren't you cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I ride all winter, so around this time of year, I get "aren't you cold?" at every gas station, store, and sometimes even at traffic lights. It's 20 degrees out. Of fucking course I'm cold you dumb cunt!... But they're just being friendly, so I don't give them the answer I'm thinking of inside my head. I usually smile and tell them it's not too bad with the right gear on.

LOL
If it's a woman, ask her if she'd like to warm you up!
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote